PDA

View Full Version : Shazier - nerve damage from stinger? Return to line-up not certain.

TD's & Beer
10-15-2015, 04:31 AM
His lingering shoulder issue stems from nerve damage he sustained during the 9er's game. He had limited action in Wed. practice.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/10/14/9533779/steelers-injury-report-ryan-shaziers-return-to-the-lineup-not-certain

86WARD
10-15-2015, 05:18 AM
Great...it's gonna be a season long thing...if we're lucky...

ALLD
10-15-2015, 07:22 AM
Make him a S.

TD's & Beer
10-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Make him a S.

A one-armed safety?

Shamarko is supposedly mentally disabled, we don't need any more gimps back there

fansince'76
10-15-2015, 08:04 AM
A one-armed safety?

Shamarko is supposedly mentally disabled, we don't need any more gimps back there

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.inside.com/slide/5381f85e4150502ffe7a0000/medium/medium_image-5381f85e4150502ffe7a0000-coalesced

:chuckle:

Steeldude
10-15-2015, 09:58 AM
He's done for the season. Put him on IR and move on.

Rotorhead
10-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Well, at least Spence is playing well

teegre
10-15-2015, 10:38 AM
A one-armed safety?

That sounds like a "Would you rather...?" type of question.

katmandu
10-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Well, at least Spence is playing wellSpence led the team in tackles last week with (7). He's playing very, very well.

steelreserve
10-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Who wants to bet this turns into some thing where he comes back for 1 or 2 games and then turns out to need season-ending surgery? Good thing we didn't get rid of Williams or Spence, like some people wanted ...

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/24305-Shazier-ruled-out-for-MNF?p=509745&viewfull=1#post509745

TeeTee
10-15-2015, 04:35 PM
I might have to stop coming here; it's just keeps getting more depressing (as far as injury news goes).

TeeTee
10-15-2015, 04:55 PM
His lingering shoulder issue stems from nerve damage he sustained during the 9er's game. He had limited action in Wed. practice.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/10/14/9533779/steelers-injury-report-ryan-shaziers-return-to-the-lineup-not-certain

I wonder if Cool Shades thinks it's still an injury that he should ridicule by calling it a "boo boo."

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 05:03 PM
I wonder if Cool Shades thinks it's still an injury that he should ridicule by calling it a "boo boo."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikssfUhAlgg

st33lersguy
10-15-2015, 05:33 PM
This dude is made of glass. Why wasn't this known sooner?

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 05:34 PM

I don't believe Shazier missed any games in college due to injury...

86WARD
10-15-2015, 06:35 PM

I feel the same...

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 08:04 PM

are you a doctor or have you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently?

teegre
10-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Spence led the team in tackles last week with (7). He's playing very, very well.

I was ecstatic when the Steelers drafted him. He simply had a nose for the ball.

Then... his leg almost got cut in half.

He's only about 85% of what he could have been, but the fact that he's even walking (let alone playing in the NFL) is nothing short of amazing.

Steeldude
10-16-2015, 05:08 AM
are you a doctor or have you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently?

No and yes.

Rotorhead
10-16-2015, 10:35 AM
So is he officially out for this game yet?

teegre
10-16-2015, 10:41 AM
yes.

According to the armchair quarterback handbook, that does indeed qualify you as an expert.

:lol:

86WARD
10-16-2015, 04:30 PM
So is he officially out for this game yet?

Yes...and probably will last the year...

hawaiiansteeler
10-16-2015, 07:26 PM

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Ryan Shazier has missed 11 NFL games in two years. Never missed a game in three years at OSU. Imagine there's a mental toll there.

Dude that clearly has tons of talent but been so limited in being able to show it. Frustrating for him more than it is for you. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

86WARD
10-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Ryan Shazier has missed 11 NFL games in two years. Never missed a game in three years at OSU. Imagine there's a mental toll there.

Dude that clearly has tons of talent but been so limited in being able to show it. Frustrating for him more than it is for you. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Doubt it,..he's still getting paid millions when he's not playing...it's more frustrating for me to see him standing there with a sling on.

Merchant
10-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Tomlin said outside linebacker Jarvis Jones (hip) and inside linebacker Ryan Shazier (shoulder), neither of whom played in the victory Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, should be “well enough” to play against the Chiefs.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/21/Two-starting-linebackers-might-return-Sunday/stories/201510210077

steelreserve
10-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Jarvis Jones still counts as a starter?

Leave that guy out of it; as far as I'm concerned, we're better with any of Moats, Harrison and Dupree on in front of him, and we've shown it on the field.

tube517
10-21-2015, 11:27 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/21/Two-starting-linebackers-might-return-Sunday/stories/201510210077

This is an insult to my intelligence. Tomlin is an obivous liar. :coffee:

TeeTee
10-21-2015, 01:02 PM

You're just proving my point. Tomlin said it was just a "boo boo"....a boo boo that made him miss a month.

