PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown says passion prompted mini outburst

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 11:18 PM
Steelers notebook: Brown says passion prompted mini outburst

By Mark Kaboly
Monday, Oct. 19, 2015

Antonio Brown threw his hands in the air late in the third quarter against the Cardinals after a Landry Jones throw directed at him was off the mark.

Brown said Monday it wasn't selfishness or frustration that led to his mini outburst toward Jones. Instead, he said it was passion.

“I am just passionate about the game,” Brown said. “I don't think that was frustration. It is passion. Every guy in this locker should want to feel like they are the reason we win. I am just the guy who wants to be the reason.”

Brown's production has fallen off since the injury to Ben Roethlisberger. Brown was targeted 34 times and caught 29 passes for 436 yards in nine quarters with Roethlisberger. He had only 23 targets with 11 receptions and 111 yards over the past 13 without him.

Coach Mike Tomlin recently had a conversation with Brown letting him know that winning is more important that personal achievement.

“We all understand what's important,” Brown said. “As a competitor and my emotions getting involved, I just want to help the team win. It is bigger than my emotions. The team is bigger than that. It is all about winning and that's what is important.”

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9289636-74/brown-heyward-game#ixzz3p4teasNo

Psycho Ward 86
10-20-2015, 12:21 AM
We totally get you Antonio. You've done more than enough for us on and off the field to prove you're a team player. I hate hearing level headed players needing to defend themselves from this crap. When players like Brady are caught on camera yelling at players the media cant stop slobbering all over him and gushing about his great leadership

In other news: Defensive end Stephon Tuitt injured his left knee late in Sunday's game and was wearing a brace in the locker room. However, Tuitt said the injury isn't significant. “It is not a big-time thing at all,” Tuitt said. “We are just being cautious.” Tuitt said he's expecting to play Sunday against the Chiefs

That is GREAT to hear.

Steeldude
10-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Brown needs to learn he does not have to be the reason the team wins. It's a team game, not an individual game.

86WARD
10-20-2015, 04:46 AM
I get he's frustrated...I think we all are...lol.

TD's & Beer
10-20-2015, 12:30 PM
He may be a Diva - be he's OUR Diva!

Go getum AB!

EzraTank
10-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Passion my ass. It was a childish outburst. The dude (Jones) was trying. Hell AB should have been running back to the huddle every play just thankful Jones could even get the ball near him compared to Vick's horrible throws.

Craic
10-20-2015, 01:31 PM
I have no problem with it because he seems to keep it in check for the most part. It part and parcel to his drive to become one of the best. If it were out of control, I'd be saying something different. But it's not. It just leaks out once in a while. What I do like, however, is how his head is still in the game.

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 01:44 PM
--- Antonio Brown’s streak of catching fewer than five passes for fewer than 50 yards reached three games. He caught three for 24 Sunday, 23 of them on one reception.

--- They may say it is Antonio being Antonio, but someone should speak to Brown about his demonstrative and negative emotions toward his quarterback when things do not go his way. It almost looked as though he was trying to show up Jones when that one pass on a crossing pattern was low and hit Brown in the foot.

--- With that, here is what Mike Tomlin had to say about Brown when asked after the game:

“He realizes he’s seen everything he’s going to see in professional football, from an individual accolades standpoint. He’s got to get a ring. That’s what he and I have been talking about through some of this. It’s uncomfortable for him, no doubt. He’s got a great rapport with Ben Roethlisberger, Ben’s not playing. What do we have to do to win the game? When you’re hunting what he’s hunting, his career will be defined by how many Lombardis he’s contributed to our stash.”

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/10/19/What-Other-Wasted-Draft-Pick-Can-Step-Up

teegre
10-20-2015, 02:02 PM
his career will be defined by how many Lombardis he’s contributed to our stash.”

That's all that needs to be said.

Psycho Ward 86
10-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Passion my ass. It was a childish outburst. The dude (Jones) was trying. Hell AB should have been running back to the huddle every play just thankful Jones could even get the ball near him compared to Vick's horrible throws.

Oh was it. What did Antonio Brown say during the game?

fansince'76
10-20-2015, 02:59 PM
If anyone has earned the right to an occasional outburst out of frustration, it's AB. I take back what I said last week.

ALLD
10-20-2015, 04:14 PM
You never heard any of that out of Lynn Swann. He did not put up massive career numbers, but he made some of most beautiful catches in NFL history, is a member of the Hof and has 4 SB rings to back it up.

tube517
10-20-2015, 04:24 PM
You never heard any of that out of Lynn Swann. He did not put up massive career numbers, but he made some of most beautiful catches in NFL history, is a member of the Hof and has 4 SB rings to back it up.

That is true. Swann and Stallworth never had an "outburst" like that.

They just (individually when the other wasn't looking) went to Bradshaw's locker and told him to throw them the ball.

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 06:16 PM
I love AB but hes acting like a spoiled child....guess thats what you get when you are used to having one of the best qbs throw to you the last few years

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Steelers WR Antonio Brown On Selfishness Accusations: ‘There’s Always Going To Be Criticism’

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/steelers-wr-antonio-brown-on-selfishness-accusations-theres-always-going-to-be-criticism/

86WARD
10-20-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't see this as a big deal at all...

TD's & Beer
10-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Steelers WR Antonio Brown On Selfishness Accusations: ‘There’s Always Going To Be Criticism’

all you whiny ass bitches will be the first in line to praise him when he scores 3 TDs in a game

yea verily

Nadroj 20
10-20-2015, 08:00 PM
You can be ok with it just like I got over the outburst but it was clearly frustration. If you feel he is entitled to that some and he usually keeps it in check that's fine but it wasn't passion. He was clearly frustrated.

Steeldude
10-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Being frustrated is human nature. But he shouldn't scold the QB on the field. Save it for the sideline or locker room.

fansince'76
10-20-2015, 10:15 PM
Being frustrated is human nature. But he shouldn't scold the QB on the field. Save it for the sideline or locker room.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him put a boot up Vick's ass on a couple of occasions over the last 3 weeks. Jumping on Jones the way he did was a case of misplaced frustration.

zoneblitzerII
10-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Why is it that all receivers are divas? Well maybe not all but still...
This should be a reminder to AB that he is nothing without BR and that he owes him half of his contract.