PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin. Are you really this effing stupid?

zulater
10-19-2015, 06:03 AM
Landry Jones provided a spark the Steelers needed as he threw touchdown passes on his second and last pass of the game. In between, he led the offense to a pair of Chris Boswell field goals as the Steelers scored 22 of the game's final 25 points in a 25-13 win in front 63,846 fans at Heinz Field.

Jones completed 8 of 12 passes for 168 yards and a pair of touchdown passes to Martavis Bryant (8 and 88 yards) in the 26 snaps he played. It took Vick until 37 seconds remained in the first half to throw for positive yards. He finished the game 3 of 8 for 6 yards and led the team to 90 total yards in the seven series he was on the field.

Still, just like last week when Vick struggled through the first three quarters in San Diego, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he had no intention of removing Vick because of his ineffective play.

“I just thought the offense heated up in the latter part of the game, not taking anything away from Landry,” Tomlin said. “A week ago, we heated up late in the game. We heated up late in the game this week.”

:frusty:

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9285039-74/yards-steelers-cardinals#ixzz3p0gS071S
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

I don't know how you read this, but what I get from this is he's leaving the door open to starting Vick if his hamstring is ok. :doh: Hey Mike go ask your OC what he thinks of your stupid plan. :frusty: Go ask LeVeon if he likes running into a 9 man box all game long. Go ask AB what he thinks.

Anyone know where Jeff Gillooly is these days? :heh:

zulater
10-19-2015, 06:08 AM
“You know what? I wasn't surprised, and I don't think anybody should be surprised,” guard David DeCastro said of Jones. “He knows the offense extremely well. You can tell when he got into that huddle that he was just waiting for that opportunity. We needed him. He stepped up big.”

The Steelers tossed away their Vick-friendly conservative playbook and allowed Jones to throw. Four plays after entering the game, Jones hit Bryant in the back of the end zone on a third down from 8 yards out to put the Steelers ahead 12-10.

“We kind of went back to our old offense, our regular offense,” running back Le'Veon Bell said. “Landry knows just about as much as Ben knows. He has been watching Ben for three years, and it kind of rubbed off on him.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9285039-74/yards-steelers-cardinals#ixzz3p0k1n4b2

Dissolv
10-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Hopefully it is just coach-speak. After all, if Jones goes down next week, they will have to put Vick back in......

Dissolv

zulater
10-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Hopefully it is just coach-speak. After all, if Jones goes down next week, they will have to put Vick back in......

Dissolv

Hope you're right.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 06:29 AM
If he were to come out and start Vick...final nail in the coffin for me...

zulater
10-19-2015, 07:17 AM
1. The Mike Vick experiment might be over in Pittsburgh. The Steelers were outgained 279 yards to 59 in the first half, with the Steelers backup quarterback operating as a three-and-out machine for an offense that generated just one passing yard over the first two quarters. Vick was examined for a head injury in the first half and sidelined with a hamstring injury in the second, thrusting Landry Jones into action. The third-stringer threw a quick, 8-yard touchdown strike to Martavis Bryant before guiding Pittsburgh to five straight scores. After watching Jones (8-of-12 passing for 168 yards and two touchdowns) use more of the playbook and wake up this sleepy attack, it's fair to wonder if he'll get the start over Vick next week.

With Vick flailing, Cardinals defensive coordinator James Bettcher stacked the box to shut down Le'Veon Bell. The Steelers back looked mortal against seven-man boxes, but that changed with Jones in the game. With the newbie passer testing the Cardinals downfield and making better use of Antonio Brown, Bell came to life for 88 yards, most all off it coming in the second half.

-- Marc Sessler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000560223/article/thirtysix-things-we-learned-from-week-6

katmandu
10-19-2015, 07:33 AM
“We kind of went back to our old offense, our regular offense,” running back Le'Veon Bell said. “Landry knows just about as much as Ben knows. He has been watching Ben for three years, and it kind of rubbed off on him.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9285039-74/yards-steelers-cardinals#ixzz3p0k1n4b2
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on FacebookLaundry will never be Ben, but you can see a lot of Ben's influence in Laundry's play. His timing and cadence look real Ben-like. I think that's why the rest of the offense responded so positive to Laundry coming in.

