PDA

View Full Version : K Chris Boswell wins AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers K Chris Boswell wins AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

By Jacob Klinger
on October 21, 2015

http://imgick.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width620/img/steelers/photo/19017604-mmmain.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Chris Boswell (9) makes a field goal in the second half of an NFL football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015 in Pittsburgh. The Steelers won 25-13.

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Chris Boswell won AFC Special Teams Player of the Week after hitting scoring more than half of the team's points in a 25-13 win over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Boswell made kicks of 47, 48, 51 and 28 yards and hit an extra point. All other Steelers points were scored by Landry Jones and Martavis Bryant. Boswell became the first Steelers kicker to hit four field goals in a game since Shaun Suisham did so in a 19-16 home win over the Baltimore Ravens on Oct. 20, 2013.

The Steelers signed Boswell on Oct. 3 as they released Josh Scobee following the former Jacksonville Jaguars kicker's missed a pair of kicks in a loss against the Ravens.

Boswell has hit all five field goals and all four extra points since joining the team. He is one of 10 NFL kickers to make every field goal this year and one of nine to make every kick. Robbie Gould missed an extra point.

to read rest of article:

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/10/steelers_k_chris_boswell_afc_player_week.html#inca rt_story_package

86WARD
10-22-2015, 04:46 AM
Could have a keeper here?

zulater
10-22-2015, 05:34 AM
Good for him. :applaudit: Well earned.

Count Steeler
10-22-2015, 05:35 AM
Would be nice to seal down this position for the next 10-15 years.

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Would be nice to seal down this position for the next 10-15 years.
Definitely a great start. I wasn't sure about this signing but he's proven to be much better than I thought he'd be.

I think that Sushi is probably done so this is a really good thing.

86WARD
10-22-2015, 07:39 AM
If he's consistent throughout the rest of the season, $uisham is gone. They'll take The Boz and his low salary every day...

zulater
10-22-2015, 06:17 PM
If he's consistent throughout the rest of the season, $uisham is gone. They'll take The Boz and his low salary every day...

Long way to go, but if Boz stays consistent throughout the season no question they would keep him over Suisham due to salary for next season. I feel bad for Sushi, but if he makes a complete recovery someone will pick him up.

j-d-s
10-22-2015, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't celebrate Boswell just yet... if he does hit 90% of FGs consistently, we should trade Sushi away. Sushi still is one of the best kickers in the league with good accuracy inside the 50.

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2015, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't celebrate Boswell just yet... if he does hit 90% of FGs consistently, we should trade Sushi away. Sushi still is one of the best kickers in the league with good accuracy inside the 50.

Sushi wouldn't have made that 51 yarder, he simply doesn't have the leg strength...

tube517
10-22-2015, 08:50 PM

Yeah, it's too early. We have to see his consistency over the rest of this season.

Sushi basically is useless beyond 50. Sometimes you need some of those.

SteelerFanInStl
10-23-2015, 12:13 PM
A kicker with a blown out knee doesn't have any value.

hawaiiansteeler
10-29-2015, 02:44 PM
Getting to know Chris Boswell

Steelers kicker Chris Boswell sat down to talk about how he got into football, why he chose number nine and what he enjoys doing in his spare time.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Getting-to-know-Chris-Boswell/d13ea486-3d9d-44f1-8c87-6a780ce0afd8

j-d-s
10-31-2015, 08:09 AM
A kicker with a blown out knee doesn't have any value.

Getting back from an ACL is not that difficult. I tore my ACL when I was skiing, I wasn't allowed to to any kind of sports for nine months after the surgery, but since then I have no problems at all with the knee. And I'm not even a professional athlete... the professional ski racers frequently sustain serious knee injuries and most of them come back right where they left off, and skiing very much depends on technique and being able to move your legs correctly.

B&GFever
10-31-2015, 08:55 AM
kind of nice to see him get praise from many who where dogging him before he ever laced them up for the Steelers in the original Boswell thread