PDA

View Full Version : Blake: 'It felt amazing'

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Blake: 'It felt amazing'

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

http://www.steelers.com/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/2015-Photos/2015_Article/10_October/Blake_101415_Article_1.jpg

In this case, a picture does paint 1,000 words.

Antwon Blake glanced at the wall outside of the Steelers’ locker room and the smile came quick. It wasn’t the first time in the last 24 hours he has given the wall, a wall adorned with pictures of the highlights of Monday night’s win over the Chargers, a second look.

He quickly glanced again, as it was hard not to notice the 36 x 30 print of him in celebratory mode as he crossed the goal line following a 70-yard interception return for a touchdown, the first of his NFL career.

“Every week I hope my picture is on the wall because it means I did something key in the game,” said Blake. “As far as celebrating it, I know as a defense, as a team in general, we try to have fun out there. I learned a long time ago when you have fun on the field good things tend to happen.”

With the Steelers down 7-3 late in the third quarter Blake picked off Chargers’ quarterback Philip Rivers and headed straight for the end zone. It was a long jaunt, but he wasn’t going to be denied.

“In those types of situations, especially running 70 yards, you have to be aware of the pursuit that is behind you,” said Blake. “Those guys are not going to give up. You definitely have to be aware that somebody is coming to get you.”

And the celebration afterwards, one that included a few nice moves, you couldn’t blame him.

“It felt amazing,” said Blake. “Just being able to make a play for my team, especially when we needed it at a critical moment like that. It was a blessing for sure.

“As a defensive back we pray for those types of plays every week. To finally get one, especially my first one in the NFL, it was a surreal feeling.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Blake-It-felt-amazing/bd2959ba-cac5-4c33-8e52-01605c932375

ALLD
10-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Great moves, he was in the zone. Don't be so loose with the ball next time. If #60 stayed with the play he may have tackled Blake, but he simply stopped trying.

What I want to know is why is Rivers taking off his helmet on the field and then whining? His WR ran a terrible route, almost looked like a curl that was supposed to be a crossing pattern.

86WARD
10-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Had Leon Lett all over it...

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 06:14 PM
What I want to know is why is Rivers taking off his helmet on the field and then whining?

whining is what Philip Rivers does best...

http://images1.westword.com/imager/photos-top-twenty-philip-rivers-hate-meme/u/original/6570744/philip_rivers_memes_20.jpg

ALLD
10-15-2015, 06:36 PM
What chucklehead let Drew Brees go away to keep Rivers?

tube517
10-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Great moves, he was in the zone. Don't be so loose with the ball next time. If #60 stayed with the play he may have tackled Blake, but he simply stopped trying.

What I want to know is why is Rivers taking off his helmet on the field and then whining? His WR ran a terrible route, almost looked like a curl that was supposed to be a crossing pattern.

Was Rivers on the field when he took his helmet off? Couldn't tell but that's a penalty. Oh, wait, the refs were so good in this game. :sarcasm:

smokin3000gt
10-15-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm glad he made the pick. Especially since he was playing terrible all game. I was just waiting for it to fly out of his hands though. Next time, hold it like you don't want to fumble it!!

salamander
10-15-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm thrilled he got the INT but for the love of God he's gotta keep that ball more secure.

teegre
10-15-2015, 09:22 PM
What chucklehead let Drew Brees go away to keep Rivers?

In 2004, I was telling Chargers fans that they should stick with Brees, and draft Larry Fitzgerald. Nope. They wanted Brees gone.

Imagine if the Chargers had indeed drafted Fitzgerald. In 2006 & 2007, they would have had:

LaDainian Tomlinson: the best RB in the NFL
Larry Fitzgerald: the best WR in the NFL
Drew Brees: the best QB in the NFL
Antonio Gates: the best TE in the NFL

86WARD
10-15-2015, 09:24 PM
That would've been a pretty sick line up...

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 10:49 PM
In 2004, I was telling Chargers fans that they should stick with Brees, and draft Larry Fitzgerald. Nope. They wanted Brees gone.

overall, how are Chargers fans?

Steeldude
10-16-2015, 05:05 AM
They should have called him out on his poor tackling. Maybe he thinks it feels great to miss tackles.

tube517
10-16-2015, 08:07 AM
I saw Butler talking to him after the play. He wasn't yelling but you could tell he was talking to him about carrying that ball Leon Lett style.

His tackling has gotten worse from last year.

teegre
10-16-2015, 10:46 AM
overall, how are Chargers fans?

Relaxed. That's sort of the problem... they don't care too much about football.

As a people, it's great: they are easy-going, laid back, and unconfrontational. As a football fan base, they don't show up to games, don't really cheer, and don't really care.

Thus, I love being a San Diegan who roots for the Steelers. (Does that makes sense?)

Rotorhead
10-16-2015, 10:59 AM

Imagine if the Chargers had indeed drafted Fitzgerald. In 2006 & 2007, they would have had:

LaDainian Tomlinson: the best RB in the NFL
Larry Fitzgerald: the best WR in the NFL
Drew Brees: the best QB in the NFL
Antonio Gates: the best TE in the NFL

I was saying the EXACT same thing, that was the biggest mistake they ever made. They would have had at least 2 rings if they kept Brees and Drafted Fitz. I alway liked LT, very humble and a great back, was sad he never got his ring. I blame the Charge FO for that.

teegre
10-16-2015, 01:56 PM
I was saying the EXACT same thing, that was the biggest mistake they ever made. They would have had at least 2 rings if they kept Brees and Drafted Fitz. I alway liked LT, very humble and a great back, was sad he never got his ring. I blame the Charge FO for that.

I agree completely.

Chargers fans, though, swear that they loooove Rivers. Eh... denial takes many forms. :chuckle:

tube517
10-16-2015, 03:34 PM
I agree completely.

Chargers fans, though, swear that they loooove Rivers. Eh... denial takes many forms. :chuckle:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3d/a4/aa/3da4aa6caa4bbe8580f7ce2c359698d6.jpg ??? :chuckle:

Edman
10-16-2015, 10:49 PM

Well, the Chargers brass saw it fit to fire Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season. I don't care if the Chargers lost in their first game (due to bad luck by the way). Marty's Chargers were are a tough foe who played hard.

86WARD
10-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Yeah...the Chargers are underrated when it comes to the "stupid moves" department.

teegre
10-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah...the Chargers are underrated when it comes to the "stupid moves" department.

Not keeping Brees/not drafting Fitzgerald is #1.

But, here's #2:
They traded down/didn't draft Troy Polamalu.

Rodney Harrison had just left. They desperately needed a SS. I was on the phone with a Chargers fan when the Chargers were slotted to pick. He asked, "Who should the Bolts take?" I replied without hesitation, "Troy Polamalu no doubt." Then, the Chargers traded down. As if it couldn't get any worse, on the very next pick, the Steelers traded up for Polamalu. My friend growled, "I hate you" and hung up the phone.