PDA

View Full Version : Blake got (12) Tackles today.....

katmandu
10-18-2015, 08:05 PM
(10) solos + (2) Assists !

Now if he can only cover.....

katmandu
10-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Golden had (8) tackles as well.

(7) solo and (1) Assist.

Nice productivity out of these guys today!

86WARD
10-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Shocking...

He did have quite a few nice tackles.

SteelerFanInStl
10-18-2015, 08:33 PM

When your man is wide open on every play you're going to get a lot of tackles.

I hope that no one is stupid enough to think that he played well based on those numbers.

He's decent in run support but terrible in coverage.

hawaiiansteeler
10-18-2015, 08:44 PM

I think most of those tackles were made after Blake allowed his man to catch the ball and then he tackled him...

Psycho Ward 86
10-18-2015, 09:08 PM
yeah that happens when you cant cover your guy but you're within tackling range. he's still leading the team in missed tackles by quite a margin, and thats saying something.

im amazed were 6th in scoring defense with the missed tackles we have

ETL
10-18-2015, 09:28 PM
I give him a break. It's tough covering the Arizona receivers and Carson Palmer is one of the more accurate QBs.

The Defense bent but did not break keeping the cardinals out of the end zone for most of the game. I still want him to be out there playing

StillCurtains
10-18-2015, 09:40 PM
I think most of those tackles were made after Blake allowed his man to catch the ball and then he tackled him...

Absolutely!

Having 12 tackles in 1 game as a corner is nothing to gloat about. At that position that means you're a liability. This is nothing new with him. No matter the QB he still is torched. As glad as I was for the pick 6 last week, I was also thinking at the same time that it was bittersweet. I knew with that play that it would make him a lock to start at corner the rest of the season in Tomlin's eyes.

Steeldude
10-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Anyone notice he was wrapping up instead being a blind scud missile? How long did it take coaches to see that glaring problem?

hawaiiansteeler
10-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Duds

Antwon Blake — Cardinals receiver John Brown ran all over the field, usually with Blake trailing him, or having over-pursued him in coverage. Blake notched the big defensive play for the Steelers last week, but wasn’t anywhere near the ball Sunday.

Brown had a career-high 196 receiving yards.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/18/steelers-report-card-grades-cardinals-week-6/

Steelman
10-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Anyone notice he was wrapping up instead being a blind scud missile? How long did it take coaches to see that glaring problem?

It was nice to see him finally wrapping up. At least on all the catches he was allowing he was making the tackles afterward.

I still find it hard to believe that Boykin isn't able to provide better coverage. Blake seems to have no ability to play the ball, his interception last week notwithstanding.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 04:08 AM

He must've noticed that on his own or his old high school,coach called him and let him know of it...this coaching staff didn't recognize it...

Steeldude
10-19-2015, 10:22 AM
He must've noticed that on his own or his old high school,coach called him and let him know of it...this coaching staff didn't recognize it...

Lol

Rotorhead
10-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Well, he is not a starter on most teams, we are just hurting for quality CB's and for some reason Boykin is not playing in his place. Is C Allen the answer? Who knows. But I can live with him out there until someone shows up to play better.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Well, he is not a starter on most teams, we are just hurting for quality CB's and for some reason Boykin is not playing in his place. Is C Allen the answer? Who knows. But I can live with him out there until someone shows up to play better.

Allen is not...

Psycho Ward 86
10-19-2015, 12:39 PM
The burning question remains: Who is Boykin? :lol:

The stubbornness of this coaching staff is unrelenting. I would honestly take an embarrassing blow out loss at the hands of Antwon Blake getting butchered by receivers if it means getting Boykin to start in his place. Seems to me it would be helpful in the long run

ALLD
10-19-2015, 02:34 PM

C Allen is an answer, but not to the question of who is the best CB on the Steelers.

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 02:39 PM
The burning question remains: Who is Boykin? :lol:

great question, maybe we should start a new thread to see if anyone knows or has seen him? :noidea:

teegre
10-19-2015, 02:42 PM
great question, maybe we should start a new thread to see if anyone knows or has seen him? :noidea:

Mike Wallace wants to know if Brandon Boykin will supplant Cam Thomas as the starting SS in the 4-3.

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Mike Wallace wants to know if Brandon Boykin will supplant Cam Thomas as the starting SS in the 4-3.

Jarvis Jones thought Landry Jones' play was "solid" yesterday...

TeeTee
10-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Absolutely!

Having 12 tackles in 1 game as a corner is nothing to gloat about. At that position that means you're a liability. This is nothing new with him. No matter the QB he still is torched. As glad as I was for the pick 6 last week, I was also thinking at the same time that it was bittersweet. I knew with that play that it would make him a lock to start at corner the rest of the season in Tomlin's eyes.

Is he a player who should be targeted to be replaced? Yes. Is he horrible, like the worst there is? No.

Between Boink, our 2nd pick Golson, and another rookie next draft, Blake will get demoted. But as of now, we don't have much better (other than Boink who the coaches seem to hate).

Rotorhead
10-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Is he a player who should be targeted to be replaced? Yes. Is he horrible, like the worst there is? No.

Between Boink, our 2nd pick Golson, and another rookie next draft, Blake will get demoted. But as of now, we don't have much better (other than Boink who the coaches seem to hate).

I think C Allen will he active this week, so we also have him, however he is in the same boat as Boykin, nobody knows if or when they will ever see the field. At least Blake can tackle . . .

Psycho Ward 86
10-19-2015, 07:00 PM

I feel like Boykin to at least exceed the attention put on practice squad players before we start giving him nicknames :lol:

86WARD
10-19-2015, 07:35 PM
There has to be something going on between Tomlin and Boykin...

StillCurtains
10-19-2015, 10:43 PM

You hit the nail on the head!

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Nice productivity out of these guys today!

any idea why Brandon Boykin hasn't been playing? :noidea:

katmandu
10-19-2015, 11:29 PM
any idea why Brandon Boykin hasn't been playing? :noidea:He's pre-occupied playing Batman!

http://cdn2.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Brandon-Boykin-In-Kick-Ass-2-500x500.jpg

TeeTee
10-20-2015, 01:33 PM
http://orig14.deviantart.net/1f07/f/2009/146/2/4/boink__scout_spray__by_dark_muerte.png

- - - Updated - - -

any idea why Brandon Boykin hasn't been playing? :noidea:
http://boinks.com/website/wp-content/themes/boinks/uploads/kittyboinks-product-label-250x220.jpg