PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Expects To Practice Some On Wednesday

polamalubeast
10-14-2015, 10:09 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-expects-to-practice-some-on-wednesday/

TD's & Beer
10-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Big Ben to do individual drills on Wednesday (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Ben Roethlisberger (knee) will participate in 7-on-7 drills at Wednesday's practice.

Big Ben continues to "want to play" Week 6 against the Cardinals. He's fine to throw, but the Steelers remain concerned about his ability to move laterally in the pocket. If it were up to Roethlisberger, he'd play Sunday, but coach Mike Tomlin and the training staff hold the final word. Michael Vick was horrific for about 85 percent of the Week 5 win over the Chargers and has been a serious drain on Antonio Brown. Getting Roethlisberger back will boost the entire offense.

Steelman
10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Ben wants this game so bad.

polamalubeast
10-14-2015, 10:34 AM

steelreserve
10-14-2015, 10:49 AM

Since that's about half of what makes him a good QB, I wouldn't push it. I still remember that 49ers game a few years ago when he looked like he was dragging around a ship's anchor, and we scored something like 6 points. And I will cringe every time he gets hit if he plays like this. This is obviously a huge risk.

steel striker
10-14-2015, 10:49 AM
As much as I would like Ben to play but, I'm concerned he might hurt that knee.

Merchant
10-14-2015, 10:53 AM
When they say doing 7-on-7's.. does that mean he's doing it with the first-team and taking first-team snaps away from Vick? Not sure how I feel about that. Vick needs all the practice he can get.

Moose
10-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Since that's about half of what makes him a good QB, I wouldn't push it. I still remember that 49ers game a few years ago when he looked like he was dragging around a ship's anchor, and we scored something like 6 points. And I will cringe every time he gets hit if he plays like this. This is obviously a huge risk.

Exactly ! Too soon wouldn't help the team .... or my nerves !

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 11:09 AM
YIKES!!! NO - I'd rather take the loss than have him rush back. No reason for it. A W would be nice, but I'd also take an L against an NFC opponent if it means more time for Ben to heal. Never a good idea to rush back, although I admire his competitiveness. Him being on the sideline is just fine for now.

tube517
10-14-2015, 11:19 AM
I doubt he'll play Sunday.

polamalubeast
10-14-2015, 11:24 AM

Rotorhead
10-14-2015, 11:29 AM
He is not playing, no way. This game is not a must win, no need to rush him back. I am glad he is back to practicing, makes me feel better about returning for KC to be ready for Cincy, but I am not sure we need him for KC now either since Charles is out now. I would bet he will be back for KC and 100% for Cincy.

salamander
10-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes, PLEASE don't rush him back...

TeeTee
10-14-2015, 12:20 PM
When they say doing 7-on-7's.. does that mean he's doing it with the first-team and taking first-team snaps away from Vick? Not sure how I feel about that. Vick needs all the practice he can get.

Unfortunately, at this point, more reps for Vick won't make him any better. He isn't all of a sudden going to be able to read a defense, find the open man or throw accurately. It's just not gonna happen.

I mean, I guess if they practiced throwing to just the primary target, maybe that could help, IDK.

Merchant
10-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately, at this point, more reps for Vick won't make him any better. He isn't all of a sudden going to be able to read a defense, find the open man or throw accurately. It's just not gonna happen.

I mean, I guess if they practiced throwing to just the primary target, maybe that could help, IDK.

Of course more reps for Vick will make him better. He clearly doesn't have timing with the receivers. Timing comes with time (reps).

Rotorhead
10-14-2015, 02:25 PM
lets hope this is the week he and AB get on the same page!

TD's & Beer
10-15-2015, 04:13 AM
PLEASE don't rush him back...

He was taking reps with the scout team - I don't think there's any chance he's starting

Steelers aren’t expecting Ben Roethlisberger to be ready this week
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/14/steelers-arent-expecting-ben-roethlisberger-to-be-ready-this-week/

86WARD
10-15-2015, 04:28 AM

Finding the open man isn't his problem. He can do that. His problem is getting the ball to receivers on timing routes...it's just not getting there at the right times or accurately. When he has time to scan the field, he finds open guys...he just hasn't had a lot of time with the O-Line. Partly his fault and partly the line. He has to be a second faster...but the timing patterns are where his issues lie.

tube517
10-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Finding the open man isn't his problem. He can do that. His problem is getting the ball to receivers on timing routes...it's just not getting there at the right times or accurately. When he has time to scan the field, he finds open guys...he just hasn't had a lot of time with the O-Line. Partly his fault and partly the line. He has to be a second faster...but the timing patterns are where his issues lie.

Exactly. He's been second guessing himself and playing scared/conservative. The bomb to Wheaton seemed to give him some confidence.

I'm still not expecting much from him but he needs to take shots downfield. Bryant (if he's playing) should help him out.

TD's & Beer
10-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Bryant (if he's playing) should help him out.

He might not start but he'll play

He's practicing fully and will make his debut Sunday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9416/martavis-bryant

TD's & Beer
10-16-2015, 01:40 PM
As expected, Ben's not playing

Steelers rule out Big Ben (knee) for Week 6

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/321380/steelers-rule-out-big-ben-(knee)-for-week-6

TeeTee
10-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Of course more reps for Vick will make him better. He clearly doesn't have timing with the receivers. Timing comes with time (reps).

Vick NEVER has had any timing with ANY receivers his entire career; he is incapable of throwing timing patterns. At 35 he is gonna learn now? Poppycock.

Put him in situations like Ben did to end the game, and then he will be better. Forcing him to do more reps on training patterns? A total waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

As expected, Ben's not playing

Steelers rule out Big Ben (knee) for Week 6

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/321380/steelers-rule-out-big-ben-(knee)-for-week-6

Shocker. Whoever didn't already know this is sniffing paint or doing meth.