PDA

View Full Version : I almost forgot, a J. Jones sighting!

TeeTee
10-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Five tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss and did I see him force a fumble?

I have been as guilty as anyone ripping the guy so far (although prior to this season I didn't) so I am gonna have to admit
he had a pretty decent game last night, unless someone can tell me why I am wrong about it.

I hope and pray this is a sign of things to come. If JJ can become a legit 3-4 OLB, and I am assuming Dupree in on track to as well,
it could free up our draft options next year. It would be awesome if we could get a legit NT and a top flight CB next year and maybe
the heir apparent for Miller too. Oh, and we could use another safety as well.

TeeTee
10-13-2015, 08:09 PM
What, no one wants to comment on Jones having a decent game? We sure were all happy to rip on him when he didn't do anything.

86WARD
10-13-2015, 08:20 PM
I think a lot of people have commented on how well he played throughout all the other threads relating to the Chargers game.

Devilsdancefloor
10-13-2015, 08:28 PM
I like what i sen now if can stay consistent is what everyone is waiting for.

Count Steeler
10-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Let's see if he can perform against regular NFL linemen. He was up against a Jonathon Scott yesterday. 3rd string replacement LT.

I still find him light on his feet and easily moved. He definitely needs to increase his strength all over.

Yes, he had a good game, but so did Blake, if all you look at is the interception.

hawaiiansteeler
10-13-2015, 08:40 PM
I thought Jarvis Jones was "solid"...

Psycho Ward 86
10-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Let's see if he can perform against regular NFL linemen. He was up against a Jonathon Scott yesterday. 3rd string replacement LT.

I still find him light on his feet and easily moved. He definitely needs to increase his strength all over.

Yes, he had a good game, but so did Blake, if all you look at is the interception.

LOL. is this the johnathan scott that we used to have? if so, i give jarvis absolutely no credit forth the pressure he generated.

Come on guys, i cant be the only one to remember how bad he was. Of all the craptastic O-linemen from 2006-2012, i would put johnathan scott at the very top

Count Steeler
10-13-2015, 08:48 PM
LOL. is this the johnathan scott that we used to have? if so, i give jarvis absolutely no credit forth the pressure he generated.

Come on guys, i cant be the only one to remember how bad he was. Of all the craptastic O-linemen from 2006-2012, i would put johnathan scott at the very top

It wasn't actually Jonathon Scott, but a Jonathon Scott type. 3rd string replacement LT.

lipps83
10-13-2015, 08:57 PM

It just might be. His page on Pro Football Reference doesn't list him as on a team this year, and the Chargers roster does not have a Jonathan Scott listed, so he may have just been recently signed to their team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/ScotJo22.htm

TeeTee
10-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Well, that puts a little damper on my hopes and expectations.

Count Steeler
10-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Guys, it wasn't Jonathon Scott, it was a 3rd string LT.

Iron Steeler
10-13-2015, 09:56 PM
I never turned on Jones, he always around every play and almost made the big play or sack. Now he is finally getting it done. He looked good the begining of last year as well.

86WARD
10-14-2015, 01:35 AM
More times than not though, he's looked awful...

SteelerFanInStl
10-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Jones has gotten a lot of well deserved hate. Let's give him some praise for a good game, no matter who he was matched up against. At this point I'm just hoping that he'll turn into a decent player.

Mojouw
10-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Until he does it against an actual starting caliber o-line, then it is the same as it was at Georgia. Jones piles up stats and plays against inferior competition. Problem is, in the NFL Jones is usually the inferior competition.

B&GFever
10-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Five tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss and did I see him force a fumble?

I have been as guilty as anyone ripping the guy so far (although prior to this season I didn't) so I am gonna have to admit
he had a pretty decent game last night, unless someone can tell me why I am wrong about it.

I hope and pray this is a sign of things to come. If JJ can become a legit 3-4 OLB, and I am assuming Dupree in on track to as well,
it could free up our draft options next year. It would be awesome if we could get a legit NT and a top flight CB next year and maybe
the heir apparent for Miller too. Oh, and we could use another safety as well.

well you have gone and spent 4 of the remaining 5 draft picks already ... may want to toss in a O-Lineman as well with 3 URFA on the O-line come spring

Steeldude
10-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Not impressed at all. I want consistency. So far how is he any better than Carlos Emmons?

steel striker
10-14-2015, 10:55 AM
He finally had a good game.

tube517
10-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Well, he had a good game but now he's hurt. Didn't practice today.

TeeTee
10-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Jones has gotten a lot of well deserved hate. Let's give him some praise for a good game, no matter who he was matched up against. At this point I'm just hoping that he'll turn into a decent player.

That's how I mostly felt.

- - - Updated - - -

Not impressed at all. I want consistency. So far how is he any better than Carlos Emmons?

And Carlos was a 7th round pick or something like that. Jones is a mid-first rounder. But Emmons did rock a wicked 6-pack of abs. They were freakish.

Rotorhead
10-14-2015, 03:53 PM
OMG Jonathan Scott is on a team . . . we need to resign him . . . he was the best . . . /sarcasm

I love it when people just skim and respond lol.

teegre
10-14-2015, 03:58 PM
OMG Jonathan Scott is on a team . . . we need to resign him . . . he was the best . . . /sarcasm

I love it when people just skim and respond lol.

Ugh!!! What!?!

The Steelers signed Jonathan Scott!?!

What a waste of a roster spot...

TeeTee
10-14-2015, 04:02 PM
well you have gone and spent 4 of the remaining 5 draft picks already ... may want to toss in a O-Lineman as well with 3 URFA on the O-line come spring

Well, do we not need help at CB, S, NT and TE? It's possible we could get one more decent year from Miller. Oh, and we are paper thin at DE too. And, yes, we could use more depth at OT.

86WARD
10-14-2015, 04:33 PM

He's not...Emmons looks,like an All-Pro compared to Jones.

hawaiiansteeler
10-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Ugh!!! What!?!

The Steelers signed Jonathan Scott!?!

What a waste of a roster spot...

ahh, a blast from the past...

Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott.

or was it "Jonathan "The Human Turnstile" Scott?

teegre
10-14-2015, 05:40 PM
ahh, a blast from the past...

Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott.

or was it "Jonathan "The Human Turnstile" Scott?

I know that it was Rollerskates, but it also could have been "The Human Turnstile"... but, I seem to remember that that was used for a different player (if you're referring to a certain site that awarded "dong" sacks).

tube517
10-16-2015, 12:48 PM

TeeTee
10-16-2015, 01:41 PM
Shazier out again. But Tomlin called his injury "a little boo boo."

It's looking like Shazier is made of glass, maybe a product of PEDs.