PDA

View Full Version : Linebacker Ryan Shazier takes an old-fashioned precaution

stillers4me
10-22-2015, 05:03 AM
Wednesday was “Back to the Future Day,” and Steelers inside linebacker Ryan Shazier looked like he took a time machine to 1985.
Wearing an old-fashioned neck roll to protect his injured shoulder, Shazier returned to practice Wednesday and said he hopes to return to the starting lineup this week after missing the past four games.

“I was telling a few of the guys I look like Goldberg from “The Longest Yard”, or some of the older linebackers,” Shazier said of “The Longest Yard” remake that included a cameo of former NFL lineman and pro wrestler Bill Goldberg. “But if I have to wear it, I’m going to wear it. They want me to put it on. They feel like it helps, so I’m going to wear it, whatever I have to do to be out there on the field.”.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/22/Linebacker-Ryan-Shazier-taking-an-old-fashioned-precaution/stories/201510220091

Count Steeler
10-22-2015, 05:23 AM
Just don't do a somersault into the end zone if you get a pick 6.

All the king's horses and all the king's men
won't be able to put you back together again.

86WARD
10-22-2015, 07:41 AM
"I look like Goldberg from the Longest Yard."

*sigh*

Poor generation has to live with these re-boot movies...

Steeldude
10-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Ugh! He referenced the remake of the Longest Yard, not the original. Kids today do not know a good movie.

As for his injury, I doubt he plays this week.

katmandu
10-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Wednesday was “Back to the Future Day,” and Steelers inside linebacker Ryan Shazier looked like he took a time machine to 1985.

Wearing an old-fashioned neck roll to protect his injured shoulderIn addition to the neck roll pad, Shazier perhaps he needs to swap out his small shoulder pads for the HUGE set like Jack Splat wore !

I would wonder how much those huge shoulder pads would slow him down.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/412/692/jack-lambert_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

tube517
10-23-2015, 09:20 AM
And worse, Goldberg was a scrub football player in his day.

I like the Lambert reference better.