PDA

View Full Version : Steelers benefiting from giving young players chances this year

stillers4me
10-24-2015, 06:40 AM
We knew going into the 2015 season that there would be some changes, especially on the defensive side of the ball, for the Pittsburgh Steelers as they looked to reassert themselves as championship contenders, hoping to win a playoff game for the first time since the 2010 season.

Perhaps one of the biggest changes that we’ve seen has been the Steelers’ willingness to take more chances with younger or inexperienced players, though this has not been universally true, and they have also been heavily goaded by necessity................

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/steelers-benefitting-from-giving-young-players-chances-this-year/

TD's & Beer
10-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Not so much "willingness" - more like "had no choice", "dragged kicking and screaming"

and it shows how stubborn the Steelers really are against playing non-coach-front-office-favorites

I hope they learned a lesson

TeeTee
10-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Not so much "willingness" - more like "had no choice", "dragged kicking and screaming"

and it shows how stubborn the Steelers really are against playing non-coach-front-office-favorites

I hope they learned a lesson

They were mostly forced into playing more young guys, but the subtraction of LeBeau probably also contributed to it. So glad we moved on from that - much, much needed.

TD's & Beer
10-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Scratch one team favorite

CB Cortez Allen (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Allen missed the last five games and wasn't close to returning. The Steelers will continue to go with Antwon Blake and Ross Cockrell as their top corners. Owed $5.75 million in 2016, Allen is a candidate for offseason release. Oct 24 - 4:05 PM