PDA

View Full Version : Ben practices well, gets mad about dropped passes

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger practices well, gets mad about dropped passes

By Jacob Klinger
on October 21, 2015

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger gave some familiarity to Pittsburgh Steelers practice on Wednesday.

His voice in the huddle, his throws to familiar targets and his disappointment with teammates who came up short.

"He looked great out there today," Martavis Bryant said. "Some of the receivers and scout teamers dropped the ball and he was getting mad, but otherwise he looked good today."

Roethlisberger suffered a bone bruise and MCL sprain in his left knee on Sept. 27 against the St. Louis Rams that was reportedly set to keep him out for four to six weeks. He has missed three games since, and while head coach Mike Tomlin said Pittsburgh is preparing for the Kansas City Chiefs with Landry Jones as the starter, Roethlisberger was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice.

Both Bryant and Le'Veon Bell said the quarterback didn't look different from when he was practicing with the team a month ago and that Roethlisberger's knee feels a lot better. Jones also said Roethlisberger looked good and that he has some uncertainty over who will start on Sunday.

"Ben's back to his original self," Bryant said. "He wants to play, but at the same time you want to make sure his knee is OK."

to read rest of article:

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/10/steelers_roethlisberger_practices_drops.html

86WARD
10-22-2015, 04:47 AM
Wonder who had the dropsies?

Count Steeler
10-22-2015, 05:34 AM
Can't blame them. They haven't had any well thrown passes for 3-4 weeks. And any that were had the opposite spin. They'll get used to Ben again.

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Ben is such a Diva. I'm sure the receivers were trying their hardest. They should all get participation trophies.

tube517
10-22-2015, 07:14 AM
Ben shouldn't get mad and blow up in front of all the players and coaches. What a poor leader. He doesn't prepare properly. :sarcasm: :heh:

zulater
10-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Wonder who had the dropsies?

Sammie Coates. Just a guess.

fansince'76
10-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Ben shouldn't get mad and blow up in front of all the players and coaches. What a poor leader. He doesn't prepare properly. :sarcasm: :heh:

I blame "Cool Shades." :chuckle:

86WARD
10-22-2015, 07:36 AM
Sammie Coates. Just a guess.

As long as ABs not in a "tail spin"...lol.

Steeldude
10-22-2015, 11:07 AM
As the starting QB he should get mad at drops. He is the leader of the offense, as every QB should be.

katmandu
10-22-2015, 11:34 AM
As the starting QB he should get mad at drops. He is the leader of the offense, as every QB should be.Exactly.

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Bracing for pain

Roethlisberger, despite several other knee injuries, never has worn a knee brace, but he will try out as many as six this week as he attempts to convince the coaching staff he can play Sunday at Kansas City.

“I’ve never [used a brace] before,” Roethlisberger said. “I have no idea what it’s like to run, move, if it will bump my other leg. I’m not really sure yet.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/22/Linebacker-Ryan-Shazier-taking-an-old-fashioned-precaution/stories/201510220091

zulater
10-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm interested to hear how Ben felt this morning when he woke up? How he practices today will tell a lot (if he did at all) Did yesterday's practice diminish his strength or stamina? With a day's practice and potential soreness under his belt, did his drops and delivery suffer at all? If he comes back from yesterdays practice unscathed and actually looks stronger than do you have t consider starting him?

Here's my guess what happens. He's going to suit up and be the back up to Landry. The idea will be to try to let Landry win it. But if it's 3rd quarter, the games outcome is in the balance, and the offense has been stagnating under Landry then I think Ben goes in. Part of my thinking is they don't want Ben to play 4 quarters. But that's just me shooting from the hip telling you how I would handle it. :lol:

Steelman
10-22-2015, 01:37 PM
But that's just me shooting from the hip telling you how I would handle it. :lol:

If you don't have cool shades, we don't care about your opinion. :chuckle:

Rotorhead
10-22-2015, 03:09 PM
I am back and forth on Ben playing, on one hand I would like him to shake off any rust for the Cincy game, on the other, I want him to be 100% for the Cincy game, not risking any further delays in his return. I think this game is winnable with Landry just playing average like a back up should so do we put Ben in not 100% or take the W and hope Ben doesnt have much if any rust next week?

tube517
10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
If you don't have cool shades, we don't care about your opinion. :chuckle:
This

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk