PDA

View Full Version : QB Ben Roethlisberger returns to practice on a limited basis

HollywoodSteel
10-14-2015, 11:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qb-ben-roethlisberger-returns-practice-limited-basis-223926175--nfl.html

Is anyone else not liking Vick's comments about not knowing the plays yet? I get that he hasn't been a Steeler that long, and I'm not expecting him to know the playbook backwards and forwards, but he's our #2 QB... the guy who knows that he is always one play away from being our starter. What has he been doing since he got here if not studying the playbook harder than anyone? He talks like he was picked up from the couch a week ago. Maybe it's just the way he phrased it that bothers me:

''I'm still a ways away but the confidence is still there. The coaches are doing a good job of helping me understand what we're doing. It's more a matter of getting down the details now. I'm trying to make a play here or there, trying to find some consistency.''

'Understand what we are doing'? That sounds like he's lost. 'Make a play here or there'? You're supposed to do a lot more than make a play here or there. He can have a smaller package of plays to run, but he should be able to make most of those plays.

Like I said, I'm probably overreacting to the specific phrasing, and I'm misunderstanding him. But it just ruffled my feathers.

86WARD
10-15-2015, 04:35 AM
It's not easy to learn a whole new language and he was pretty much just picked up off his couch a few weeks ago. Having said that, he should have grasp some of it and the coaches should be slimming it down for him. He shouldn't have to learn the "whole playbook." Just what they are inserting into the game plan for that specific week.

Steelman
10-15-2015, 08:40 AM
This is Mike Vick we're talking about. He's like what Shamarko would be if he played quarterback.