Vick looks like he's lost out there and the rest of the offense looks constipated under his leadership.

Godfather
10-19-2015, 07:40 AM
just one passing yard over the first two quarters.

Wow. How bad is that historically?

86WARD
10-19-2015, 07:42 AM
And for most of that time, he was minus yardage...

Steelman
10-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Basically the entire time is behind Landry right now. It would be so dumb to start Vick after that performance. I mean seriously, negative passing yards for the majority of the game?!?! How is that even possible? I'm not sure if I ever recall seeing that in an NFL game.

But Tomlin's mancrush may win out.

Mojouw
10-19-2015, 08:29 AM
I will go with it is just coach speak for right now. I've defended Tomlin and company a ton around here, but if he starts Vick next week...I'm done.

Merchant
10-19-2015, 08:50 AM
None of this really matters. Ben is playing against KC. I feel it :thumbsup:

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 09:05 AM
I will go with it is just coach speak for right now. I've defended Tomlin and company a ton around here, but if he starts Vick next week...I'm done.

Pretty much where I'm at as well.

teegre
10-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Tomlin announces his starter today:
KC's defensive coordinator has to gameplan for one QB.

Tomlin remains vague:
KC's defensive coordinator has to gameplan for three very different QBs.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Landry Jones provided a spark the Steelers needed as he threw touchdown passes on his second and last pass of the game. In between, he led the offense to a pair of Chris Boswell field goals as the Steelers scored 22 of the game's final 25 points in a 25-13 win in front 63,846 fans at Heinz Field.

Jones completed 8 of 12 passes for 168 yards and a pair of touchdown passes to Martavis Bryant (8 and 88 yards) in the 26 snaps he played. It took Vick until 37 seconds remained in the first half to throw for positive yards. He finished the game 3 of 8 for 6 yards and led the team to 90 total yards in the seven series he was on the field.

Still, just like last week when Vick struggled through the first three quarters in San Diego, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he had no intention of removing Vick because of his ineffective play.

“I just thought the offense heated up in the latter part of the game, not taking anything away from Landry,” Tomlin said. “A week ago, we heated up late in the game. We heated up late in the game this week.”

:frusty:

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9285039-74/yards-steelers-cardinals#ixzz3p0gS071S

I don't know how you read this, but what I get from this is he's leaving the door open to starting Vick if his hamstring is ok. :doh: Hey Mike go ask your OC what he thinks of your stupid plan. :frusty: Go ask LeVeon if he likes running into a 9 man box all game long. Go ask AB what he thinks.

Anyone know where Jeff Gillooly is these days? :heh:
Ive said it from the beginning that tomlin will start Vick no matter what cause of his obvious man crush...if tomlin does this im am done with him because he obviously has no clue what hes doing and is not putting the best interest of his team first. I hope he gets fired for it which will never happen

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Basically the entire time is behind Landry right now. It would be so dumb to start Vick after that performance. I mean seriously, negative passing yards for the majority of the game?!?! How is that even possible? I'm not sure if I ever recall seeing that in an NFL game.

But Tomlin's mancrush may win out.
Amen brother! If nobody sees the obvious man crush and favortism then they are blind and dumb.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 09:15 AM
None of this really matters. Ben is playing against KC. I feel it [emoji106]
I dont think he will

zulater
10-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Tomlin announces his starter today:
KC's defensive coordinator has to gameplan for one QB.

Tomlin remains vague:
KC's defensive coordinator has to gameplan for three very different QBs.

Yeah game-planning for Vick is very difficult, you have to have all the right color crayons to effectively cram that many guys in the box at once. Otherwise it's just one blur and guys could get confused if they're lining up in the right place. :lol:

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Yeah game-planning for Vick is very difficult, you have to have all the right color crayons to effectively cram that many guys in the box at once. Otherwise it's just one blur and guys could get confused if they're lining up in the right place. :lol:

http://bethanylifeministries.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/rainbow-and-crayons.jpg

:chuckle:

teegre
10-19-2015, 09:38 AM

LOL

Coach, why don't we have any CBs on the roster this week?

Joking aside, having to gameplan for a running QB versus a QB who actually can throw (versus BB) will make a slight difference in practices. Not much, but some.

Psycho Ward 86
10-19-2015, 09:56 AM
thats even dumber than him labeling Shazier's injury a booboo

zulater
10-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Amen brother! If nobody sees the obvious man crush and favortism then they are blind and dumb.

I may be reading this wrong, but I don't think he will. I think initially he may have been thinking of it but once he sees some of the comments from the offensive players his hand will be forced. If he can't see by the comments from LeVeon,, Brown and DeCastro that this offense feels hamstrung with Vick in there then he truly is clueless. And you've got to think Haley would do everything in his power to stop that from happening.

- - - Updated - - -

thats even dumber than him labeling Shazier's injury a booboo

Yeah really. Why can't he just say the obvious? Landry gave this team a much needed shot in the arm when he went in. Mike Vick was ineffective, his play is below the line.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Is Vick really a "running QB"? Even that's questionable at this point. Unless by "running QB" you mean the team doesn't pass and they just run the ball...

teegre
10-19-2015, 10:14 AM
So many of you get upset when Tomlin isn't "truthful" with the media.

Why is that?

Belichick (whom many of you adore) flat-out lies to the media. I've heard Belichick praise a player, and cut him the very next day.

SUMMATION:
Coaches would not say anything to the media, if they the NFL didn't make them. Likewise, there would be no injury report, if it weren't for Las Vegas.

Steeldude
10-19-2015, 10:15 AM

Dissolv

I doubt it. Tomlin is that dumb. I fully expect Vick to be starting next week if healthy.

Merchant
10-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on here who actually likes Tomlin.

teegre
10-19-2015, 10:30 AM

You're not alone.

Steeldude
10-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Do you like his personnel decisions and judge of talent?

If he starts Vick next week what will you think?

polamalubeast
10-19-2015, 10:37 AM
I'll consider Cowher better than Tomlin to evaluate the QB if this is Vick who start the game next week in KC.

steel striker
10-19-2015, 10:39 AM
If Ben can't go Jones better get the start or Tomlin needs to go!

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 10:51 AM

We honestly could do a whole lot worse. (See: Chip Kelly)

Merchant
10-19-2015, 10:52 AM

If he starts Vick next week what will you think?

I think that the situation, initially, was more complicated than the majority thinks. Ben goes down. You're the coach.. do you start a 3rd year guy who has never thrown a real NFL pass before and looked shaky in pre-season? Or throw in a veteran that has had a decent career?

And then Vick kept things very close against Baltimore, and won in San Diego. So as a coach you have to start him against Arizona.

I agree, Landry Jones should start against KC if Ben can't go. Tomlin knows that too - he just doesn't want to tell the media that to keep KC guessing. If you name Landry Jones as your starter in the post-game conference, KC knows exactly who they have to prepare for. Now they don't know whether to expect Ben, Landry, or Vick.

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 10:54 AM

Why is that?

Belichick (whom many of you adore) flat-out lies to the media.

Exactly. Not only does he spew bullshit to the media constantly, he's been outright faking injury reports for YEARS, not to mention all the other underhanded shit he pulls.

But since he's a SOOPER GEE-NEE-USS who also has the media's collective lips surgically attached to his nutsack 24x7x365, he gets a pass, I guess...

tube517
10-19-2015, 11:05 AM
I'll consider Cowher better than Tomlin to evaluate the QB if this is Vick who start the game next week in KC.

I'll agree Landry needs to start. Easily.

But, Cowher is no judge of QBs.

Example 1: Kordell Stewart for way too long.
Example 2: Let's not draft Ben and draft an OT and Keep Tommy Turnover. How would that have turned out.

Texasteel
10-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Why is that?

Belichick (whom many of you adore) flat-out lies to the media. I've heard Belichick praise a player, and cut him the very next day.

SUMMATION:
Coaches would not say anything to the media, if they the NFL didn't make them. Likewise, there would be no injury report, if it weren't for Las Vegas.

:jawdrop2: WHAAAAAAAAAT. If Belichick was on fire I think most of us would group together to piss on him in an attempt to drown him.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
I doubt it. Tomlin is that dumb. I fully expect Vick to be starting next week if healthy.
I think he will too, he is that dumb

SteelMember
10-19-2015, 12:50 PM
I thought this was going to be about the 2pt conversion... head scratcher. He musta thought 'we was hot'.

'Cause I thought Harrison already said Jones 'was our QB'. lol

Skinart82
10-19-2015, 12:52 PM
If Tomlin actually starts Vick next week then I really think the Ronney's should look at firing Tomlin and making Hailey the interim head coach

HollywoodSteel
10-19-2015, 01:02 PM
:jawdrop2: WHAAAAAAAAAT. If Belichick was on fire I think most of us would group together to piss on him in an attempt to drown him.

I think you're mistaking hatred because he's the enemy and hatred because people think he's a bad coach. No one who knows anything about football thinks Belichick is anything less than the greatest coach in the NFL since the turn of the century. He's just very easy to hate if he's not your team's coach. But every owner in the league would fire their head coach tomorrow to sign Belichick to a long term deal. And they'd be smart to do so.

It's kind of like Tom Brady. Sure I hate him. Do I think he is in the top four QBs to ever put on a uniform? Yes, I do.

TeeTee
10-19-2015, 01:06 PM

And don't you think there is a reason for that?

HollywoodSteel
10-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Let's keep things a little in perspective. I think Jones should absolutely start too, but until we saw him complete a few passes in this game we all thought he should have been cut. I'm not ready to anoint him as Steve Young coming in for Joe Montana just yet. If he plays next week and looks like the guy we've seen in preseason (over, and over, and over) we'll be asking "doesn't Tomlin see how bad he is in practice? Why is he listening to fans when he knows Jones will turn the ball over at least three times?"

I think maybe we all love the idea of Jones a lot more than the likely reality if he plays a full game. But from what I've seen, I agree that he should start. I just don't think Tomlin should be fired if he starts Vick. If Vick doesn't get anything done in the first half or whatever, he could put Landry in whenever he wants. I would just prefer that Landry get the first team reps this week as the assumed starter. But I might be living on a prayer just like everyone else.

Plus, a hamstring usually lingers at least a week. If Vick can't practice at 100% on Tuesday, then I'm pretty sure Landry will be prepped to start anyway.

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I think you're mistaking hatred because he's the enemy and hatred because people think he's a bad coach. No one who knows anything about football thinks Belichick is anything less than the greatest coach in the NFL since the turn of the century.

I know a few things about football and I wouldn't put him above Lombardi, Walsh and Noll, just to name a few. After all, how many of his disciples have had any success elsewhere? Zero. Not only that, their tenures were pretty much train wrecks wherever they went. Not to mention McDaniels getting busted for illegal videotaping when he was HC of the Broncos. :lol:

He loses points for getting outcoached by Coughlin in the Super Bowl twice too.

Let's see how smart he is when Brady moves on.

Edit: Never mind the Lombardi/Noll/Walsh comment - just saw the "turn of the century" caveat. Reading (comprehension) is fundamental. :lol:

Merchant
10-19-2015, 01:27 PM
And don't you think there is a reason for that?

Read my previous posts.

I think that as fans it's easy to lose awareness that the guy making the decisions has dedicated his life to it and wakes up at 3:00 in the morning to prepare. Coaching in the NFL is ridiculously hard and it feels to me like Tomlin gets way more hate when something goes wrong relative to praise when something goes right.

This entire forum was calling for Landry Jones to be cut prior to yesterday's game. The kid comes in, plays well, and all of a sudden Tomlin is viewed as stupid for not starting him earlier over Vick.

*shrugs*

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Read my previous posts.

I think that as fans it's easy to lose awareness that the guy making the decisions has dedicated his life to it and wakes up at 3:00 in the morning to prepare. Coaching in the NFL is ridiculously hard and it feels to me like Tomlin gets way more hate when something goes wrong relative to praise when something goes right.

This entire forum was calling for Landry Jones to be cut prior to yesterday's game. The kid comes in, plays well, and all of a sudden Tomlin is viewed as stupid for not starting him earlier over Vick.

*shrugs*

Agreed. We could do MUCH worse than Tomlin.

