PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison says he might 'raise hell' over penalty

hawaiiansteeler
10-18-2015, 11:43 PM
James Harrison says he might 'raise hell' over penalty

by Neal Coolong

Harrison on his endzone penalty: "Didn't like that call at all. Don't see how they can call that. We'll see if I have to raise any hell"

— Ken Laird (@Ken_Laird) October 18, 2015

The play wasn’t blown dead by the officials. Mike Mitchell, after securing an interception, still could have gotten up and run with the ball.

Cardinals receiver John Brown moved toward Mitchell in an effort to either touch him down, or tackle him. That’s when James Harrison reacted.

The Steelers linebacker already crushed Brown once in the game, forcing a fumble in the third quarter of the Steelers’ 25-13 win over the Cardinals at Heinz Field. He crushed Brown again as he moved toward Mitchell, much like a dog might snap toward an invader getting too close to him.

“Didn’t like that call at all,” Harrison said, according to Trib Live Radio’s Ken Laird. “Don’t see how they can call that. We’ll see if I have to raise any hell”

He’s suggesting he’ll have an issue if the league fines him for the hit, which you can see at the end of this play:

to read rest of article:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/18/james-harrison-hit-cardinals-highlights-penalty/

j-d-s
10-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Harrison will get fined. That is a tradition in the NFL - no season would feel right if James Harrison is not fined.

I still would like him to sue the shit out of Goodell over that. Seems like that works pretty well these days.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 04:19 AM
It looked like the official,was signaling the play dead...

tube517
10-19-2015, 07:44 AM
It looked like the official,was signaling the play dead...

Right as Deebo was in mid-air. But, those NFL doofuses expect people to stop in mid-air.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 07:59 AM
That's what I mean...they are going to say the play was dead...which was bull shit but I still don't think he needed to middle Brown...but I can't say i didn't like it.

LLT
10-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Coach Cotton: Was he holding?
Official: No.
Coach Cotton: Did he hit after the whistle?
Official: Don't believe so.
Coach Cotton: Then what was the flag for?
Official: I don't know...Excessive blocking.

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Appeal it, and if you lose the appeal, take it to federal court. The floodgates have been opened. :coffee:

86WARD
10-19-2015, 09:11 AM
And he would do it...lol

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 09:15 AM
And he would do it...lol

Of course, I doubt we'd hear about the Rooneys schmoozing with the District Court judge who'd be hearing the case at a party days afterward, so he'd have that going against him. :coffee:

dduc996
10-19-2015, 01:31 PM
But they won the game that's what's important. 😊