PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin on late call: “It was time to go to the mattresses”

HollywoodSteel
10-13-2015, 04:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/mike-tomlin-on-late-call-it-was-time-to-go-to-the-mattresses/

Did we get two new Tomlinisms here? I don't think I've ever heard him say “Guys just didn’t let go of the rope.” And I definitely haven't heard him quote The Godfather before.

It's always fun when he adds more cowboys to his western, or whatever the right metaphor for this is...

:tomlinism:

Steelman
10-13-2015, 04:25 PM
His quote about concession stands was pretty funny, regardless of how I feel about the situation.

I guess these types of wins really fire up the quote machine. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
10-13-2015, 04:26 PM
"especially when we were playing in a hostile environment, if you will..."

HollywoodSteel
10-13-2015, 05:21 PM
That's obviously a tried and true arrow in his quote quiver, but you forgot to throw a few "obviously"s in there. Obviously. :)

hawaiiansteeler
10-13-2015, 05:27 PM
That's obviously a tried and true arrow in his quote quiver, but you forgot to throw a few "obviously"s in there. Obviously. :)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/44163134.jpg

ALLD
10-13-2015, 05:56 PM

That may have been an anecdotal quip considering there were so many Steeler fans.

stillers4me
10-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Wonder why he talks the way he does. Must drive his family crazy. [emoji38]

86WARD
10-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Kids, it's time to do your homework, the standard is the standard. Sorry son, that's obviously incorrect...take that to your teacher will be like walking into a hostile environment if you will. This effort here is not indicative of what your capable of son. Obviously, The other men in your class will be stepping up their game if you will and you'll want to ride with your brethren and be the best group of young men you can be. You want to be above the standard.

Mojouw
10-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Kids, it's time to do your homework, the standard is the standard. Sorry son, that's obviously incorrect...take that to your teacher will be like walking into a hostile environment if you will. This effort here is not indicative of what your capable of son. Obviously, The other men in your class will be stepping up their game if you will and you'll want to ride with your brethren and be the best group of young men you can be. You want to be above the standard.

You need to challenge yourself to do better homework than your peers. The men in that classroom will compete together, obviously. Iron sharpens iron.

teegre
10-13-2015, 06:31 PM
I know it was you, Danny Smith...

fansince'76
10-13-2015, 06:42 PM
Looks to be an epic thread in the making...

...obviously.

:chuckle:

86WARD
10-13-2015, 07:21 PM
You need to challenge yourself to do better homework than your peers. The men in that classroom will compete together, obviously. Iron sharpens iron.

Obviously son, this isn't your first rodeo. There are certain comforts with that continuity but you can't worry about style points if you will, you need to realize that at your age, the arrow is pointing up.

hawaiiansteeler
10-13-2015, 07:25 PM
I know it was you, Danny Smith...

Danny Smith better hope Tomlin didn't kiss him after the game...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WEhhKK3DWD4/VIvlij_ZIeI/AAAAAAAAP_E/fwq_RJoOkhs/s1600/GodfatherII-KissOfDeath.jpg

ALLD
10-14-2015, 08:36 AM
Only Cowher kisses guys.