PDA

View Full Version : Ben thinks he could play this week

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Ben Roethlisberger thinks he could play this week

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2015

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpt q4mji5mzgyogjjyzvjmzk1yzu5mjflntg4zddjzgu4.jpeg?w= 250

After missing the last three games with a knee injury, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger thinks he could be a full participant in practice this week and play Sunday against the Chiefs.

“We’re going to tape it and brace it and I’m going to see what I can do,” Roethlisberger said after Sunday’s game. “My plan is to go out Wednesday and practice. We’ll see what happens. I know I’ve got to be smart about it. I’ve got to be able to defend myself. We’re just going to take it day by day.”

The initial diagnosis was that Roethlisberger would miss four to six weeks with an MCL sprain and bone bruise. Sunday’s game against the Chiefs is four weeks to the day after his Week Three injury against the Rams.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/19/ben-roethlisberger-thinks-he-could-play-this-week/

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 01:37 PM
He probably said that 3 weeks ago too. :chuckle:

tube517
10-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Ben thinks he can play in the NBA.

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger says he won't know if he can play next Sunday until he sees what happens when he tries to practice this week.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

zulater
10-19-2015, 04:33 PM
I think the bye decides it. The fact we have the bye after the Chiefs game could weigh heavily into the decision. Take this week off and then you get a full two weeks to get that much closer to 100%. Of curse I would argue that Ben needs to get a game under his belt before the Bengals game. What better than go out there beat the chiefs, take the next week off to recover then attack the last 9 games of the season.

I think it's 40-60% against that he plays this week.

Rotorhead
10-19-2015, 04:55 PM
The bye week is after the browns game, it is the weekend of the 22nd. I promise if the bye was after the chiefs Ben would not be playing.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 05:18 PM
I think the bye decides it. The fact we have the bye after the Chiefs game could weigh heavily into the decision. Take this week off and then you get a full two weeks to get that much closer to 100%. Of curse I would argue that Ben needs to get a game under his belt before the Bengals game. What better than go out there beat the chiefs, take the next week off to recover then attack the last 9 games of the season.

I think it's 40-60% against that he plays this week.
I thought the bye was the 12th week???

TeeTee
10-19-2015, 05:20 PM
It's all BS games, like the Steelers always go, and it's pretty much ineffective across the board. They really think they trick teams in to preparing for 3 different QBs. They don't, of course. It's just a waste of time.

zulater
10-19-2015, 05:26 PM
I thought the bye was the 12th week???

Yeah I effed that one up! :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

It's all BS games, like the Steelers always go, and it's pretty much ineffective across the board. They really think they trick teams in to preparing for 3 different QBs. They don't, of course. It's just a waste of time.

I agree. IMO they should release Vick tonight and find the next best guy out there. And if it's Tebow I really don't give a crap. The fact is you could find a wino on the corner and he wouldn't do much worse than Vick did yesterday.

TeeTee
10-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Yeah I effed that one up! :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. IMO they should release Vick tonight and find the next best guy out there. And if it's Tebow I really don't give a crap. The fact is you could find a wino on the corner and he wouldn't do much worse than Vick did yesterday.

Yea, I'd say when you have a total of -6 of total passing yards, as a QB, through the 3rd Q, a wino probably could do better. And I also wouldn't mind of they picked up Tebow and dumped Vick, but Tomlin is in love with Vick so forget about it.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't care what Ben thinks. He needs to get 100% healthy according to doctors. Until then, it's the Landry Jones show...yikes...

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers could very well use Tyler Murphy as backup to Landry Jones if Vick and Ben are out. Would be smart, actually.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

katmandu
10-19-2015, 11:32 PM
I don't care what Ben thinks. He needs to get 100% healthy according to doctors. Until then, it's the Landry Jones show...yikes...Now that Vick will most likely be out (Hammy) whose in at #2 ??

86WARD
10-20-2015, 04:53 AM
I suggested it in the other thread...Murphy?

Rotorhead
10-20-2015, 10:18 AM
I would imagine it would be Murphy as an emergency backup, he is at least familiar with the play book. I am still holding out for Ben to play. I just realized this is the Bengals bye week so we will need a unrusty Ben after KC.

Teetee, they are not going to pick up Tebow, ever.

TD's & Beer
10-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Ben Roethlisberger said he will not know his availability for Week 7 until he tests out his knee on Wednesday.

Roethlisberger: ‘I Would Assume That Landry And I Will Split The First Reps’ In Practice This Week

"It’s going to have to be a feel thing, a comfort level," Roethlisberger said. "It’s too hard to put a percentage on where I am right now because as I sit here right now talking to you guys in a chair, I feel great, I feel 100%. But I don’t know anything until I go out and try to do football-related movements on Wednesday." Roethlisberger expects to split first-team reps with Landry Jones at practice Wednesday. If he feels good, Roethlisberger could take more reps as the practice goes on, but he does not want to steal snaps from Jones if he is not going to play. It sounds like we could have a good idea of Roethlisberger's status by Wednesday.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/...ice-this-week/ (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/10/20/roethlisberger-i-would-assume-that-landry-and-i-will-split-the-first-reps-in-practice-this-week/)

TD's & Beer
10-20-2015, 12:23 PM
All eyes will be on the practice field on Wed.

I can't wait!

Go getum Ben! Don't listen to the peanut gallery

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2015, 03:50 PM
my prediction:

Ben will start against KC...

Rotorhead
10-22-2015, 04:45 PM
Any word on today's practice?

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2015, 04:50 PM

not yet, only this from yesterday's practice:

Ben Roethlisberger practiced with the Steelers and threw well

from JIM WEXELL

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger taped his knee, put on a brace and split reps with Landry Jones during Wednesday's practice.

He may not have been Fran Tarkenton out there, but teammates said he looked good enough to at least make a difficult decision for Mike Tomlin about whether Roethlisberger can return Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers in Kansas City.

"I think he looked good," said Le'Veon Bell. "I mean, he looked good last week to me. He looks even better this week."

"I thought he looked good," said Ramon Foster. "I didn't see much hiccup in his step, but my eyes are a lot different than Coach Tomlin's. I have a hopeful eye. Coach T has a realistic eye."

After practice, Roethlisberger told reporters "I thought I threw the ball really well."

Tomlin, of course, wasn't available for comment, and nobody wanted to make a prediction on what the coach will decide. But Foster provided some paramaters.

"I guess he's going to be waiting to see what happens Friday. That's usually the day," Foster said. "If you leave it up to Seven, he's gonna go. That's my opinion. Coach T will have to make that decision. though."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1601998-notebook-roethlisberger-raising-hopes

TeeTee
10-22-2015, 04:52 PM

More smoke screens. He barely moved out there.

That is hardly what a real NFL game will be like. More BS.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/10/steelers_roethlisberger_practices_drops.html

zulater
10-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Reading some relevant tweets and this is what I get. Landry will start. Remains to be seen if Ben is 2 or emergency qb. But should be in uniform one way or the other.

tube517
10-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Tomlin, of course, wasn't available for comment, and nobody wanted to make a prediction on what the coach will decide.

Obvious "mind games".

Dah gray-tist Belly-cheet wuddont doo dat!!! :jerkit: :chuckle: