PDA

View Full Version : At 37, James Harrison could stack up his play against most any linebacker of any age

stillers4me
10-25-2015, 07:05 AM
There are 55 men who played in the NFL past their 40th birthday. Only two were linebackers.

James Harrison plays as if he could become No. 3.

At 37 years, 5 months and 21 days, Harrison is gaining speed rather than slowing down. He played in 50 defensive snaps in the Steelers' 25-13 victory against Arizona and was the highest-rated player on that defense, according to Pro Football Focus............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/25/On-the-Steelers-At-37-James-Harrison-could-stack-up-his-play-against-most-any-linebacker-of-any-age/stories/201510250154

86WARD
10-25-2015, 07:54 AM
I would love to have him for three more seasons at the current level he is playing...even a little less is still good. He makes up for any lack of talent by his "being" in the locker room.

tube517
10-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Don't ever ever doubt this man. He thrives on that. I knew that 25 snap count by Porter wouldn't hold up for the season. Forget about Jarvis Jones' injury. In crunch time, Deebo will be there.

dislocatedday
10-25-2015, 09:37 AM
If Harrison could somehow play a couple more years at a very high level, and the Steelers manage to snag another Lombardi too.......I could see James possibly getting to the HOF. Being a late bloomer I think has probably hurt his chances, but another couple great seasons I think would give him a long enough body of work for consideration.

lipps83
10-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Mr. Harrison has been a favorite of mine since he slammed that Browns fan. I think part of his longevity was due to not really starting until Tomlin became coach.

Memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3xNSiRTDc#t=21

Steeldude
10-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Yet they eat into his time by playing Jones. The rotation should be Moats, Dupree and Harrison. Jones should be inactive or traded.

86WARD
10-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Maybe keeping him fresh for the second half of the season? Doubt it...never mind...

Steel Peon
10-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Love the guy, and really wanted him back on the team, even at 37. However, he's currently not the DPOY we all remember, and father time has dealt him a blow to the nuts or 2, but he's not going down without a fight and continues to be one of our best. I will always cheer for #92 JH, and hope he's leaving as big of an impression on our younger dudes as he does to our opponents' chest cavities.

Steeldude
10-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Love the guy, and really wanted him back on the team, even at 37. However, he's currently not the DPOY we all remember, and father time has dealt him a blow to the nuts or 2, but he's not going down without a fight and continues to be one of our best. I will always cheer for #92 JH, and hope he's leaving as big of an impression on our younger dudes as he does to our opponents' chest cavities.

What's pathetic is Harrison is still the team's most disruptive defender and pass rusher.

teegre
10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
What's pathetic is Harrison is still the team's most disruptive defender and pass rusher.

I love Harrison, but Heyward and Tuitt are currently better than him...

tube517
11-24-2015, 06:55 PM
/p/-efCkjJFmJ

jhharrison92We about to go have some fun!😂😂

teegre
11-24-2015, 07:02 PM
What's so cool (to me) is that Keisel and he are such good friends.

#bromance

tube517
11-24-2015, 07:08 PM

#bromance

Yeah. And Harrison's kids are friends w/Heath's kids.

Troy, Kiesel, and Ike calling Deebo early in the morning to talk him into coming back last year.

teegre
11-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah. And Harrison's kids are friends w/Heath's kids.

Troy, Kiesel, and Ike calling Deebo early in the morning to talk him into coming back last year.

Exactly.

I remember a radio interview out here in San Diego, when they called Woodley. Lawrence Timmons was in the background, interrupting the interview, because he was saying "Good-bye" to his kids who were going out for the afternoon with Uncle James (Harrison).

Those kinds of of things are awesome (to me).

Steelman
11-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Exactly.

I remember a radio interview out here in San Diego, when they called Woodley. Lawrence Timmons was in the background, interrupting the interview, because he was saying "Good-bye" to his kids who were going out for the afternoon with Uncle James (Harrison).

Those kinds of of things are awesome (to me).

Man, I want James Harrison to be my uncle! How awesome would that be? :chuckle:

Rotorhead
11-25-2015, 02:44 PM
I think Dupree will be as disruptive, I have liked what I have seen with him this year so far. As for JH, well he has definitely lost a step and doesnt get to the QB like before, but his power is as good as ever. I think him bull rushing the T back into the pocket helps Cam and it definitely sets the edge.

ALLD
11-25-2015, 03:34 PM
I love Harrison, but Heyward and Tuitt are currently better than him...

I dare you to say that to his face.

teegre
11-25-2015, 08:32 PM
I dare you to say that to his face.

I would. Because, beyond being the most physically intimidating player I've ever seen play, he's also one of the smartest.

Thus... he'd agree with my assessment.

TeeTee
11-26-2015, 07:29 PM

#bromance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niu9Zmrx0p8

- - - Updated - - -

I would. Because, beyond being the most physically intimidating player I've ever seen play, he's also one of the smartest.

Thus... he'd agree with my assessment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VbODnX0dVs

steelerdude15
11-26-2015, 10:15 PM
I think one of the reasons why James is able to continue to play at the age of 37 is because he didn't start or play that much until 2007. 2002 was his first year in the NFL.