PDA

View Full Version : Week 6:Arizona Cardinals(4-1)

polamalubeast
10-13-2015, 07:26 AM
The good news is that this games is not a must win.

But of course, it will be a challenge, since the cards offense have scored at least 40 points three times this year.It'll be a test for this defense.

I am not saying that the steelers will win, but I think the game could be close especially with the way that Bell and the defense plays right now

Shoes
10-13-2015, 07:27 AM
If Shazier and McCullers get off the pine plank that will sure help.

Steeldude
10-13-2015, 07:32 AM
If Shazier and McCullers get off the pine plank that will sure help.

I doubt Shazier will play. Bryant will miss another too.

I think they need to get Landry ready when Vick falls apart again.

Rotorhead
10-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Well if Shazier and Big Mac can play, our def will be that much more solid. I think we can hold them to less than 30 so we will need an off performance we have yet to see with Vick. If MB returns, plus some renewed confidence Vick has this has the chance to be a close game. We need to connect on some deep shots to keep the opposing defense solid and not stacking the box. Lets hope our injury bug is finally letting loose and we start getting key players back each week!

86WARD
10-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Here's the thing...the Steelers know Carson Palmer very well. He also knows them very well...however, the Steelers have gotten the best of him on many more than one occasion. The Steelers D is also very familiar with the Offense Arizona is running. That's not necessarily vice versa. Arizona, traditionally, isn't the same team on the east coast that they are on the west coast...I think the steelers have a better shot here than their typical playing down to KC in KC.

Steelerschik
10-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Here's the thing...the Steelers know Carson Palmer very well. He also knows them very well...however, the Steelers have gotten the best of him on many more than one occasion. The Steelers D is also very familiar with the Offense Arizona is running. That's not necessarily vice versa. Arizona, traditionally, isn't the same team on the east coast that they are on the west coast...I think the steelers have a better shot here than their typical playing down to KC in KC.

True, but all that said I'm not sold on AZ at all. Kinda like the Bengals. I know the Steelers are struggling now, but I just feel they can eek out a win here too. It's Carson freakin Palmer not the second coming of Brady. I would hope they have enough confidence in themselves after proving they CAN win and want to make up for that should have been win against the Ravens at home that they come out fired up and bring Pittsburgh West back down to earth. I have to laugh how their fans talk about Vick being old, but Palmer is the exact same age. And when did those "fans" become so cocky? They do realize they're full of our cast offs don't they?

Psycho Ward 86
10-13-2015, 12:25 PM
I think we'll drop this one and win another nailbiter next week at Arrowhead Stadium without Ben. And i would be ok with that.

That defense is going to be way too much. Its 100x better than any of the previous defenses. Vick already looked awful against some really bad ravens and chargers defenses. He was fortunate to not be the game goat last night after throwing 2-3 passes that should have been pretty easy interceptions (one of them would have been an easy pick 6). I hear they have a few defensive injuries but none of them look like they'll be a real problem. They'll still have their key cogs like Tyrann Mathieu, Patrick Peterson, Calais Campbell, and Daryl Washington it looks like.

Then again the rams won with the strength of their D-line. If Tuitt and Heyward have their A-game going, we have a chance. We're going to have to catch some lucky breaks with Shazier and Bryant back to pull this off

86WARD
10-13-2015, 12:42 PM
If they come out 4-3, no matter how bad Vick played...that's what Inlook for from a back up.

polamalubeast
10-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Some stats for the Cardinals.

They first in the NFL in scoring (38 PPG)

114.0 is the QB rating by Carson Palmer.

Their running game is great (5.0 YPC, best in the NFL).

The cards are also first for the interceptions in defense with 11.

Their only weakness is perhaps their run defense.This is not bad, but not great too

Rotorhead
10-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Well they did lose to the Rams, so maybe we can find some takeaways from that game this week. We will need some offensive production if we want to win this week.

Rotorhead
10-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Looking at their schedule, the played the Saints (1 win and worst def in nfl so far), Rams (2 wins and they lost), 49ers (1 win), Lions (0 wins) and Bears (2 wins). So it is not like they were playing / beating power houses. Hell, the Pats have almost more wins then all the above teams combined. We also crushed the 49ers and beat the Rams while losing our QB during the game. All the sudden they don't look like the team their record shows so much. Give us Ben against those teams and we are probably 5-0 . . . just sayin.

teegre
10-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Looking at their schedule, the played the Saints (1 win and worst def in nfl so far), Rams (2 wins and they lost), 49ers (1 win), Lions (0 wins) and Bears (2 wins). So it is not like they were playing / beating power houses. Hell, the Pats have almost more wins then all the above teams combined. We also crushed the 49ers and beat the Rams while losing our QB during the game. All the sudden they don't look like the team their record shows so much. Give us Ben against those teams and we are probably 5-0 . . . just sayin.

Exactly.

Without BB, the Cardinals are formidable, but not unbeatable.

polamalubeast
10-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Exactly.

Without BB, the Cardinals are formidable, but not unbeatable.

agree

hawaiiansteeler
10-13-2015, 03:38 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/57357809.jpg

86WARD
10-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Chris Johnson is quietly having a nice year.

polamalubeast
10-13-2015, 04:09 PM

TeeTee
10-13-2015, 09:46 PM

Maybe/probably. But we don't have Ben. Unfortunately, you don't get to play your perfect line up; you have to play with who you got available. What did Rummy say about having to go to war with the army you have, not with the one you wish you had?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jPgljRvzQw

st33lersguy
10-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Anyone else feel the Steelers have a greater shot at winning this game than the Kansas City game after this one?

Psycho Ward 86
10-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Anyone else feel the Steelers have a greater shot at winning this game than the Kansas City game after this one?

hell no. the arrowhead stadium advantage pretty much doesnt even exist anymore the past few years. you know its meaningless when even the bears can take you out.

sure, the cardinals have beat up on some bad teams. but they beat them about as thoroughly as any fan could wish they could. 40+ points in succession like they've been doing is no mistake. And that defense has some freaks at every level

st33lersguy
10-13-2015, 10:33 PM
hell no. the arrowhead stadium advantage pretty much doesnt even exist anymore the past few years. you know its meaningless when even the bears can take you out.

sure, the cardinals have beat up on some bad teams. but they beat them about as thoroughly as any fan could wish they could. 40+ points in succession like they've been doing is no mistake. And that defense has some freaks at every level

I know the Cardinals are infinitely better than the Chiefs, I also know the Steelers play both up and down to their competition.

Shoes
10-13-2015, 10:49 PM

I don't ever remember Johnson playing well against the Steelers.

hawaiiansteeler
10-14-2015, 12:16 AM

should have drafted Chris Johnson instead of Rashard Mendenhall...:stirthepot:

BigBen2004
10-14-2015, 02:26 AM
Unfortunately, I'm expecting a loss, but I hope I'm wrong.

I believe the offense will score a good amount of points. Three weeks in with Vick bodes well for this group. And I love what he said after Monday nights game. He said, "I'm tired of second guessing myself." Once he started to let it fly, he was clutch. He's still got some left in the tank, but Todd Haley's play calling with him under center has been atrocious. I'm sick of these "trick" plays and obvious running formations. It seemed like we were quite predictable at times on Monday. Hell, I even knew what play they were running!
Shazier and Big Dan will be back, I'm almost certain of that. I expect this game to come down to a big defensive play or two. The question is, which team makes the play?

If our defense can come up with that big play, it will truly show how much they've grown. Palmer is no slouch, but we know him VERY well.
I'm hoping Ben has a hand in the play calls again this week, because we need it.

I don't have high hopes for this game, but I hope the Steelers prove me wrong. Here's hoping that they do!
Cheers fellow Steelers fans! We're in for a special season..

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 06:43 AM
I feel the Steelers win this even with Vick. The more time Vick plays and the more confidence he builds is promising. I can't get past the fact it's still Carson Palmer and Arizona. Playing good now but will fizzle out much like Cincy and the Panthers (unfortunately). Without Ben I think a squeak of a win is possible if not probable. These aren't the Pats, they're the freakin Cardinals. With Ben AZ would be brought back to earth from the little fantasy they have going on right now. Comedic gold is their forum. Sound like a bunch of little immature, uneducated football know-it-all wannabes. They have Carson scoring 40+ points on us when Brady couldn't even do that the first game of the season or even Rivers on Monday, both who are light years better than Palmer. I know our secondary is suspect, but why should I think Palmer (sorry I just can't stand this prick almost as much as Brady) can score that much if the other 2 didn't? Answer is I don't. Steelers should absolutely win this if they don't have a total meltdown.

86WARD
10-14-2015, 07:39 AM
At this stage, Rivers isn't light years better than Palmer. You underestimate Palmer. He's playing good football and he was last year until he got injured.

Drazo85
10-14-2015, 08:12 AM
I feel the Steelers win this even with Vick. The more time Vick plays and the more confidence he builds is promising. I can't get past the fact it's still Carson Palmer and Arizona. Playing good now but will fizzle out much like Cincy and the Panthers (unfortunately). Without Ben I think a squeak of a win is possible if not probable. These aren't the Pats, they're the freakin Cardinals. With Ben AZ would be brought back to earth from the little fantasy they have going on right now. Comedic gold is their forum. Sound like a bunch of little immature, uneducated football know-it-all wannabes. They have Carson scoring 40+ points on us when Brady couldn't even do that the first game of the season or even Rivers on Monday, both who are light years better than Palmer. I know our secondary is suspect, but why should I think Palmer (sorry I just can't stand this prick almost as much as Brady) can score that much if the other 2 didn't? Answer is I don't. Steelers should absolutely win this if they don't have a total meltdown.

I have watched couple of Cardinals games this season and they not the ofense people think they are. They are efficient, i give them credit for that, but they have 11 interceptions already (three of them were pick 6), and most of these are puting them in great positions to score TDs. So they are good on offense, but not good as everybody are saying. Key would be turnovers and how to avoid them, not to give the Cards field position they can take advantage of. Their defense vs Steelers ofense is the matchup that is crucial to the outcome of this game. Vick has been lucky last three game with turnovers, and i hope he can stay lucky for at least four more quarters.

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 08:19 AM
At this stage, Rivers isn't light years better than Palmer. You underestimate Palmer. He's playing good football and he was last year until he got injured.

Not underestimating Palmer, but I do think Rivers is better. Ok maybe not light years, but Brady definitely is. And Palmer usually always plays decent ball early on. I still feel the Steelers can do enough, not anything remarkable, but just enough to limit him. Palmer and the Cards scoring 40 is a bit of a stretch.

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 08:29 AM
I have watched couple of Cardinals games this season and they not the ofense people think they are. They are efficient, i give them credit for that, but they have 11 interceptions already (three of them were pick 6), and most of these are puting them in great positions to score TDs. So they are good on offense, but not good as everybody are saying. Key would be turnovers and how to avoid them, not to give the Cards field position they can take advantage of. Their defense vs Steelers ofense is the matchup that is crucial to the outcome of this game. Vick has been lucky last three game with turnovers, and i hope he can stay lucky for at least four more quarters.

You have definitely watched more of them than I have, in fact haven't watched them at all. The teams the cards are winning against are the ones the Steelers usually lay an egg for, but SHOULD beat if they could get their heads out of their asses. And if Vick continues to be lucky I'll accept that. That's all he has to be to get us through Ben's injury, lucky enough that is. I would like to see him and AB's chemistry improve though. I like having Ben on the sidelines, gives me a bit more of a comfort zone. Fingers crossed the D can do just enough to win, that's all, nothing much. I also like the heart this team showed Monday. Sometimes they lack that too much, but to see them rallying around each other like that is essential, builds confidence.

I feel like this they're coming off a (at least what I consider) a big win Monday, although not a pretty one. Winning on the West Coast isn't one of the Steelers strong points. Hoping they build off that momentum that they CAN win with Vick in there in front of the home crowd. That's not asking too much, or is it???

azcardsdingus
10-14-2015, 09:33 AM

If you beat us with Vick @ QB, I'll tip my hat to the Steelers, but don't think it's gonna be easy. I know you think we're a bunch of cast-off, punks, etc.... but how much have you actually watched us play?? Here's a little sneak preview:

We currently LEAD the entire NFL in rushing YPC with a rejuvenated Chris Johnson. When he needs a breather, we bring in Andre Ellington who was, before getting hurt, the focal point of our offense- blazing speed and big play capability. They are getting 100 + ypg behind a big, physical, O-line that is coming together as a unit now that All-Pro Mike Iupati (who is a beast in the run game) and Bobby Massie are back.
In the passing game, we have blazing John "Smokey" Brown who is virtually uncoverable and has great rapport with Palmer, and then a guy named Larry Fitzgerald who is a lock for Hall of Fame...leads the NFL in TD's, catches just about everything thrown near him, not to mention is a monster blocking outside. Deal with them, and we'll throw Michael Floyd at you... that's a lot of talented weapons to cover by a defensive secondary that is admittedly suspect.
Our Defense is, and has been, highly ranked in the NFL for the past 3 seasons against the run. Calais Campbell up front is a force, and is routinely wreaking havoc in opponents backfields. A guy you probably know very little about is Deonne Buchannon, 2nd year safety playing LB for us out of Washington State. Dude is a HITTER! He's got a knack for hitting gaps and bringing down ball carriers. You'll find out very quickly that the Cardinals are extremely proficient in tackling...they don't miss much. Our secondary is the strength of the defense. Michael Vick has to be accurate on his balls or you will see Cardinal defenders running the other way with intercepted balls. Honey Badger and Patrick Peterson are playing out of their minds right now...good luck with those two.
Finally, we are well coached. You know Bruce Arians well. He's only won Coach of the Year 2 of the last 3 seasons. Our players love him and they know he wants this game BADLY. They are going to play their hearts out this game.... there is going to be immediate intensity by the Cardinals.
To me, this comes down to whether we play our game or not. If we do, I see this game getting out of hand. If we are sluggish, it could be close and go either way.

teegre
10-14-2015, 10:03 AM
A guy you probably know very little about is Deonne Buchannon, 2nd year safety playing LB for us out of Washington State. Dude is a HITTER! He's got a knack for hitting gaps and bringing down ball carriers.

I know all about him.

Don't get me wrong: I like Shazier, but he's the guy that I wanted.

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 10:03 AM
If you beat us with Vick @ QB, I'll tip my hat to the Steelers, but don't think it's gonna be easy. I know you think we're a bunch of cast-off, punks, etc.... but how much have you actually watched us play?? Here's a little sneak preview:

We currently LEAD the entire NFL in rushing YPC with a rejuvenated Chris Johnson. When he needs a breather, we bring in Andre Ellington who was, before getting hurt, the focal point of our offense- blazing speed and big play capability. They are getting 100 + ypg behind a big, physical, O-line that is coming together as a unit now that All-Pro Mike Iupati (who is a beast in the run game) and Bobby Massie are back.
In the passing game, we have blazing John "Smokey" Brown who is virtually uncoverable and has great rapport with Palmer, and then a guy named Larry Fitzgerald who is a lock for Hall of Fame...leads the NFL in TD's, catches just about everything thrown near him, not to mention is a monster blocking outside. Deal with them, and we'll throw Michael Floyd at you... that's a lot of talented weapons to cover by a defensive secondary that is admittedly suspect.
Our Defense is, and has been, highly ranked in the NFL for the past 3 seasons against the run. Calais Campbell up front is a force, and is routinely wreaking havoc in opponents backfields. A guy you probably know very little about is Deonne Buchannon, 2nd year safety playing LB for us out of Washington State. Dude is a HITTER! He's got a knack for hitting gaps and bringing down ball carriers. You'll find out very quickly that the Cardinals are extremely proficient in tackling...they don't miss much. Our secondary is the strength of the defense. Michael Vick has to be accurate on his balls or you will see Cardinal defenders running the other way with intercepted balls. Honey Badger and Patrick Peterson are playing out of their minds right now...good luck with those two.
Finally, we are well coached. You know Bruce Arians well. He's only won Coach of the Year 2 of the last 3 seasons. Our players love him and they know he wants this game BADLY. They are going to play their hearts out this game.... there is going to be immediate intensity by the Cardinals.
To me, this comes down to whether we play our game or not. If we do, I see this game getting out of hand. If we are sluggish, it could be close and go either way.

While I respect your breakdown of your team and an explanation of the team, you make it sound as though the Steelers are about to face the all world, unbeatable Cardinals. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful manner, but they aren't. The Pats are the team to beat in this league and as poorly as I believe the Steelers played against them, they came within 7 and held their own. The Steelers will no doubt struggle on offense without Big Ben Roethlisburger (or Rapistburger as some of your very mature ignorant fans so originally like to refer to him), but they aren't going to lay down either. If the game didn't get out of hand with the Patriots, I don't believe it will get out of hand with the Cardinals, with or without Ben or the other starters they're missing. And I'm quite sure the Steelers know there is going to be "immediate intensity" by the Cardinals. Last I checked all teams in the NFL play with immediate intensity, doesn't make the Cardinals any different or any more special. The Steelers are also familiar with Palmer and Arians. I am not confident or unconfident about the game, I'm indifferent, but in the end it's another regular season game the Steelers will do their best to prepare for that happens to be against an NFC opponent, so a loss would not be the end of the world. I am not shaking in my shoes saying "oh my God we're about to face the Cardinals", which your post seems to think many of us should, but sorry, we've been through countless years of success and know how to handle wins or losses. Be what it may, I believe the Steelers have just enough to win and if they don't, well onto the next opponent.

azcardsdingus
10-14-2015, 10:25 AM
While I respect your breakdown of your team and an explanation of the team, you make it sound as though the Steelers are about to face the all world, unbeatable Cardinals. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful manner, but they aren't. The Pats are the team to beat in this league and as poorly as I believe the Steelers played against them, they came within 7 and held their own. The Steelers will no doubt struggle on offense without Big Ben Roethlisburger (or Rapistburger as some of your very mature ignorant fans so originally like to refer to him), but they aren't going to lay down either. If the game didn't get out of hand with the Patriots, I don't believe it will get out of hand with the Cardinals, with or without Ben or the other starters they're missing. And I'm quite sure the Steelers know there is going to be "immediate intensity" by the Cardinals. Last I checked all teams in the NFL play with immediate intensity, doesn't make the Cardinals any different or any more special. The Steelers are also familiar with Palmer and Arians. I am not confident or unconfident about the game, I'm indifferent, but in the end it's another regular season game the Steelers will do their best to prepare for that happens to be against an NFC opponent, so a loss would not be the end of the world. I am not shaking in my shoes saying "oh my God we're about to face the Cardinals", which your post seems to think many of us should, but sorry, we've been through countless years of success and know how to handle wins or losses. Be what it may, I believe the Steelers have just enough to win and if they don't, well onto the next opponent.

I never meant to imply that we were "all world, unbeatable"...we're clearly not unbeatable since the Rams did, in fact, beat us. I'm just saying what's clearly obvious...we are a very very good team that has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The same team we just dismantled last week on their home field was the same team that almost upset the Seahawks at CenturyLink the week prior. Everyone wants to discount what we've done by saying we've played garbage.... these are still NFL teams out there. The Bears team we destroyed played Green Bay tight for 3 quarters. The Niners we demolished just took the Giants (who pundits suddenly love) to the last play.
Obviously, the Cardinals don't have the same fanbase as Pittsburgh- we are a city of transplants, and our history as a franchise has been marked with losing. But the fans we do have are loyal, and as knowledgable as any other.

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 10:41 AM
I never meant to imply that we were "all world, unbeatable"...we're clearly not unbeatable since the Rams did, in fact, beat us. I'm just saying what's clearly obvious...we are a very very good team that has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The same team we just dismantled last week on their home field was the same team that almost upset the Seahawks at CenturyLink the week prior. Everyone wants to discount what we've done by saying we've played garbage.... these are still NFL teams out there. The Bears team we destroyed played Green Bay tight for 3 quarters. The Niners we demolished just took the Giants (who pundits suddenly love) to the last play.
Obviously, the Cardinals don't have the same fanbase as Pittsburgh- we are a city of transplants, and our history as a franchise has been marked with losing. But the fans we do have are loyal, and as knowlegable as any other.

You sound like a very good, loyal fan to your team and I always admire that. And I personally NEVER discredit any wins, regardless of how bad the team is. Those are the teams the Steelers typically lose against and I could never figure out why, but it's beyond frustrating. So finally beating up on a team like the 49ers this year is something I feel they should do. As much as I can't stand the Seahawks, any team that plays them and beats them becomes my favorite at that time. And don't get me wrong either, even though I haven't watched any Cards games this year, I know they're a good team, I just don't put a lot into a season after 5 games. I also realize the Steelers will have their hands full Sunday, but I feel that way every week. The Steelers are missing a few key players, they have to play everyone like they're about to enter the SB and find ways to win and Monday's win might just give them much needed momentum. That's why I feel in my heart they have just enough to win, not in a dominant fashion obviously, but possibly a nail biter. Whether they do or not is a different story, but I can only speak for me, I believe the Steelers can win every week with or without their starters, ESPECIALLY at home. But we'll see what Sunday brings. I'd like to wish the Cardinals a an injury free game, and hopefully my team can avoid anymore injuries. My heart can't handle it. Enjoy the game!

fansince'76
10-14-2015, 10:42 AM
I never meant to imply that we were "all world, unbeatable"...we're clearly not unbeatable since the Rams did, in fact, beat us. I'm just saying what's clearly obvious...we are a very very good team that has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The same team we just dismantled last week on their home field was the same team that almost upset the Seahawks at CenturyLink the week prior. Everyone wants to discount what we've done by saying we've played garbage.... these are still NFL teams out there. The Bears team we destroyed played Green Bay tight for 3 quarters. The Niners we demolished just took the Giants (who pundits suddenly love) to the last play. Obviously, the Cardinals don't have the same fanbase as Pittsburgh- we are a city of transplants, and our history as a franchise has been marked with losing. But the fans we do have are loyal, and as knowledgable as any other.I've already chalked this up as a probable win for you guys, solely for the Arians factor. I know how badly he wants revenge.

azcardsdingus
10-14-2015, 10:45 AM
I had all the injuries I can stand last season. We were 9-1 with a 3 game division lead when Palmer went down! The Super Bowl was being played in OUR HOUSE. I thought last year we were gonna make history. I too hope that the game is played without any injuries! Maybe we'll see you again, at full strength, in Santa Clara??

steel striker
10-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Without a healthy Ben I just don't see our guys putting up enough points to win this one.

Steelerschik
10-14-2015, 10:53 AM
I had all the injuries I can stand last season. We were 9-1 with a 3 game division lead when Palmer went down! The Super Bowl was being played in OUR HOUSE. I thought last year we were gonna make history. I too hope that the game is played without any injuries! Maybe we'll see you again, at full strength, in Santa Clara??

Hahaha, let's not get carried away! I'm hoping just to get a WC seed in the POs, and that seems like a far off fantasy right now. I do remember how the Card's season crashed after Palmer got hurt, so you know all too well what playing without your star is like. Sucks, but gotta prepare for the worse but hope for the best. I have to admit I'm much happier this game is being played at home rather than AZ, even though home field doesn't seem to be an advantage here sometimes.

Rotorhead
10-14-2015, 11:25 AM
I am not expecting a win either, however, the teams you have played and beat, so did we. We also beat the Rams while losing our QB so there's that. I think you may underestimate the Steelers team also. Yes we are without our star QB (you know what that is like) but we also have probably have the best RB in the league, who got over 100+ yards against a team putting 8 in the box just to stop him. We are also getting out #2 WR back finally as well as one of our top ILB's. Our secondary is suspect, however they are better than last year. We have one of the top OL's in the game and that is without our probowl center. If Vick can sync with AB, you def better watch out cause AB is at the least in the top 3 WRs in the game. Without Ben, this game is probably a loss, but I think it will be closer than you think.

TeeTee
10-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Without a healthy Ben I just don't see our guys putting up enough points to win this one.

It really is that simple. A Vick-led team cannot score much, period. We will only put up 10-17 points in this one. With Ben? We put up 28 - 35.

86WARD
10-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Not underestimating Palmer, but I do think Rivers is better. Ok maybe not light years, but Brady definitely is. And Palmer usually always plays decent ball early on. I still feel the Steelers can do enough, not anything remarkable, but just enough to limit him. Palmer and the Cards scoring 40 is a bit of a stretch.

I'd agree with that.

tube517
10-14-2015, 02:28 PM
I've already chalked this up as a probable win for you guys, solely for the Arians factor. I know how badly he wants revenge.

Arians' hat > Tomlin's shades ???? :chuckle:

azcardsdingus
10-14-2015, 02:45 PM
If there are no turnovers, I don't think we'll drive the field enough times to lay a 40-burger on you...so I would agree that it's a stretch. However, IF Vick turns the ball over and gives us short fields and/or defensive scores, then I think a 40-burger is very reasonable. Vick has history of playing poorly vs. Arizona- I've seen him play us with Philly...gave up 30+ to a team with Kevin Kolb at QB! Kevin Kolb!!!! breathe that in.

StillCurtains
10-14-2015, 03:19 PM
If they come out 4-3, no matter how bad Vick played...that's what Inlook for from a back up.

They may be true, but 4-3 can be very damaging for this team with 9 games left to play. When you add the questionable status of Ben's return and having the toughest schedule in the league, 4-3 is far from us being out of the woods. We actually need wins now.

The report is that Bryant and Shazier will be back so that will help, but I just don't see us pulling this out vs Arizona. Arians will be pulling out all stops for this one with his bitter dismissal. I'm also sure he is salivating at the bit of facing Vick.

I know alot of their scoring is due to being very opportunistic from defensive turnovers, but that is the main issue that we face. Peterson will man up AB all game which will wipe him out. I'm not saying AB can't beat his coverage because he can beat anyone. The problem lies that with someone like Peterson covering you, your throws need to be extremely accurate. As we have seen, Vick's throws have been erratic. The would be picks vs San Diego will be sure picks vs Arizona.

So with Peterson on AB, I see them playing 8 in the box to stop Bell with a single high safety look. I feel that Bryant and Hey Bey are the x factors in this game. They are our 2 primary deep threats and that is Vick's strength. These 2 must win their matchups. We need to pop Arizona with at least 4 deep throws to back them off of Bell and free AB and Wheaton underneath.

We MAY be able to keep it close, but I just don't see any more than that. This is a very tall order.

steelreserve
10-14-2015, 03:46 PM

Wow, I wasn't paying attention to that. They have literally played 4 out of 5 games against the worst teams in the league (I count the Bears among them), and at least three of them don't have any offense. It may not be quite the one-sided affair some are thinking. Although being down to our backup QB definitely means they have the advantage.

teegre
10-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Arians is extra-motivated. I get that.

People are forgetting that Tomlin might be extra-motivated, as well.

Rotorhead
10-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Everyone keeps saying it our backup QB, Vick is our 3rd stringer lol, our backup is out too remember. Hell, if we had our backup, I am pretty sure we would have been Balty and the Chargers game would have been over at halftime.

86WARD
10-14-2015, 04:30 PM
They may be true, but 4-3 can be very damaging for this team with 9 games left to play. When you add the questionable status of Ben's return and having the toughest schedule in the league, 4-3 is far from us being out of the woods. We actually need wins now.

The report is that Bryant and Shazier will be back so that will help, but I just don't see us pulling this out vs Arizona. Arians will be pulling out all stops for this one with his bitter dismissal. I'm also sure he is salivating at the bit of facing Vick.

I know alot of their scoring is due to being very opportunistic from defensive turnovers, but that is the main issue that we face. Peterson will man up AB all game which will wipe him out. I'm not saying AB can't beat his coverage because he can beat anyone. The problem lies that with someone like Peterson covering you, your throws need to be extremely accurate. As we have seen, Vick's throws have been erratic. The would be picks vs San Diego will be sure picks vs Arizona.

So with Peterson on AB, I see them playing 8 in the box to stop Bell with a single high safety look. I feel that Bryant and Hey Bey are the x factors in this game. They are our 2 primary deep threats and that is Vick's strength. These 2 must win their matchups. We need to pop Arizona with at least 4 deep throws to back them off of Bell and free AB and Wheaton underneath.

We MAY be able to keep it close, but I just don't see any more than that. This is a very tall order.

You're asking for more than you should from a street free agent. 2-2 over a 4 game stretch is ideal for a backup QB...especially one that has never been with the team before.

StillCurtains
10-14-2015, 08:24 PM
You're asking for more than you should from a street free agent. 2-2 over a 4 game stretch is ideal for a backup QB...especially one that has never been with the team before.

No, Im just saying I hope we can somehow pull out a win because a third loss this early in the season will be very damaging with our schedule. We would pretty much have to go 8-2 the rest of the way after that. That's alot to ask. I don't think 10-6 is a lock to get in.

fansince'76
10-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Arians' hat > Tomlin's shades ???? :chuckle:

Don't forget the nasal sunscreen...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/fjxcnvyikexh9fas7wgj.jpg

:lol:

Shoes
10-14-2015, 08:45 PM

Chris Johnson has never played well against the Steelers.

2008 yards rushing 69
2009 - 57
2010 - 34
2011 - 51
2012 - 91
2013 - 70
2014 - 23

Even *Jarvis Jones* got a piece of Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoniQkj8rLw

As for everything else you said, they still have to play the game.

If the Steeler D gets it in gear and Ben gets to call the plays, we win. :chuckle:

*Sluggish* Cardinals or not.

azcardsdingus
10-15-2015, 08:45 AM

2008 yards rushing 69
2009 - 57
2010 - 34
2011 - 51
2012 - 91
2013 - 70
2014 - 23

If the Steeler D gets it in gear and Ben gets to call the plays, we win. :chuckle:

Of course, the Steelers have never faced Chris Johnson on a team that has the passing attack the Cardinals have. You wanna stack the box to stop our run game, with Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown to contend with on the outside?? Sweet....good luck with that, I should probably pick up Palmer on my fantasy team cause he's gonna have a BIG day! Who cares if Ben calls plays or not....you still have to execute them.

fansince'76
10-15-2015, 10:09 AM
Of course, the Steelers have never faced Chris Johnson on a team that has the passing attack the Cardinals have. You wanna stack the box to stop our run game, with Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown to contend with on the outside?? Sweet....good luck with that, I should probably pick up Palmer on my fantasy team cause he's gonna have a BIG day! Who cares if Ben calls plays or not....you still have to execute them.

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself? :chuckle:

teegre
10-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Where's Kimo von Oelhoffen when you need him???

Edman
10-15-2015, 11:20 AM
It's the same thing. An opposing fan comes on the board wanting to "talk football" and it eventually turns into thinly veiled smack.

Okay Cards fan we get it, the Cards are a good team. I dont like the Steelers chances on Sunday either, but thats why they play the game.

azcardsdingus
10-15-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm not talkin' all kinds of crazy non-sense on your board! I think you'll find that my posts here are actually just responses to some of your fans/members who were talkin' smack about the Steelers or dissing the Cardinals. Even at that...it's all good natured, I would expect confidence from your fan base.

Steelerschik
10-15-2015, 11:43 AM
It's the same thing. An opposing fan comes on the board wanting to "talk football" and it eventually turns into thinly veiled smack.

Okay Cards fan we get it, the Cards are a good team. I dont like the Steelers chances on Sunday either, but thats why they play the game.

Yeah this one's ok. But you want to see some real gems, just read their forum. Lol. I would love nothing more for their overconfident, smug, cocky attitudes to be crushed and I would think they would be had we had not only Ben but all who we're missing. But then again I think I was reading crap by a bunch of mental midgets referring to Ben as Rapistburger, Rottenberger, Stealers. Stealers is my fav especially since AZ is literally Stealers West. Def not the sharpest tools in the shed over there, or a bunch of 13 year olds, but makes for some good comic reading. But this guy's pretty cool though.

Shoes
10-15-2015, 12:21 PM

So how many rushing yards will this *rejuvenated Chris Johnson* get on this great Cardinal passing attack team on Sunday?

Steelman
10-15-2015, 01:04 PM
Where's Kimo von Oelhoffen when you need him???

One warm visit from Mt. McCullers might have about the same effect. #squashed

Rotorhead
10-15-2015, 02:19 PM
I don't think we will have to stack the box to stop CJ, you will have to stack the box to stop Bell though. I think our pass rush will get to Palmer, just like it did to Rivers and everyone else this season, which will help against your passing attack. If it is the same Arians passing attack we had, long to develop routes, that is why Palmer got killed last season, and our pass rush will be the equalizer. Remember the Rams ran all over you guys, our rushing attack is 10x better than the Rams. We also held the top offense this season to their lowest scoring total this season, and 2 TDs can be attributed to missed assignments (which have been corrected). I don't see us winning either, but I certainly don't see a blowout coming.

teegre
10-15-2015, 03:02 PM
One warm visit from Mt. McCullers might have about the same effect. #squashed

Gilbert and DeCastro are also adept at shattering knees... but, only for players on their own team. :doh:

ALLD
10-15-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm not talkin' all kinds of crazy non-sense on your board! I think you'll find that my posts here are actually just responses to some of your fans/members who were talkin' smack about the Steelers or dissing the Cardinals. Even at that...it's all good natured, I would expect confidence from your fan base.

Win or lose, there are some Steeler fans that also like the Cards because we run similar systems. Heck, you have many of our former players and coaches. They call Arizona, Pittsburgh West. If the Steelers don't see the Cards in the post season, there will be a few fans on this board pulling for them.

hawaiiansteeler
10-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Burt Lauten ‏@SteelersPRBurt

Aaron Smith, one of the most underrated defensive stars in team history, will be an honorary co-captain for the #Steelers on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

86WARD
10-15-2015, 06:33 PM
So how many rushing yards will this *rejuvenated Chris Johnson* get on this great Cardinal passing attack team?

He's second in the league with Doug Martin in rushing yards...

Shoes
10-15-2015, 07:04 PM
He's second in the league with Doug Martin in rushing yards...

I was referring to his rushing yards in Sunday's game.

He was first in league back in his prime but did little against the Steelers. I don't expect any improvement in that pattern. If the D hits him hard as they have in past, he'll cower in as usual.

86WARD
10-15-2015, 07:25 PM
I was referring to his rushing yards in Sunday's game.

He was first in league back in his prime but did little against the Steelers. I don't expect any improvement in that pattern. If the D hits him hard as they have in past, he'll cower in as usual.

gotcha!

BigBen2004
10-15-2015, 09:39 PM
As much as I'm nervous about this game, the Cardinals aren't world beaters, by any stretch of the imagination.

They've beaten New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco. They have a combined record of 4-16.
Even with Vick, why is this game being viewed as "unwinnable" by all the pundits?
Our defense is a formidable unit. Ranked higher than Cincinnati in EVERY category, yet Cincinnati is invincible? It's hilarious to read all of this crap.
My point is; with a good defense, a few deep shots, and a heavy dose of Le'Veon Bell, this game is very winnable. It's also at home. AZ is not the same team on the east coast. It's going to be close no matter what, and it could go either way, but I'm not counting us out. I believe the Steelers could shock us...again.

azcardsdingus
10-16-2015, 08:52 AM
So how many rushing yards will this *rejuvenated Chris Johnson* get on this great Cardinal passing attack team on Sunday?

Please remember this is just a prediction.... I think CJ will get his 110-120 yds rushing in this game. I think a large chunk of that will come on a big run late when the games on the edge of being decided and your D is gassed.
I honestly think at full strength, these two teams are fairly evenly matched, and with this being a road game I would be happy just to play well and be competitive. What gives me confidence going into this game is that on offense, we have our starting QB playing and you don't. It's that simple. You have weapons, we have weapons, but our QB- say what you will about him- is playing at a higher level than Mike Vick. I've heard that Haley's offense has been scaled back to accommodate what Vick can do....Arian's offense is wide open. That being the case, I think it gives our defense an advantage because we can key on Bell, and force Vick to beat us. Maybe he has the game in him, who knows? I didn't see it last Monday Night. I think if we can contain Bell and force Vick to throw, it plays into the strength of our defense- the secondary. I don't think I'm being a homer to state that we clearly have an edge back there with Peterson & Honey Badger.

SteelMayhem72
10-16-2015, 09:19 AM
It wont be quietly, hes a me me me guy

azcardsdingus
10-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Hey...I should probably mention this....I'm a PA native. Born & raised in York, PA. Been to Pittsburgh numerous times - literally drove across the state for Primanti Bros. !!!

So...amidst all this Cards v. Steelers discussion...let's do some common ground we can all agree on- like Penn State beating the Buckeyes on Saturday!!!

WE ARE......

Steelman
10-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey...I should probably mention this....I'm a PA native. Born & raised in York, PA. Been to Pittsburgh numerous times - literally drove across the state for Primanti Bros. !!!

So...amidst all this Cards v. Steelers discussion...let's do some common ground we can all agree on- like Penn State beating the Buckeyes on Saturday!!!

WE ARE......

Then why in the same of all that is good and right would you choose the Cardinals? :chuckle:

Rotorhead
10-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Please remember this is just a prediction.... I think CJ will get his 110-120 yds rushing in this game. I think a large chunk of that will come on a big run late when the games on the edge of being decided and your D is gassed.
I honestly think at full strength, these two teams are fairly evenly matched, and with this being a road game I would be happy just to play well and be competitive. What gives me confidence going into this game is that on offense, we have our starting QB playing and you don't. It's that simple. You have weapons, we have weapons, but our QB- say what you will about him- is playing at a higher level than Mike Vick. I've heard that Haley's offense has been scaled back to accommodate what Vick can do....Arian's offense is wide open. That being the case, I think it gives our defense an advantage because we can key on Bell, and force Vick to beat us. Maybe he has the game in him, who knows? I didn't see it last Monday Night. I think if we can contain Bell and force Vick to throw, it plays into the strength of our defense- the secondary. I don't think I'm being a homer to state that we clearly have an edge back there with Peterson & Honey Badger.

I agree with most of this, aside from 2 things:

1 - I dont think CJ will get over 100 yds
2 - If our off was full strength (from the start of the season), our team would be undefeated and top of all rankings right now and probably the odds on favorite to win the SB.

azcardsdingus
10-16-2015, 01:08 PM
I moved here to Phoenix in 93 and started attending games at Sun Devil Stadium. Back then, you could see a Cardinals game cheap and easy..of course, there was ALOT of heartache in those days. I just fell in love with the team anyway and have been a season ticket holder ever since. I still like some PA sports teams...I love the Flyers, Penn State, & the 76ers.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't your team at full strength when you played New England?? I find it difficult to believe ANY team would ever be odds on favorite to with the SB outside of New England, Green Bay, & Seattle. Media Darlings, those teams.

tube517
10-16-2015, 01:14 PM
I moved here to Phoenix in 93 and started attending games at Sun Devil Stadium. Back then, you could see a Cardinals game cheap and easy..of course, there was ALOT of heartache in those days. I just fell in love with the team anyway and have been a season ticket holder ever since. I still like some PA sports teams...I love the Flyers, Penn State, & the 76ers.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't your team at full strength when you played New England?? I find it difficult to believe ANY team would ever be odds on favorite to with the SB outside of New England, Green Bay, & Seattle. Media Darlings, those teams.

Nope. No Le'veon Bell, no Martavis Bryant, no Maurkice Pouncey. No Sean Suisham. We could easily be 5-0 right now. Easily.

azcardsdingus
10-16-2015, 01:17 PM
my bad...forgot about Le'veon Bell being out. I guess he's kinda a big deal. LOL

Here's a question...if the game comes down to either team hitting a 52 yd FG with time expiring..who wins??

Count Steeler
10-16-2015, 01:48 PM
my bad...forgot about Le'veon Bell being out. I guess he's kinda a big deal. LOL

Here's a question...if the game comes down to either team hitting a 52 yd FG with time expiring..who wins??

Heinz field. OT here we come.

Rotorhead
10-16-2015, 01:53 PM
We were without our #1 Center, #2 WR, #1 RB and #1 kicker, all key players for this team.

hawaiiansteeler
10-16-2015, 02:23 PM
We were without our #1 Center, #2 WR, #1 RB and #1 kicker, all key players for this team.

and don't forget Mike Adams...:smoker:

tube517
10-16-2015, 03:33 PM
and don't forget Mike Adams...:smoker:

And and and...Laundry had a concussion.... :heh:

hawaiiansteeler
10-16-2015, 07:36 PM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Larry Fitzgerald leads the NFL with eleven 20+ yard receptions. No one else in the NFL has more than eight.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Edman
10-18-2015, 03:24 PM
I wonder where our Cardinals buddy is now?

hawaiiansteeler
10-18-2015, 03:27 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3477/3248371820_7bbf93df4d.jpg

st33lersguy
10-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Heck of a win!

86WARD
10-18-2015, 03:29 PM

Who??

hawaiiansteeler
10-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Who??

http://paulboylan.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/moran-sign1.jpg

Edman
10-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Bruce Arians payback against the Pittsburgh Steelers...

469 totals yards of offense. 13 Points.

THIS. Is why this clown was fired. He sucks.

That Cardinals Defense better become shutdown if the Cardinals expect to make some real noise.

fansince'76
10-18-2015, 03:37 PM

I still hope the Cards take that division in convincing fashion...

The officials kept Pissburgh in the game long enough for them to get their feet and beat the Cards down in the process. I'm sure Commissioner Rooney is pleased.

Look it helps the Hawks if the Stealers win this, but the officiating has been so blatantly one-sided for Pissburgh it's hard for me to root for them. I believe they may have surpassed the Cowpatties as my most hated sports franchise.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115935#p1729075

WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! My mangina is still aching and bleeding over SB XL! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH!

:coffee:

I can't WAIT for Ben, Bell, Bryant and Brown to smoke that overrated, juiced-up secondary full of big mouths of theirs later this season in their house...

Shoes
10-18-2015, 03:41 PM

2008 yards rushing 69
2009 - 57
2010 - 34
2011 - 51
2012 - 91
2013 - 70
2014 - 23

A rejuvenated Chris Johnson first carry, fumble...total rushing yards 40.

tube517
10-18-2015, 03:43 PM
:yawn:

Edman
10-18-2015, 03:46 PM
I still hope the Cards take that division in convincing fashion...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115935#p1729075

WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! My mangina is still aching and bleeding over SB XL! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH!

:coffee:

I can't WAIT for Ben, Bell, Bryant and Brown to smoke that overrated, juiced-up secondary full of big mouths of theirs later this season in their house...

Better yet, I can't wait for Steeler Nation to make their "12th Man" look pathetic.

fansince'76
10-18-2015, 04:14 PM
I guess we PAYED DA REFS (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/ed-hochuli-227279.html) again... :rolleyes:

Are all NFC West fans crybaby pussies?

Just wish the games would be called fair for both teams. If you are not calling holding them make it the same for both teams. If you are calling it then make it for both teams. Refs should not affect the outcome a game, but too many times they do.

So I guess I should look the other way when Harrison gets fucking tackled and no holding is called?

tube517
10-18-2015, 04:16 PM
A rejuvenated Chris Johnson first carry, fumble...total rushing yards 40.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Chris Johnson is going to get a hundred yards....... :zzz:

Steelerschik
10-18-2015, 06:04 PM
I guess we PAYED DA REFS (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/ed-hochuli-227279.html) again... :rolleyes:

So I guess I should look the other way when Harrison gets fucking tackled and no holding is called?

No, AFC West, i.e. chargers fans just as bad. I'll never understand the whole blame the refs thing. It's such a loser mentality. Bad calls happen to all teams, just depends which team you hate the most and that will be the excuse why they won. And for seattle, if it weren't for the refs, they wouldn't have won a game against GB (wasn't that a PO game?) and who was it against (literally forgot cause seattle is so freakin irrelevant) just recently a call went their way yet again or against them or something, can't remember? Happens to them quite a bit actually, so they have absolutely NO room to cry.

I will say this, I believed the Steelers had just enough to win this game, but I'm even more impressed with how much heart they're playing with now 2 weeks in a row, and a short week at that. They should be proud of themselves. Kudos to everyone!!!

fansince'76
10-18-2015, 10:49 PM

Anyone think this guy is coming back? :chuckle:

86WARD
10-19-2015, 04:12 AM
Nope.

teegre
10-19-2015, 07:04 AM

1. The refs DID review Bryant's TD. All TDs are reviewed. The TV crew even said it was being reviewed.

2. Roughing the passer is what it is: a black & white rule... zero helmet-to-helmet contact is allowed on a QB. Zero. Markus Golden's helmet struck Vick's helmet. Period.

3. Okay, Michael Floyd's jersey was held. I'll give them that one. I'll even give them a TD (instead of a FG). They still lose 25-17.

Edman
10-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Anyone think this guy is coming back? :chuckle:

Landry Jones punked the Cardinals.

Considering the "rejuvenated" CJ didn't sniff 100 yards (again), their starting QB all-world Carson Palmer was outplayed by Landry Jones and made Mike Mitchell a star, Patrick Peterson, Honey Badger and that Cardinals secondary were torched by Landry Jones, I don't think we'll be hearing from this guy again anytime soon.

Landry Jones will be in the collective minds of Cardinals Faithful for the next couple days.

Landry Jones, people. You can't say anything about that. I'll say it again...

I dont like the Steelers chances on Sunday either, but thats why they play the game.

86WARD
10-19-2015, 06:54 PM
It was only 12 pass attempts by Jones...if he plays this week...that will give us a better idea.

fansince'76
10-19-2015, 06:58 PM
3. Okay, Michael Floyd's jersey was held. I'll give them that one. I'll even give them a TD (instead of a FG). They still lose 25-17.

Yeah, well, I counted at least twice where Harrison was not only held but tackled and it wasn't flagged. :noidea:

86WARD
10-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah, well, I counted at least twice where Harrison was not only held but tackled and it wasn't flagged. :noidea:

Which quarter?

teegre
10-19-2015, 08:21 PM

Oh, I agree with you.

My point is that even if we ignore the Harrison holds AND give them the Floyd pass interference AND give them an ensuing TD... the Cardinals still lose by 5 points.

SUMMATION:
Cards fans have zero legs to stand on.