Merchant
10-21-2015, 01:05 PM
You're just proving my point. Tomlin said it was just a "boo boo"....a boo boo that made him miss a month.

He's telling the media that to keep the opponents guessing. If he says "Shazier will be out 4-6 weeks" then no one has to account for him in their game plan. If he says it's just a "boo boo" then it keeps them guessing.

TeeTee
10-21-2015, 01:14 PM
He's telling the media that to keep the opponents guessing. If he says "Shazier will be out 4-6 weeks" then no one has to account for him in their game plan. If he says it's just a "boo boo" then it keeps them guessing.

Exactly, and it's all an exercise in futility and bull shit. He thinks he's being crafty when he just looks like an ass clown.

Mojouw
10-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Exactly, and it's all an exercise in futility and bull shit. He thinks he's being crafty when he just looks like an ass clown.

Why? Because the fans and media can't separate bullshit from reality? That is their problem. So you actually think that Tomlin was surprised by the length of time Shazier missed?

Not like he has access to an entire medical staff or anything. I mean I guess it would be one thing if Cool Shades was also the team doctor...

teegre
10-21-2015, 01:56 PM

Wait... what??? Shazier is actual injured.

Crap... now I feel stupid for believing a coach's press conference.

Steeldude
10-21-2015, 04:11 PM
I will believe it when I see it : ) What I worry about is Shazier going down again in a two games. I get the feeling he will be one of those players with nagging injuries throughout his career.

TeeTee
10-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Why? Because the fans and media can't separate bullshit from reality? That is their problem. So you actually think that Tomlin was surprised by the length of time Shazier missed?

Not like he has access to an entire medical staff or anything. I mean I guess it would be one thing if Cool Shades was also the team doctor...

He said it right afterwards, he thought it was a simple stinger. Maybe Cool Shades should shut his stink hole until he actually knows something.

Count Steeler
10-21-2015, 04:19 PM
He said it right afterwards, he thought it was a simple stinger. Maybe Cool Shades should shut his stink hole until he actually knows something.

OK, we get it. You don't like Tomlin. In your eyes he is and always will be a buffoon. Yeah!

Mojouw
10-21-2015, 04:24 PM

I guess I just can't wrap my head around what about this bothers you?

Reasonable sequence of events is that Shazier leaves game hurt. Training staff looks him over. Tomlin asks if he can go back in - staff says not a good idea. Looks like stinger. Tomlin notes this and moves back to coaching the game. Then after the game, Tomlin gets a quick update from the trainers - who have had zero access to any diagnostic equipment at this point - and they still indicate that Shazier is not hurt that bad. Tomlin goes to post-game presser and answers with the best available information. Hence, the "boo boo" comment. After returning to Pittsburgh and gaining access to all the bad-ass medical equipment at the Steelers disposal - they realize that Shazier's shoulder is worse than they initially hoped. Now word is that there is some nerve stuff and it is uncertain how and when this will respond to rest/treatment. This makes it way to the media through both official and unofficial channels.

I am not saying that you are wrong. You are welcome to your opinion. I just am wondering what specifically gets under your skin about the above scenario I outlined?

Count Steeler
10-21-2015, 04:32 PM
I guess I just can't wrap my head around what about this bothers you?

Reasonable sequence of events is that Shazier leaves game hurt. Training staff looks him over. Tomlin asks if he can go back in - staff says not a good idea. Looks like stinger. Tomlin notes this and moves back to coaching the game. Then after the game, Tomlin gets a quick update from the trainers - who have had zero access to any diagnostic equipment at this point - and they still indicate that Shazier is not hurt that bad. Tomlin goes to post-game presser and answers with the best available information. Hence, the "boo boo" comment. After returning to Pittsburgh and gaining access to all the bad-ass medical equipment at the Steelers disposal - they realize that Shazier's shoulder is worse than they initially hoped. Now word is that there is some nerve stuff and it is uncertain how and when this will respond to rest/treatment. This makes it way to the media through both official and unofficial channels.

I am not saying that you are wrong. You are welcome to your opinion. I just am wondering what specifically gets under your skin about the above scenario I outlined?

Looks to me that it is just because it is Tomlin. If it were Belicheck, it would be spun to be some kind of genius, savant move.

hawaiiansteeler
10-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Wait... what??? Shazier is actual injured.

Crap... now I feel stupid for believing a coach's press conference.

http://m.memegen.com/39e35e.jpg

86WARD
10-21-2015, 05:14 PM
He's not coming back in 2015 is he...

smokin3000gt
10-21-2015, 09:00 PM

Time to change your tampon out and get over it already FFS. All you do is piss and moan about Tomlin. We get it. You don't care much for him. STFU already and move on.

Craic
10-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Time to change your tampon out and get over it already FFS. All you do is piss and moan about Tomlin. We get it. You don't care much for him. STFU already and move on.

You know, it's not good for you to hold your feelings in. :chuckle:

Does get annoying though, doesn't it?

teegre
10-21-2015, 09:29 PM

:applaudit: