PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Pouncey did not have second surgery

TD's & Beer
10-20-2015, 12:45 PM
More Jedi mind tricks?

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said C Maurkice Pouncey (leg/ankle, I.R./return) did not undergo a second surgery.

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Senior NFL Writer

Mike Tomlin confident Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) can return this year but hasn't received full evaluation from doctors yet. Pouncey has not had a second surgery.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...second-surgery (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/321896/tomlin-pouncey-did-not-have-second-surgery)

Steelman
10-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Man I sure wish he can return soon. Watching Goose get abused by every defensive tackle in the league is getting rough.

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Man I sure wish he can return soon. Watching Goose get abused by every defensive tackle in the league is getting rough.

yeah, Wallace has been getting thrown around like a rag doll...

TeeTee
10-20-2015, 01:25 PM
It's Tomlin, so I suspect it's more attempted mind games, which are transparent and pathetic.

Remember after Bell's significant knee injury last season, Cool Shades was saying, "Well, he's on that stationary bike now, you know him" as if here was a chance he was gonna play the next game, meanwhile, Bell wasn't even all healed at camp the next year. F--k whatever Cool Shades says.

teegre
10-20-2015, 02:10 PM
It's Tomlin, so I suspect it's more attempted mind games, which are transparent and pathetic.

Remember after Bell's significant knee injury last season, Cool Shades was saying, "Well, he's on that stationary bike now, you know him" as if here was a chance he was gonna play the next game, meanwhile, Bell wasn't even all healed at camp the next year. F--k whatever Cool Shades says.

You get so angry about the injury report.

Why exactly???

tube517
10-20-2015, 02:11 PM

Why exactly???

It's not as if the perfect Patriots** ever pull any stunts on the injury report. :coffee:

teegre
10-20-2015, 02:14 PM
It's not as if the perfect Patriots** ever pull any stunts on the injury report. :coffee:

Exactly.

All coaches do this... because, they are forced to talk to the media and submit injury reports. No coach wants to talk to the media and/or submit an injury report, because it helps the opposition prepare.

fansince'76
10-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Pouncey's a drama queen! :chuckle:

teegre
10-20-2015, 02:23 PM

He does make nice hats, though.

Psycho Ward 86
10-20-2015, 02:51 PM
knowing Tomlin this is just as likely to mean Pouncey is on his 4th surgery

tube517
10-20-2015, 03:01 PM

And Beachum, too. :chuckle:

ALLD
10-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Pouncey doesn't want to miss another Super Bowl.

Mojouw
10-20-2015, 04:26 PM
The injury report only exists because the NFL likes to help people to well whatever clever euphemism they are currently using for gambling.

If it didn't exist, the entire league would be listed as questionable every week.

Why do people blame this on Tomlin? Or single him out for specific critique? Like he owes us all insider access to the doctor's report.

TeeTee
10-20-2015, 04:36 PM

Why exactly???

You asked, so I will tell you. Bad, obvious liars are an insult to our intelligence. When people lie to you, and it's so obvious they are lying, that is just another way of saying, "I think you are so stupid that you believe my obvious lies."

The examples are endless. Tomlin thinks he is being so coy and cute, and he doesn't realize he is the one who looks like the dummy. But I can't pin it just on his regime. They were the same way with Cowher, so maybe it's more of a team/Rooney thing than Tomlin. Belichick doesn't bother with obvious lies, he just tries to not say anything at all, which is not insulting. Remember when the Steelers were putting up this front that Gildon had so much good football left, when it was obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells that he was washed up? They even had their shill, Peter King, carry their water of lies to try to sucker some team into trading for him. No one even came close to biting whatsoever. It was just an exercise in futility and a waste of time.

tube517
10-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Belichick doesn't bother with obvious lies

Uh, whatever. :coffee:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/spikes-talib-say-patriots-file-false-injury-reports/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10628852/brandon-spikes-buffalo-bills-refutes-new-england-patriots-reason-putting-ir

Count Steeler
10-20-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm sure it is just a boo boo.

teegre
10-20-2015, 05:17 PM
You asked, so I will tell you. Bad, obvious liars are an insult to our intelligence. When people lie to you, and it's so obvious they are lying, that is just another way of saying, "I think you are so stupid that you believe my obvious lies."

