PDA

View Full Version : Steelers work out Corner today?!

StillCurtains
10-21-2015, 08:53 PM
According to Steelers depot, the Steelers worked out CB Robert McClain today. I don't have too much information on this guy. It was said that Antwon Blake sat out today's practice with a thumb injury and has a cast on his hand. It was also said that Tomlin did not include him on his injury report.

My guess is that Blake will be a go for Kansas City unless his head falls off. If Blake is unable to participate, then this gives confirmation that Boykin is truly in Tomlin's doghouse if he would rather work out a corner than consider starting Boykin.

The Saga continues.....

Psycho Ward 86
10-21-2015, 09:58 PM
this is getting out of hand. let Boykin start in his place for christ sake

hawaiiansteeler
10-21-2015, 10:01 PM
this is getting out of hand. let Boykin start in his place for christ sake

Boykin probably would start in his place.

but with Blake AND Cortez Allen being possibly out, they are probably just kicking the tires to see what's available out there...

Texasteel
10-21-2015, 10:46 PM
I must have something wrong. Didn't they actually trade for Boykin giving up a draft pick? Did they not watch Boykin play, didn't they know anything about this guy? Did he forget how to play on the plane to Pittsburgh? If the guy can't play I don't want him to, but either way this kinda make the organization look a little dumb.

TeeTee
10-21-2015, 11:26 PM
http://www.lavenderink.org/boink/boinksplash.gif

Mojouw
10-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Organizations constantly have players come in and work out to update their internal evaluations of who is available and how they feel about them.

This team is one injury away from having Antonio Brown play DB.

StillCurtains
10-21-2015, 11:29 PM
I must have something wrong. Didn't they actually trade for Boykin giving up a draft pick? Did they not watch Boykin play, didn't they know anything about this guy? Did he forget how to play on the plane to Pittsburgh? If the guy can't play I don't want him to, but either way this kinda make the organization look a little dumb.

This is mostly due to Boykin being in the doghouse for some reason. I've seen Boykin play since he's got in the league. He's hands down the best corner on this roster. There's something that smells real foul here.

86WARD
10-22-2015, 04:48 AM
Has anyone in the press pressed the issue on why Boykin is not playing?!? It's obviously someone more to the story...

Count Steeler
10-22-2015, 05:32 AM
Maybe Boykin has Moore's locker stall. Someone forgot to remove the "Dog House" label.

tube517
10-22-2015, 07:10 AM
Boykin probably would start in his place.

but with Blake AND Cortez Allen being possibly out, they are probably just kicking the tires to see what's available out there...

I agree. Blake's injury (if he does not play) leaves Gay, Cockring, and the invisible man. Nobody behind those 3. Maybe a PS player. Who knows if we'll see Cortez this season.

ALLD
10-22-2015, 07:29 AM
They still have the rookie on the PS and Benghazi should finally get off the bench.

86WARD
10-22-2015, 07:33 AM
I agree. Blake's injury (if he does not play) leaves Gay, Cockring, and the invisible man. Nobody behind those 3. Maybe a PS player. Who knows if we'll see Cortez this season.

Let's hope not...

fansince'76
10-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Has anyone in the press pressed the issue on why Boykin is not playing?!? It's obviously someone more to the story...

Cool Shades will just play a bad poker hand and say something that insults everyone's intelligence anyway, or whatever...

86WARD
10-22-2015, 07:42 AM
Is McClain black?

:stirthepot:

tube517
10-22-2015, 07:51 AM
Cool Shades will just play a bad poker hand and say something that insults everyone's intelligence anyway, or whatever...

Yeah, he thinks he's a badass that is too cocky for his own good. Really insulting to my below the mendoza line IQ :stirthepot:

Shoes
10-22-2015, 08:00 AM

I doubt it, he's played fewer and fewer games since 2012 and he'd be horrible if he did play. For a head case he's pretty sharp, collecting 6+ million a year for doing nothing. He should be sending Keenan Lewis a Christmas gift every year for the contract he got.

katmandu
10-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Boykin probably would start in his place...Doesn't Boykin suffer from Sharkism Disease of the brain as well ?

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Doesn't Boykin suffer from Sharkism Disease of the brain as well ?
According to who? He never had any problems in Philly.

I've only seen that mentioned by people here trying to rationalize why he's not playing.

TeeTee
10-22-2015, 01:10 PM
According to who? He never had any problems in Philly.

I've only seen that mentioned by people here trying to rationalize why he's not playing.
http://orig05.deviantart.net/4829/f/2012/333/6/6/boink_by_ladygt-d5mieje.gif

Texasteel
10-22-2015, 03:30 PM
This is mostly due to Boykin being in the doghouse for some reason. I've seen Boykin play since he's got in the league. He's hands down the best corner on this roster. There's something that smells real foul here.

I have had a few guys working for me that I got mad at, but I never told one of them " Go sit in your car till it's time to go home." If that is the only reason for not playing him I would like to change, " look a little dumb ' to " totally moronic."

Butch
10-22-2015, 05:36 PM
What in the Hell is this damn doghouse of Tomlin, and why is it filled every year with some player we traded for???

86WARD
10-22-2015, 05:55 PM
It's a "solid", "standard" doghouse.

katmandu
10-22-2015, 07:47 PM
We need to start getting on the press for not reporting more on Boykin.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk