PDA

View Full Version : Snake bitten Steelers?

StillCurtains
10-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Hey guys,

Wow we are absolutely catching it from all directions. Golsen, Suisham, Hartley, Bell, Pouncey, Cortez, Shazier, McCullers, Ben and now Bryant unavailable for his expected return! We just can't seem to catch a break.

This is starting to look like the 2011 season. With all things considered, we should still win this game against San Diego. If not, then I truly question the coaches. Despite all of our misfortunes, it can't be used for an excuse for a loss.

The coaching staff has had extra time to prepare for this one and a loss here will truly have me questioning how they get the team prepared.

With all of the bad luck we have had so far this season, I really hope we're now in the eye of the storm. This is truly a snake bitten type start to the season and I hope we can get the right serum to get everyone back...... and quick!!!

86WARD
10-12-2015, 05:34 AM
Same could have been said about the Baltimore game...yet Tomlin still found a way to gift wrap that game for the Ravens single win,on the season...

Rotorhead
10-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Well, despite all of this, if we win tonight we are in a solid 2nd place in the division and should get Ben back 1 week before a big showdown with the Bengals to shake the rust off. I think we are in an ok position because we will be getting back a lot of players over the next few weeks.

TD's & Beer
10-12-2015, 10:43 AM
The season went in the shitter when Ben went down - how big a hole we'll be in till he gets back is the question.

Maybe hope for a wildcard

ALLD
10-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Doubt we catch the Bengals at this point. The team opened the season looking like an unorganized college team. Everybody was running around not knowing where to go. Football is not that complicated unless you make it that way. The players were unprepared and the game plan blew up with some dumb trick play. The team never got back on track. That's a bad plan and bad coaching.

Somebody needs authority when they coach, not just some golly gee or hollow platitudes.

TeeTee
10-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Doubt we catch the Bengals at this point. The team opened the season looking like an unorganized college team. Everybody was running around not knowing where to go. Football is not that complicated unless you make it that way. The players were unprepared and the game plan blew up with some dumb trick play. The team never got back on track. That's a bad plan and bad coaching.

Somebody needs authority when they coach, not just some golly gee or hollow platitudes.

Yea, but his shades sure are cool.

http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/eyeglasses_9.jpg

fansince'76
10-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Doubt we catch the Bengals at this point.

Honestly, you ever see Dalton play? I'm not worried. I'm not buying that he all of a sudden figured out how to play QB at a high level in his fifth year and that he'll be able to sustain it. Just wait until they play in a prime time game.

Besides, we still play them twice.

ALLD
10-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Steelers are digging themselves a hole. If the Bengals don't win the division it will be an epic collapse.

fansince'76
10-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Steelers are digging themselves a hole. If the Bengals don't win the division it will be an epic collapse.

Yep, and that's certainly never happened to them with Marvin Lewis at the helm...

Rotorhead
10-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Wow, already giving them the division, remember Ben is supposed to be back one game before we play them. We could hand them 2 losses and be 1/2 game back if we lose only one more before Ben returns (which is my minimal hope). Lets look at their victories, Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs and Seahawks . . . Not exactly the cream of the crop so far this season. In fact, they don't really play a good team all season aside from the Broncos (which are lucky to be 5-0 in all honesty). I can see them losing to both Arizona and Denver (if the Broncos get their offense to at least NFL worthy). Hell we could be 4-0 if it weren't for our 4th kicker and the fact we are on our 3rd string QB . . . It is probable they win the division, but we are certainly in the running if we can win tonight and get Ben back for the Chiefs game.

StillCurtains
10-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Wow, already giving them the division, remember Ben is supposed to be back one game before we play them. We could hand them 2 losses and be 1/2 game back if we lose only one more before Ben returns (which is my minimal hope). Lets look at their victories, Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs and Seahawks . . . Not exactly the cream of the crop so far this season. In fact, they don't really play a good team all season aside from the Broncos (which are lucky to be 5-0 in all honesty). I can see them losing to both Arizona and Denver (if the Broncos get their offense to at least NFL worthy). Hell we could be 4-0 if it weren't for our 4th kicker and the fact we are on our 3rd string QB . . . It is probable they win the division, but we are certainly in the running if we can win tonight and get Ben back for the Chiefs game.

Yeah....

It all starts tonight! We need to get the win, if not we're 3 games back. Youre right they haven't played the strongest opponents yet. They really only had 2 close games, Yesterday vs Seattle at home, and at Baltimore.

I'm not ready to concede the division. They have been healthy and we have been extremely banged up. We have the toughest schedule in the league, so the true question is: "How many games can we win until we can get everybody back?" Will we ever have everybody back? I'm not saying we can't get the division, but with all things considered, it will be difficult. Even if we win tonight, a 2 game lead is a sizeable one with our pending injuries and schedule.

Texasteel
10-12-2015, 07:17 PM

Two games down with 12 games left, and we are chasing a team that has a history of going on a slide for a few games during the season....
C'MON Man.