The examples are endless. Tomlin thinks he is being so coy and cute, and he doesn't realize he is the one who looks like the dummy. But I can't pin it just on his regime. They were the same way with Cowher, so maybe it's more of a team/Rooney thing than Tomlin. Belichick doesn't bother with obvious lies, he just tries to not say anything at all, which is not insulting. Remember when the Steelers were putting up this front that Gildon had so much good football left, when it was obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells that he was washed up? They even had their shill, Peter King, carry their water of lies to try to sucker some team into trading for him. No one even came close to biting whatsoever. It was just an exercise in futility and a waste of time.

Thank you for answering.

But, be honest, if Tomlin did exactly as Belichick did, you'd rip Tomlin for it.

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 05:29 PM

My prediction is wallace gets a hand full of nuts ;)

stillers4me
10-20-2015, 06:25 PM

TD's & Beer
10-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Ben will play

Pouncey will play later

It is written

TeeTee
10-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Thank you for answering.

But, be honest, if Tomlin did exactly as Belichick did, you'd rip Tomlin for it.

I don't really know that this is true. I don't follow the Pats like I do Pgh. Belichick actually makes me laugh with his military tactics; they don't insult one's intelligence as Tomlin's poor poker moves do.

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 07:03 PM
My prediction is wallace gets a hand full of nuts ;)

http://i.imgur.com/qiNLZmz.gif

fansince'76
10-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Yup, my intelligence certainly wasn't insulted when Brady was listed as "probable" with a "shoulder injury" every single week for the better part of a decade...

teegre
10-21-2015, 12:55 AM
I don't really know that this is true. I don't follow the Pats like I do Pgh. Belichick actually makes me laugh with his military tactics; they don't insult one's intelligence as Tomlin's poor poker moves do.

Come on, man.

We both know that if Belichick used the same "poker tactics" as Tomlin (which he has/does) you would be talking about how awesome he is.

86WARD
10-21-2015, 01:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qiNLZmz.gif

That clip never gets old...

Mojouw
10-21-2015, 10:07 AM

I can totally see what you are saying, but you have to consider where it is coming from. The NFL forces the teams to have coaches, team officials, players, etc talk to the media. These are organizations (meaning the individual NFL teams) that would prefer to live on a policy to total information black-out. "loose lips sink ships" and all that. They are forced to give daily updates on various topics. Of course they are going to throw out complete and total lines of bullshit.

So, coach, is your freakishly fast, sideline to sideline linebacker - who is totally capable of altering an entire offensive gameplan - going to play this weekend?

Oh. Yeah. Totally. He's playing the hell out of the game.

To follow up coach, it seems that there are reports that Mike Vick was seen at the team facility with a fork sticking out of his back. Can you confirm that he is indeed done and sucks ass?

Nope. Obviously, his play has been below the line, but Mike Vick is a man who has gotten things done in the NFL and we believe he can continue to do so. We will continue to prepare to have Mike Vick as a member of this football team. Iron sharpens iron. When Vick recovers from his hamstring, which could be any minute now, he will return to compete with the other men in the locker room. The best 53 will get a hat on Sundays. Obviously, the standard is the standard. And next man up until our leader, Big Ben, can return.

See how easy that is? Plus most questions from reporters are stupid and ridiculous any ways. "So, Coach, can you tell me what pressure packages on defense and pass routes on offense you would like to feature against Kansas City?" C'mon man.

tube517
10-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Nope. Obviously, his play has been below the line, but Mike Vick is a man who has gotten things done in the NFL and we believe he can continue to do so. We will continue to prepare to have Mike Vick as a member of this football team. Iron sharpens iron. When Vick recovers from his hamstring, which could be any minute now, he will return to compete with the other men in the locker room. The best 53 will get a hat on Sundays. Obviously, the standard is the standard. And next man up until our leader, Big Ben, can return.

Mojouw, do you own a lot of shades? :lol:

TeeTee
10-21-2015, 01:03 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579497-maurkice-pouncey-injury-updates-on-steelers-centers-ankle-and-recovery?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

I will not hold my breath but...........

Shoes
10-22-2015, 09:05 PM
BY ALEX KOZORA (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/alex-kozora/) OCTOBER 22, 2015 AT 11:20 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey has officially undergone his second surgery to repair his broken fibula. His girlfriend, who goes by @razansworld on Instagram, posted this picture two hours ago.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/maurkice-pouncey-undergoes-second-surgery/