PDA

View Full Version : Battle Cut?

Chidi29
09-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Kudos to another person on ESPN's message board for pointing this out.

Arnaz Battle is not listed on the team's roster.

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

Looks like a waste of $1 million.

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
it's ok. ward, wallace, sanders, brown, and ARE is a wide receiver corp im excited about. To Battle's credit though, ive heard that he served under 7 different offensive coordinators in san fran in 7 years. That's tough, i think if he had some stability early in his career he could've been something.

Craic
09-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Kudos to another person on ESPN's message board for pointing this out.

Arnaz Battle is not listed on the team's roster.

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

Looks like a waste of $1 million.

Naa, I think it was probably pretty hard to see both Sanders and Brown on the horizon when Battle was chosen. Think of it as a good insurance policy. Sure, we didn't have to use it, but it was nice to have just in case.

7willBheaven
09-04-2010, 01:26 AM
He could be cut...as someone said when they signed him...they didnt know who or what they could get in the draft. Though it could easily be a typo...as thats happened before...they still had Parker on the roster for a while until i complained then they fixed that and a couple other issues. Someone could have accidently deleted him...who knows...we'll find out soon enough.

Wallace108
09-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Naa, I think it was probably pretty hard to see both Sanders and Brown on the horizon when Battle was chosen. Think of it as a good insurance policy. Sure, we didn't have to use it, but it was nice to have just in case.

Exactly. If Sanders and Brown had both been complete busts, we'd be needing Battle right now. I kinda like the way it worked out.

Galax Steeler
09-04-2010, 06:26 AM
I guess we will see alot of Sanders and Brown now. I love who we have a the receiving position. Our passing game should be up there with the best this year.

SteelerSal
09-04-2010, 07:01 AM
I guess we will see alot of Sanders and Brown now. I love who we have a the receiving position. Our passing game should be up there with the best this year.

I agree...and just how are we suppose to get back to being a running team?
Sucks that we are gonna be a threat both on the ground and in the air. :grin:

Butch
09-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Passing game better be good we have B.A still and I'm still not convinced he knows how to use the run effectively. I am excited to see what these new guys bring to the game, and can't wait to see Redman in with Mendy as well.

SteelerSal
09-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Passing game better be good we have B.A still and I'm still not convinced he knows how to use the run effectively. I am excited to see what these new guys bring to the game, and can't wait to see Redman in with Mendy as well.

It should be a fun, exciting year once Ben gets back on the field.

Texasteel
09-04-2010, 07:18 AM
I would say kudos to the Steeler for deciding that a promising young WR is worth more than worrying about a wasted pay check.

ALLD
09-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Battle was pretty good in the pre-season and has good hands. If indeed he is gone it is because of numbers and not because of effort. Where does this leave Sweed when he reutrns next year?

steelpride12
09-04-2010, 08:35 AM
If Battle is gone Im not worried he should be able to make another team pretty easily. He has great hands and can still compete. It's a good situation for the Steelers though we have the young talent in Sanders, and Brown who impressed all preseason and vets like ARE and Ward who always come through in the clutch.

GoSlash27
09-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I hate to see Battle go if it's true, but having too many talented rookies is a good thing.

Kaeg
09-04-2010, 08:49 AM
It's a shame we have so much talent in certain areas that we have to let good talent go. I think I support it, (If it's really true.) because we have a lot of youth developing to look forward to. In a close call, I'd say it's mostly the better decision to go with the future.

Raleigh Steel
09-04-2010, 08:59 AM
...if only we had this much talent on the O-line...

SteelerEmpire
09-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Yes. We have an AAA corps of WR's this year. The O-line seems to be working better in both run and pass situations. The RB's seem top notch and of course the defense is back with Troy and the Harrison-Woodley duo has stepped up.
Special teams looks sharp and both kickers are doing their jobs well. Outside of Ben being suspended and the Defensive side of the field with McFadden, I feel pretty good about the ideas and approach Tomlin is using so far... Man. So far, so good...

LLT
09-04-2010, 09:12 AM

This.

SteelerSal
09-04-2010, 09:14 AM

and D-line also.

If Randle El was the one cut instead of Battle, I think it would not bother me like I'm not bothered by the release of Arnaz.
Aside from Hines, I'm ready for a youth movement.

SteelerFanInStl
09-04-2010, 09:46 AM
We'll find out later today. One of the reasons that Battle was signed was for his special teams play. If he gets cut it means that the other players have stepped it up on ST, which I didn't necessarily see in the preseason.

SteelerFanInStl
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I just noticed that Frank the Tank is listed on that roster and it's already been reported that he was cut.

Chidi29
09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I would say kudos to the Steeler for deciding that a promising young WR is worth more than worrying about a wasted pay check.

Could have kept him and the two rookies.

Texasteel
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Could have kept him and the two rookies.

Probably could have, but It looks like he was the WR that they least wanted to keep.

BuddhaBus
09-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm fine with the decision to go with youth. Battle looked good in the preseason, but so did the rooks. May as well go with the future.

cold-hard-steel
09-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Battle was not cut.

SteelerFanInStl
09-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Battle was not cut.

Right. He made the team. I like what I see of Battle.