PDA

View Full Version : Butler has no doubts about ability to run Steelers defense

stillers4me
10-12-2015, 05:31 AM
Go back to Sept. 4, 1983. Hall of Famer-to-be John Elway made his NFL debut against the Steelers at Three Rivers Stadium. He completed 1 of 8 passes for 14 yards and threw an interception before being benched at halftime because of a sore elbow and a bruised ego.

“He had no teeth and he was slobbering all over himself,” Elway allegedly said later of Steelers linebacker Jack Lambert. “I’m thinking, ‘You can have the money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.’ ”

That’s beautiful.............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2015/10/12/Ron-Cook-Butler-has-no-doubts-about-ability-to-run-Steelers-defense/stories/201510120044

Craic
10-12-2015, 02:13 PM
The gist of the article is exactly what I was saying after week one. It's his first real game in a new position. It's the defense's first real game with a new system. Preseason blah blah blah. It simply is not the same pressure. As impatient as we are, we have to give the coach and the team time to improve, and then build off that each year thereafter. I think the defense has improved tremendously. There's still distinct areas of concern, but they've kept us in every single game, and that's the most important part. Think about it, if, before the beginning of the year, someone said, "Heading into game five, from a defensive standpoint, they would have performed good enough for the offense to win every game, would any of you not been excited about the prospect?

I can't wait to see how it progresses through the year.

ALLD
10-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Then we get to start all over again in 2016 with guys running around not knowing where to go and only ten men on the field.

Count Steeler
10-12-2015, 03:14 PM
FWIW, we have held the Pats* to the lowest points of the season, and we did it in Foxboro, with all the other chicanery going on.

fansince'76
10-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Then we get to start all over again in 2016 with guys running around not knowing where to go and only ten men on the field.

As opposed to running the exact same cross blitz which is no longer effective because everybody else figured it out at least 5 years ago over and over and over and over again...