PDA

View Full Version : Vick has “tiny tear” in hamstring, expects to be out this week

Merchant
10-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Ben Roethlisberger thinks he may be able to return to the lineup for the Steelers this week, but the same may not be true of the man who has started the last three weeks while Roethlisberger recovers from his knee injury.

Mike Vick left Sunday’s victory over the Cardinals with a hamstring injury and had tests done after the game to assess the extent of the injury. He showed pictures from those tests to Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media, who reports that there’s a “tiny tear” visible.

Vick said that he will test the hamstring in a couple of days, but that his best guess is that he will be unable to play for at least a week as a result of the injury.

If Roethlisberger isn’t able to return to face the Chiefs, there’s a chance the Steelers would look in a different direction if Vick is given a clean bill of health. Landry Jones was 8-of-12 for 168 yards and two touchdowns to Martavis Bryant after replacing Vick in the lineup, giving the team the best production they’ve had through the air since Roethlisberger’s injury. Even crediting Bryant with much of the work on his 88-yard score, that would be hard for the Steelers to ignore if they’re making a call on a backup again this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/19/vick-has-tiny-tear-in-hamstring-expects-to-be-out-this-week/

Count Steeler
10-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Does this mean Jamarcus Russel gets signed this week? Christian Ponder? Tyler Murphy is activated? Have to have a back up QB.

tube517
10-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Does this mean Jamarcus Russel gets signed this week? Christian Ponder? Tyler Murphy is activated? Have to have a back up QB.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2011/08/Steelers-quarterback-Charlie-Batch-at-training-camp_15.jpg :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 02:07 PM

I think Ben will play this week and Tyler Murphy may very well get a hat also...

ALLD
10-19-2015, 02:17 PM
The only thing worse than being a Steelers back up QB is to be a Browns starting QB.

Steelman
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
I guess tiny hamstring tear sounded a lot better than dirt in the eye.

Mojouw
10-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Wonder what tee Martin is doing these days?

Seriously, they will need to sign somebody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
10-19-2015, 03:44 PM

He is the current wide receivers coach for the University of Southern California Trojans

TD's & Beer
10-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Let Ben be the back-up emergency QB.

The Landry Jones Era has begun.

He made some nice throws and didn't look overwhelmed, so I say let him play until Ben is 100%

zulater
10-19-2015, 03:46 PM

It's Tebow time! :chuckle:

Seriously it all depends on Ben. Don't be shocked if Landry starts and Ben is the backup qb. If the situation is dire they could put AB behind center or just run wildcat every play until the game is over. But I really don't think they go off roster unless Ben is totally incapable of playing.

tube517
10-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Just in case, the Emergency QB is................

Earl "Heath" Miller.

zulater
10-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Is it inappropriate to thank God for another person's hamstring tear?:peep:

steelreserve
10-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Jones starting with Ben as the backup, that's what I expect.

Steeldude
10-19-2015, 04:12 PM
It would be better if Vick was out for the season.

If Jones is the only QB who can dress next week then the Steelers should sign Jason Campbell.

Rotorhead
10-19-2015, 04:44 PM
It would be better if Vick was out for the season.

If Jones is the only QB who can dress next week then the Steelers should sign Jason Campbell.

Agreed, but that won't happen. Hammy's suck though, so if Vick gets the start, I fully expect him to be out before halftime. Not enough time to get it fully healed and too easy to re-injure. I would honestly think Landry gets the start and Vick will be the emergency backup . . . Unless Ben can play.

GoSlash27
10-19-2015, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see a "little tear" in his contract.

I'm not impartial about this. I want Vick off the team. I never wanted his convicted felon ass on the team.

The way all of this is unfolding is like a cinderella story to me :rockon:

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Im proud he has a tear because him being injured is the only way dumbass Tomlin keeps him from starting...if vick was healthy no doubt tomlin would start him. This after the worst qb play in the history of the nfl sunday for the first half. Tomlin has issues and it needs to be brought forward because his press conference pretty much imho downplayed jones and made excuses for vick.

- - - Updated - - -

Dare I say is it because Vick is black??? Something is up with this and I would like to think its not a racial thing but I cant figure out his love for vick even with his horrendous QB play.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it inappropriate to thank God for another person's hamstring tear?:peep:

Im with ya brother!!

Godfather
10-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Art II, u got problems? Make the call. Make the call.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/JaMarcus-Russell-Mink-Coat.jpg

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 06:16 PM
finally got in here...thought I had been blocked

GoSlash27
10-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Dare I say is it because Vick is black??? Something is up with this and I would like to think its not a racial thing but I cant figure out his love for vick even with his horrendous QB play.

Naw. Tomlin and Vick have a history. Tomlin sees something there. Personally, all I see is bad judgment, a criminal record, and an erratic arm so IMO he's just doubling- down on a bad call.
In Tomlin's defense, he didn't have a lot of options at the time and the majority of folks on this forum agreed with the decision. None of that has anything to do with the color of his skin.

zulater
10-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Naw. Tomlin and Vick have a history. Tomlin sees something there. Personally, all I see is bad judgment, a criminal record, and an erratic arm so IMO he's just doubling- down on a bad call.
In Tomlin's defense, he didn't have a lot of options at the time and the majority of folks on this forum agreed with the decision. None of that has anything to do with the color of his skin.

Agreed. That Vick went to the same H.S. as Tomlin may have played a part in it. But I really don't think color came into play here. Mostly I think Vick is a guy Tomlin took a personal liking to and he wants to be the maverick that proves he was right and everyone else was wrong.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Tyler Murphy?

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Your right...i dont think its racial i actually think now that tomlin is saving face and not wanting to admit he was wrong cause i honestly think tomlin didnt think he was this bad and is hoping he would break out and vick be better than he really is

teegre
10-19-2015, 08:32 PM
Im proud he has a tear because him being injured is the only way dumbass Tomlin keeps him from starting...if vick was healthy no doubt tomlin would start him. This after the worst qb play in the history of the nfl sunday for the first half. Tomlin has issues and it needs to be brought forward because his press conference pretty much imho downplayed jones and made excuses for vick.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Im with ya brother!!

What??? :huh:

Last week, you stated that even when BB is healthy, that Tomlin will start Vick.

Plus, you've mentioned the man crush thing about seven times.

And now, the race card.

QUESTION:
If Tomlin has such a "man crush" on Vick, why wasn't Vick signed until AFTER Gradkowski got injured?

Actually, putting both of your first two assertions together: once Vick was signed, why wasn't BB traded?... considering that BB is white & such.

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Im proud he has a tear because him being injured is the only way dumbass Tomlin keeps him from starting...

Dare I say is it because Vick is black???

you can say it, but all it would say is that you're ignorant...

katmandu
10-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Just in case, the Emergency QB is................

Earl "Heath" Miller.Heath did play QB back in High School.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2XV_jvCEAAjnQe.jpg

86WARD
10-20-2015, 04:49 AM
He looks terrible...lol.

Count Steeler
10-20-2015, 05:08 AM

!

So is Boykin not black enough?

86WARD
10-20-2015, 06:05 AM
Lol...a couple shades too light.

tube517
10-20-2015, 08:00 AM
Heath did play QB back in High School.

2 time all State! :heh:

fansince'76
10-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Heath did play QB back in High School.

2 time all State! :heh:

HEEEEEAAAAATH! :chuckle:

EzraTank
10-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Jones starting with Ben as the backup, that's what I expect.

Yes but you need a 3rd QB especially with Ben being hobbled.

I would sign Jason Campbell and make him the backup to Jones with Ben being the 3rd QB. Oh, and I'd cut Vick.

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Hey hey hey calm down guys, i basically said i cant figure out why tomlin loves vick so much and trying to find out why and was throwing that out there no need to call me ignorant and such i know thats not why he likes him just grabbing at straws. So calm the fuck down, you know i dont really think that because no shit most of the team is black, so come on you tell me why he loves vick to want to play him when he obviously sucks and puts the team at the least chance of winning???

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
What??? :huh:

Last week, you stated that even when BB is healthy, that Tomlin will start Vick.

Plus, you've mentioned the man crush thing about seven times.

And now, the race card.

QUESTION:
If Tomlin has such a "man crush" on Vick, why wasn't Vick signed until AFTER Gradkowski got injured?

Actually, putting both of your first two assertions together: once Vick was signed, why wasn't BB traded?... considering that BB is white & such.
I said it wouldnt surprise me, if left completely up to tomlin yes i believe that would happen but the masses obviously (thank God) wont let him

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 03:17 PM
I said it wouldnt surprise me, if left completely up to tomlin yes i believe that would happen but the masses obviously (thank God) wont let him
Also, just like the man crush thing i threw that out there and that is obvious as hell and several have adopted that thinking in here as well

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Lol...just replied to myself

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Agreed. That Vick went to the same H.S. as Tomlin may have played a part in it. But I really don't think color came into play here. Mostly I think Vick is a guy Tomlin took a personal liking to and he wants to be the maverick that proves he was right and everyone else was wrong.
Makes tomlin look even more stupid, most of these teams let him go for a reason. What makes him think he can all of a sudden start reading defenses when he never could, he would just take off running

tube517
10-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Hey hey hey calm down guys, i basically said i cant figure out why tomlin loves vick so much and trying to find out why and was throwing that out there no need to call me ignorant and such i know thats not why he likes him just grabbing at straws. So calm the fuck down, you know i dont really think that because no shit most of the team is black, so come on you tell me why he loves vick to want to play him when he obviously sucks and puts the team at the least chance of winning???

They are both from the same region (neighboring cities, Newport News and Hampton). I live 25 minutes away and the local media has always been Vick this and that. Also, I think Tomlin's relationship w/Tony Dungy has an influence (just my guess).
Other than that, I don't know how far their friendship goes back. It was reported he tried to get Vick in 2009 but the Steelers said no way, too soon.

teegre
10-20-2015, 03:45 PM

You honestly believe that Tomlin would bench/rade BB, in order to start Vick.

You actually believe this...???

:hmm:

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 04:05 PM
So calm the fuck down

http://media-touchdown.cursecdn.com/attachments/8/708/635535880936820585.jpg

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 05:07 PM
http://media-touchdown.cursecdn.com/attachments/8/708/635535880936820585.jpg
I didnt threaten anybody so how does that make me an internet tough guy?? Lol

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 05:12 PM
You honestly believe that Tomlin would bench/rade BB, in order to start Vick.

You actually believe this...???

:hmm:
Yes i do but you need to read my post more carefully, i said if left completely up to tomlin yes!! Theres no way in hell he would do it because first the fans (us) would kill him and everybody on the team including coaching and the rooneys would fire him but yes in a technical way i do believe that cause thats how deep his love affair with him is. Its obvious as hell just listening to his post game about he never thought about sitting vick and putting in jones!! How blind does tomlin have to be?? Answer is pretty damn blind!!

teegre
10-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Yes i do but you need to read my post more carefully, i said if left completely up to tomlin yes!! Theres no way in hell he would do it because first the fans (us) would kill him and everybody on the team including coaching and the rooneys would fire him but yes in a technical way i do believe that cause thats how deep his love affair with him is. Its obvious as hell just listening to his post game about he never thought about sitting vick and putting in jones!! How blind does tomlin have to be?? Answer is pretty damn blind!!

Okay... thanks for confirming what I already assumed you would say.

zulater
10-20-2015, 05:34 PM
I didnt threaten anybody so how does that make me an internet tough guy?? Lol

For what it's worth, I don't have that sort of perception of you. But at the same token the assertion or even suggestion that Tomlin would bench or trade Ben to make way for Vick is beyond absurd. :doh:

Here's what it's about. The Steelers have spent the past two off-seasons trying to hand the back up job to Landry. But try as they might to give it to him, he just wouldn't grab the bull by the horns and take it. So Grabowski gets hurt. Having already given Landry every shot to prove he was up to the task of being the Steelers 2nd string qb and him failing to assert himself in any way (remember Landry set a preseason record for snaps behind center this summer) the Steelers are more or less forced to go off roster in mid pre-season to find Ben's back-up, praying of course that Ben has his 3rd straight injury free season. So who's out there at this point? Not much. But here's a guy in Vick who's available, who's flashed brilliant at times, so why not get him? Well of course we know there's a very strong argument against, but the problem was there was no better argument for anyone else who was available at the time.

Anyway turns out Vick's already suspect game has regressed. And he particularly is inept in our offense. I don't know how much Haley tried to accommodate Vick's skills? Actually I don't know if there's enough skills left to even accommodate? :noidea: But in the end it didn't work. It wont work, and it's time to move on. Now Tomlin's failure to acknowledge this publicly doesn't mean he doesn't realize it. But at the same token I can't guarantee that he does realize it's time to pull the plug either? If he's refusing to give up on Vick however it has nothing to do with trying to torpedo Ben. This much I'm sure of, Mike Tomlin knows Ben;s a great qb and any chance the Steelers have of going to and winning a Super Bowl in the next five years is dependent on a healthy and well supported Ben Roethlisberger.

Hope this helps clear things up for you. :drink:

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
For what it's worth, I don't have that sort of perception of you. But at the same token the assertion or even suggestion that Tomlin would bench or trade Ben to make way for Vick is beyond absurd. :doh:

Here's what it's about. The Steelers have spent the past two off-seasons trying to hand the back up job to Landry. But try as they might to give it to him, he just wouldn't grab the bull by the horns and take it. So Grabowski gets hurt. Having already given Landry every shot to prove he was up to the task of being the Steelers 2nd string qb and him failing to assert himself in any way (remember Landry set a preseason record for snaps behind center this summer) the Steelers are more or less forced to go off roster in mid pre-season to find Ben's back-up, praying of course that Ben has his 3rd straight injury free season. So who's out there at this point? Not much. But here's a guy in Vick who's available, who's flashed brilliant at times, so why not get him? Well of course we know there's a very strong argument against, but the problem was there was no better argument for anyone else who was available at the time.

Anyway turns out Vick's already suspect game has regressed. And he particularly is inept in our offense. I don't know how much Haley tried to accommodate Vick's skills? Actually I don't know if there's enough skills left to even accommodate? :noidea: But in the end it didn't work. It wont work, and it's time to move on. Now Tomlin's failure to acknowledge this publicly doesn't mean he doesn't realize it. But at the same token I can't guarantee that he does realize it's time to pull the plug either? If he's refusing to give up on Vick however it has nothing to do with trying to torpedo Ben. This much I'm sure of, Mike Tomlin knows Ben;s a great qb and any chance the Steelers have of going to and winning a Super Bowl in the next five years is dependent on a healthy and well supported Ben Roethlisberger.

Im not saying his trying to torpedo ben cause im basically it doesnt matter who is the qb i still think he would pick vick. I have a friend in pa thats got some insider info with the team basically has heard crap about tomlin and his weird obsession with vick and yes he did want him back in 09. He basically thinks the same thing as I but you can call it absurd if you want but i think mikey boy MAY have a few skeletons in his closet. I didnt say he does i said may. So ill drop the subject and we will talk about something else.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Im not saying his trying to torpedo ben cause im basically it doesnt matter who is the qb i still think he would pick vick. I have a friend in pa thats got some insider info with the team basically has heard crap about tomlin and his weird obsession with vick and yes he did want him back in 09. He basically thinks the same thing as I but you can call it absurd if you want but i think mikey boy MAY have a few skeletons in his closet. I didnt say he does i said may. So ill drop the subject and we will talk about something else.

This is just my opinion and its based on some pretty reliable info i will leave it at that. So in other news....

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 06:12 PM

I do respect your opinion though

zulater
10-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Last thing I have to say on this. The obvious flaw in your theory is if Grakowski never gets hurt Vick never sees the roster. He was out there all spring and early summer. If Tomlin had such a thing for Vick, to the point that he would blow Ben out of the water in Vick's favor if given the slightest chance, then logic would suggest he would have made a play to get him on the roster at the earliest possible moment.

Ben never gets hurt, Vick never plays a meaningful down. That's what Tomlin wanted, and more to the point I think it's becoming more and more obvious that's what Vick wanted too. Imo Vick has lost his heart for the NFL. I think he came here with the idea of safe harbor ( remember Ben played all 16 the last two seasons.) and to cash a check.

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 06:22 PM
I think tomlin dont have that sort of say so to be honest

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 06:23 PM
But anyway its beating a dead horse...heres to victory sunday!

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Okay... thanks for confirming what I already assumed you would say.

yeah, and for confirming what I already knew. I don't really have a response for someone who truly believes Tomlin would pick Vick over Ben...

Count Steeler
10-20-2015, 06:30 PM
I would love to be in the room when Art II is informed that Vick is starting over Ben.

Some stories are just stories.

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
I would love to be in the room when Art II is informed that Vick is starting over Ben.

I wonder if Art II is aware of Tomlin's weird obsession with Mike Vick or knows what those skeletons in Mike Tomlin's closet MAY be? :jerkit:

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 08:06 PM
yeah, and for confirming what I already knew. I don't really have a response for someone who truly believes Tomlin would pick Vick over Ben...
Oh well, everybody is entitled to their opinion and you know what im definitely not the only one who has said this. Bottom line Tomlin is an idiot and yes i think hes that stupid but he wouldnt have that authority so we will never see this scenario. Ben imho opinion is top 5 or maybe top 7 best qbs to ever play the game so dont confuse that scenario with something I would do.

teegre
10-21-2015, 12:43 AM

Exactly

- - - Updated - - -

TOMLIN: I'm trading Roethlisberger.

ARTII: What? Why???

TOMLIN: If you hadn't noticed... Ben is freakin' white.

ARTII: Holy shit... you're right. Done deal.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Art II is aware of Tomlin's weird obsession with Mike Vick or knows what those skeletons in Mike Tomlin's closet MAY be? :jerkit:

Therapy session:

TOMLIN: I have a life-sized Vick blowup doll that I snuggle with at night.

ARTII: I have a life-sized voodoo doll of Bruce Arians.

DRI ARCHER: I have pictures of the both of you with your dolls... and, that's why I'm still on this team.

SteelMayhem72
10-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Exactly

- - - Updated - - -

TOMLIN: I'm trading Roethlisberger.

ARTII: What? Why???

TOMLIN: If you hadn't noticed... Ben is freakin' white.

ARTII: Holy shit... you're right. Done deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Therapy session:

TOMLIN: I have a life-sized Vick blowup doll that I snuggle with at night.

ARTII: I have a life-sized voodoo doll of Bruce Arians.

DRI ARCHER: I have pictures of the both of you with your dolls... and, that's why I'm still on this team.
Lmao!!

zulater
10-24-2015, 05:16 AM
Bell and Foster agree that part of the problem was Arizona's commitment to stack the box, in part, because they didn't fear the passing game with Vick.
The Chiefs rank 20th in rush defense, allowing 101 yards per game. Arizona ranked 11th, but the Cardinals consistently outnumbered the Steelers at the line of scrimmage by bringing their linebackers and safeties up.
That strategy backfired when Landry Jones took over for an injured Vick during the third quarter. Jones stayed with his progression instead of vacating the pocket. As a result, he threw touchdown passes of 8 and 88 yards to wide receiver Martavis Bryant.

This paragraph here tells you why Vick should never take another meaningful snap as a Steeler. This was something that became painfully obvious to many of us as far back as the Rams game. Vick just doesn't get it and never will no matter how long he has to learn the offense.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9313035-74/yards-bell-steelers#ixzz3pTjrzFMq
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

hawaiiansteeler
10-24-2015, 12:37 PM
This paragraph here tells you why Vick should never take another meaningful snap as a Steeler.

now that Vick is our 3rd string QB he most likely never will again...

Godfather
10-24-2015, 12:55 PM

They should have waited for other teams to make their cuts.

Let's assume, for the sake of simplicity, that each team brings 4 quarterbacks to camp and goes into the regular season with 3. That means anyone on the street is, at best, the 129th best quarterback. #97 through #128 are all better than Dogkiller and will be available in a few days. Why not wait for one of them? Then you get a better QB and avoid the PR nightmare.

hawaiiansteeler
10-24-2015, 01:37 PM
They should have waited for other teams to make their cuts.

Let's assume, for the sake of simplicity, that each team brings 4 quarterbacks to camp and goes into the regular season with 3. That means anyone on the street is, at best, the 129th best quarterback. #97 through #128 are all better than Dogkiller and will be available in a few days. Why not wait for one of them? Then you get a better QB and avoid the PR nightmare.

haven't you been paying attention?

Tomlin has a weird obsession with Mike Vick and there are skeletons in Mike Tomlin's closet.

it's true, this info comes from a very credible source...:jerkit:

86WARD
10-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Vick has been ruled out this week.

SteelMayhem72
10-24-2015, 10:19 PM
haven't you been paying attention?

Tomlin has a weird obsession with Mike Vick and there are skeletons in Mike Tomlin's closet.

it's true, this info comes from a very credible source...:jerkit:
You obviously are paying attention but you fail miserably for your lame ass comebacks...lol...btw its halloween and a lot of skeletons are coming out of the closet making room for you to go back in your closet[emoji12]

hawaiiansteeler
10-24-2015, 11:00 PM
its halloween and a lot of skeletons are coming out of the closet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwVohsBhSLk

SteelMayhem72
10-25-2015, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwVohsBhSLk
Lol