PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Wants To Play Next Week Versus Arians, Cardinals

polamalubeast
10-13-2015, 07:40 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/report-roethlisberger-wants-to-play-next-week-versus-arians-cardinals/

EzraTank
10-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Never going to happen. And despite Vick's last 5 minutes he still blows and I want Ben back more than ever but bringing him back now would be stupid.

Steelman
10-13-2015, 08:55 AM
I dunno, I'd take a one-legged Ben over half the starting quarterbacks in the league.

fansince'76
10-13-2015, 08:57 AM
I want him to play too.

katmandu
10-13-2015, 09:09 AM
I dunno, I'd take a one-legged Ben over half the starting quarterbacks in the league.Me too but I'm very concerned about him reaggravating that MCL and putting him back on the bench for a bunch more weeks.

You KNOW assholes like Suggs and Suh will be targeting his knee every chance they get !

TD's & Beer
10-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Ben should continue as offensive coordinator for another week.

As cautious they are with Shazier and Bryant...why would your franchise QB be treated differently?

Of course, if Ben says he's ready, I'd take his judgement under advisement....this is his team.

Texasteel
10-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Under advisement , yes, but Ben is sure a competitor that he might push himself when he shouldn't. I would rather error on the side of safety right now. We are going to need him more at the end of the season that in the next couple of games. I'm glad I don't have make this call.

Merchant
10-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Not with the way Arizona's defense is playing. They're definitely going to get through for a few sacks, making the injury worse.

Settle down Ben. You'll get back in there soon.

tube517
10-13-2015, 10:27 AM
We just need to ride this out. Don't need to bring him back too early. Of course, we all want him back but not too early and risk damaging the rest of the season and his knee

TD's & Beer
10-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Start Bell at QB in the wishbone with Vick and AB as his wingmen

C'mon Ben - draw it up in the dirt!

Rotorhead
10-13-2015, 10:36 AM
I doubt it will be this week, I am hoping for KC though. I would like to win this game, but we don't need it really (assuming our offense starts playing well again once Ben returns). Who knows, once MB returns maybe Vick now has enough confidence to complete some passes downfield, which will open up running lanes!

steel striker
10-13-2015, 10:44 AM
We all know Ben will lobby to play through any injury and, I still remember him play through that ankle sprain against the Niners power outage game a few years ago.

86WARD
10-13-2015, 11:04 AM
I'd love to see him play...if he was healthy...

teegre
10-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Start Bell at QB

I kind of agree.

For a season: no

For a game or two: yes

Mach1
10-13-2015, 11:24 AM
I'd love for him to play but not at the expense of getting him killed

StillCurtains
10-13-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm afraid that we're going to have to take this loss. I'm pulling for Vick but I don't see any way we can pull this out with him. He's not far along enough to do it and although I appreciate him coming up clutch in the end with the help of Ben, if he makes some of the throws he made last night, he has the potential for 5 picks.

I seen this coming. Ben knows what type of team Arizona is and knows we can't beat them with Vick, so now he's getting ants in his pants. Tomlin's going to have to intervene and stop him. Funny how Ben doesn't know how to study film and read defenses.

He's also a better leader than Golden Boy. I never see Golden Boy Tom coaching up the backup the way Ben did while he is out. I haven't seen it with Cassel in 2008 and I haven't seen it in the preseason with Gorappolo either. Funny because he never had that treatment when he got his chance. Bledsoe coached him up through the rest of the 2001 season.

Psycho Ward 86
10-13-2015, 12:28 PM
i have no strong urge to have him back until we have the bengals game coming up.

j-d-s
10-13-2015, 12:44 PM
I kind of agree.

For a season: no

For a game or two: yes

I'm wondering why Tomlin didn't let Bell throw the Ball on one of those Wildcat plays. He probably would not complete it, but at least it's not an obvious running play. If there is one AB split wide and you have to fear Bell might throw to him, you better cover him...

Count Steeler
10-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Don't get caught up in the euphoria. Ben, relax and get to at least 95%. If this was a playoff game, different threshold, but this is the 6th game with 10 more still to play. Sit and let this team gel some more.

teegre
10-13-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm wondering why Tomlin didn't let Bell throw the Ball on one of those Wildcat plays. He probably would not complete it, but at least it's not an obvious running play. If there is one AB split wide and you have to fear Bell might throw to him, you better cover him...

That's coming. They have run that play three times, all for positive rushing yards. Soon, Bell will pass it to Vick (the CB barely even covered him) for a BIG play.

Count Steeler
10-13-2015, 01:40 PM
That's coming. They have run that play three times, all for positive rushing yards. Soon, Bell will pass it to Vick (the CB barely even covered him) for a BIG play.

Shhhhh! Be very, very quiet. It's duck season.

teegre
10-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Shhhhh! Be very, very quiet. It's duck season.

:wink02:

ALLD
10-13-2015, 02:49 PM
We would need a flying circus to beat the Cards.