Count Steeler
10-19-2015, 01:58 PM
I would announce Vick as the starter today. I would practice Jones or Ben most of the week. If Ben is ready, he goes. If not, Vick gets 3 plays. 2 hand offs to Bell and a QB draw where he has to come up limping and exit the game. Jones carries on from there.

teegre
10-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Let's keep things a little in perspective. I think Jones should absolutely start too, but until we saw him complete a few passes in this game we all thought he should have been cut. I'm not ready to anoint him as Steve Young coming in for Joe Montana just yet. If he plays next week and looks like the guy we've seen in preseason (over, and over, and over) we'll be asking "doesn't Tomlin see how bad he is in practice? Why is he listening to fans when he knows Jones will turn the ball over at least three times?"

I think maybe we all love the idea of Jones a lot more than the likely reality if he plays a full game. But from what I've seen, I agree that he should start. I just don't think Tomlin should be fired if he starts Vick. If Vick doesn't get anything done in the first half or whatever, he could put Landry in whenever he wants. I would just prefer that Landry get the first team reps this week as the assumed starter. But I might be living on a prayer just like everyone else.

Plus, a hamstring usually lingers at least a week. If Vick can't practice at 100% on Tuesday, then I'm pretty sure Landry will be prepped to start anyway.

Bravo!!!

/thread

zulater
10-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Overall I like Tomlin. But like many coaches he gets these personal blind spots that frustrate the hell out of me at times. With Cowher it was the love affair with Kordell. With Tomlin his clock management has mostly been my problem with him. But this Vick thing, if it carries on past yesterday will put things over the top. I just don't see how any rationale person can look at Vick's overall play this past month and see a NFL qb? If Vick starts I think it's because of hometown loyalty and perhaps some sort of ego trip to prove he was the only guy in the league who had it right on Vick.

In my opinion he was saved from his own stubbornness yesterday by Vick's injury. I don't think we win that game if Vick finishes it up. Yeah I know he had the one huge pass followed by an actual game winning drive the previous week in San Diego. But if you keep walking a greased tight rope in the rain you're going to fall off sooner rather than later.

zulater
10-19-2015, 02:45 PM

And I would help by passing out beers to make sure we didn't fall short of the mark. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 02:54 PM

no worries brother, you're not alone...:alcohol:

tube517
10-19-2015, 02:58 PM

Don't "paint with a broad brush" :nono: :tomlinism: :chuckle:

That FS76 guy did it again. (The Tomlinism smiley has shades!!! :lol:)

Mojouw
10-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Said it before. As long as Tomlin is paired with a decent offensive coordinator he is a top 5 coach. Does he make mistakes? Certainly. But it is only when compared against an arbitrary idealized standard that Tomlin really suffers. When placed in context and compared to his peers it gets hard to come up with 5-8 active coaches that would be doing any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steelermania
10-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Said it before. As long as Tomlin is paired with a decent offensive coordinator he is a top 5 coach. Does he make mistakes? Certainly. But it is only when compared against an arbitrary idealized standard that Tomlin really suffers. When placed in context and compared to his peers it gets hard to come up with 5-8 active coaches that would be doing any better.

Agreed. Sometimes I think the posters here don't watch any games not involving the Steelers. Pettine is getting roasted in Cleveland for going for 2 points after a touchdown. I see horrible clock management in pretty much every close game I watch. Pagano is being called the stupidest coach in the league after the fake punt fiasco. Cowher is now St. Cowher on this board, but fans were calling him an idiot, and a moron, and wanting him to be fired back in 1999. I'd never really want it to happen, because I'm a Steeler fan, but some posters here really deserve to see the Steelers end up with a Marty Mornhinweg type coach, and have to suffer through some 3-13 seasons to understand how good we really have it here.

The Browns were never the force after the merger, that they were before, but they were mostly competitive in the 25 seasons before the move. Their fans are now understanding how the other half lives. It's hard to even be as good as the Bengals have been the last decade over an extended period. The Steelers have been mostly very competitive over the last 45 years, maintaining a level of play unmatched by any other franchise. Even the 80's weren't horrible compared to what some other teams have gone through.

Rotorhead
10-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Well, I hope he plays Landry, but I really think it won't matter, Ben will be back. I do think the 2pt was a bad idea, ahead by 2pts, the extra pt makes it a FG game. I can understand the reasoning for having a 4pt lead, however, if you miss (like we did) the Cards are a FG from winning it (aka, 1-2 long pass plays). Have to kick the extra pt. Make them have to score a TD to win, but a FG will only tie it. It didnt matter, but these are the things he needs to improve on IMO. The game clock management and decisions like these need to improve.

steelcityboyz
10-19-2015, 05:47 PM
I think you're mistaking hatred because he's the enemy and hatred because people think he's a bad coach. No one who knows anything about football thinks Belichick is anything less than the greatest coach in the NFL since the turn of the century. He's just very easy to hate if he's not your team's coach. But every owner in the league would fire their head coach tomorrow to sign Belichick to a long term deal. And they'd be smart to do so.

It's kind of like Tom Brady. Sure I hate him. Do I think he is in the top four QBs to ever put on a uniform? Yes, I do.Hmmm, wonder how the great Belecheat would do on a Browns or Detroit team? :hmm:

tube517
10-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, wonder how the great Belecheat would do on a Browns or Detroit team? :hmm:

All the fake bandwagon Cheats** fans and his fans on this very forum forget about his rousing 36-44 record w/the Stains. Oh, but that record "doesn't count" because the Stains were moving anyways. :coffee:

steelcityboyz
10-19-2015, 08:30 PM
All the fake bandwagon Cheats** fans and his fans on this very forum forget about his rousing 36-44 record w/the Stains. Oh, but that record "doesn't count" because the Stains were moving anyways. :coffee:For real brother, take Marcia off him and let's see how good the 'Genius ' really is.

Godfather
10-19-2015, 08:45 PM
I'll agree Landry needs to start. Easily.

But, Cowher is no judge of QBs.

Example 1: Kordell Stewart for way too long.
Example 2: Let's not draft Ben and draft an OT and Keep Tommy Turnover. How would that have turned out.

Even Noll made some mistakes at the QB position. He was the last person in Pittsburgh to figure out Malone wasn't the answer. He also started Bubby over O'Donnell.

tube517
10-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Even Noll made some mistakes at the QB position. He was the last person in Pittsburgh to figure out Malone wasn't the answer. He also started Bubby over O'Donnell.

In 1974, how would this forum react to Gilliam/Hanratty/Bradshaw ?? :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM

i guess i can agree with this. most of my complaints about him are microaggressions really

Merchant
10-20-2015, 08:26 AM
We honestly could do a whole lot worse. (See: Chip Kelly)

Exactly. A lot of people wanted Wisenhunt over Tomlin initially, as another example.

Fun fact: Since starting 4-0 with the Cardinals in 2012, Ken Whisenhunt is 4-29 as a head coach.

tube517
10-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Exactly. A lot of people wanted Wisenhunt over Tomlin initially, as another example.

Fun fact: Since starting 4-0 with the Cardinals in 2012, Ken Whisenhunt is 4-29 as a head coach.

Alot of people wanted Russ Grimm over Tomlin (after Whis took the Cards job). Then the dumb ass Tribune (Prisuta) reported Grimm as the coach and everything went bonkers during that 48 hour period.

SteelersFanUCFAlum
10-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Tomlin is out of his mind if he thinks Jones did not make a huge difference over Vick. I like Vick, but he has been terrible. Ride the guy who is producing!

ALLD
10-20-2015, 10:17 AM
James Harrison has already announced Jones as the starter. Anybody think Tomlin will disagree?

Merchant
10-20-2015, 10:27 AM
James Harrison has already announced Jones as the starter. Anybody think Tomlin will disagree?

Me. Because Ben will be ready to go.

polamalubeast
10-20-2015, 11:13 AM

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Me. Because Ben will be ready to go.
I dont think he will, he better not try and rush back and get reinjured

zoneblitzerII
10-20-2015, 11:42 PM
He isn't the most pleated pant on the hanger that's for sure. But one thing is certain, he ain't Chuck Pagano dumb. That kind of dumb is a gift.

hawaiiansteeler
10-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Tomlin assumes Landry Jones will start against the Chiefs. #Steelers Depends on progress of Ben & Vick, however

— Steelers Depot (@Steelersdepot) October 20, 2015

of the 3 QBs, Landry Jones is the healthy one right now...