PDA

View Full Version : More unlikely performance by a player you have seen?

polamalubeast
10-18-2015, 07:15 PM
for one game by a steelers?

Where the game of Landry Jones against the Cardinals ranks?

hawaiiansteeler
10-18-2015, 07:24 PM
had we ever seen Landry Jones play with the first stringers before?

katmandu
10-18-2015, 07:30 PM
had we ever seen Landry Jones play with the first stringers before?Nope. This was a first. He proved he can hold his own with the big boys out there.

Something about the way he steps back from center reminds me of Ben. I think Ben's influence (and mentoring) is starting to pay big dividends for Laundry.

ALLD
10-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Nobody saw that coming including Tomlin and Jones himself. Looked like the Cards prepared for Vick and Jones caught them off balance. Not to mention a somewhat stellar season debut for Bryant too.

86WARD
10-18-2015, 07:47 PM
Nobody saw that coming including Tomlin and Jones himself. Looked like the Cards prepared for Vick and Jones caught them off balance. Not to mention a somewhat stellar season debut for Bryant too.

Because the Cards game plan was to stop Bell and let Vick beat them...knowing that Vick can't beat them. Jones came in and beat them...

katmandu
10-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Because the Cards game plan was to stop Bell and let Vick beat them...knowing that Vick can't beat them. Jones came in and beat them...Cause everybody and their brother know that Vick can't read defenses and pass worth a shiiitt!

86WARD
10-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Cause everybody and their brother know that Vick can't read defenses and pass worth a shiiitt!

Exactly...so let Vick beat you...it'll never happen.

Psycho Ward 86
10-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Jarvis Jones last week against the chargers

ETL
10-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Jones actually looked like a young Carson Palmer. Sort of looks like him too.

I guess Jones unlikely performance was like the game James Harrison had on Monday night - his coming out game. Harrison was a nobody before that game.

fansince'76
10-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Kordell Stewart in the regular season against the Broncos in 1997, which was hailed at the time as his "coming out party." Turned out to be fool's gold that we had to endure for another 5 years afterward, unfortunately...

steelreserve
10-18-2015, 10:51 PM
had we ever seen Landry Jones play with the first stringers before?

He started most of the preseason games, didn't he? And looked like crap no matter who he was playing with. This was completely unexpected.

I can't recall if I've ever seen a single-game individual effort more surprising than that, at least not on this team. There have been guys who have suddenly emerged when given the opportunity that we were all waiting for. But never a guy who looked like he sucked ass for years, and we were all praying he never got on the field. Pretty unbelievable.

ALLD
10-19-2015, 02:54 AM
FWP is another one.