PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Steelers LB Ryan Shazier

Shoes
10-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers LB Ryan Shazier will miss his third game of the 2015 season this Monday against the Chargers after the effects of a Week 2 shoulder injury have apparently lingered far longer than he or his coaching staff had hoped.

An era of keyboard tough guys and failed high school benchwarmers have led to an outcry of animosity towards Shazier, a 23-year-old young professional with the weight of “fixing” a struggling defense on his shoulders.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/11/an-open-letter-to-steelers-lb-ryan-shazier/ (http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/11/an-open-letter-to-steelers-lb-ryan-shazier/)

Bluecoat96
10-11-2015, 09:34 PM
A-freaking-men. Great article!

teegre
10-11-2015, 09:36 PM
That was outstanding.

B&GFever
10-11-2015, 10:16 PM
I think we all want him back sooner rather than later but the last thing I want to see is a return to soon and out again for the same injury that just needed another week to fully mend ...

I am concerned about fragility we have seen it before ( Kendrell Bell ) outstanding talent that just breaks to easily , but in my opinion it is to soon to claim this is the case , this could be as simple as a string of bad luck for a kid who plays passionately and gives 100% every play ....

lets give him some time before labeling him anything other than a heck of an athlete

steelreserve
10-11-2015, 10:54 PM
So far the bottom line is the guy is always hurt, and it's frustrating. Whether people label him injury-prone or not, or whether it's fair or not - or even whether people are being *gasp* INSENSITIVE - doesn't do anything to change that.

I don't care about that whole dumbass argument. Is he injury-prone or not? WHO CARES. It's just people talking. It's completely irrelevant.

Also, calling people keyboard tough guys and then going on to be one yourself in the exact same sentence does not really do much to bolster your cause. As Snoop Dogg would say, this whole thing has been a waste of my motherfuckin' time.

StillCurtains
10-11-2015, 11:59 PM
So far the bottom line is the guy is always hurt, and it's frustrating. Whether people label him injury-prone or not, or whether it's fair or not - or even whether people are being *gasp* INSENSITIVE - doesn't do anything to change that.

I don't care about that whole dumbass argument. Is he injury-prone or not? WHO CARES. It's just people talking. It's completely irrelevant.

Also, calling people keyboard tough guys and then going on to be one yourself in the exact same sentence does not really do much to bolster your cause. As Snoop Dogg would say, this whole thing has been a waste of my motherfuckin' time.

It's pretty frustrating. I can't put him in the same category as Kendrell Bell though. Even though Bell was injury prone, there were times that Bell looked as if he didn't want to get on the field. It was stated already that Shazier plays 100% every snap. He plays with fire and intensity with the wreckless abandon that Troy played with. I feel that is why Troy was injured so often.

Is this the same thing with Shazier or is he just fragile? Don't know! I sure hope he's not fragile.

Reason being is that not only do I feel he could be a great player, he also seems to be a pretty good kid.

ALLD
10-12-2015, 02:32 PM
No matter how much talent the kid has, he has missed more games than played in- regardless of cause. If we had a time machine and brought back Lambert and Ham from 1976, but they rode the bench it wouldn't do much good.

steel striker
10-12-2015, 02:47 PM
It's very frustrating because, when healthy we have seen how good he can be. I just hope when he comes back he can finish the season at a high level.

Steeltreal
10-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Eyebrows are overrated

Texasteel
10-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Just wondering,,, with the defense not that good, and his apparent ability to help fix that problem, is he and the coaches possibly rushing him back to soon? I hope they are letting him heal to the point that he is REALLY ready to play. Right or wrong, he is a Steeler now and I would like to see him play a very long time, even if he has to site out longer than we would like.

TeeTee
10-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Fact: using PEDs can make you fragile.
FACT: He went from 213 to 238 of almost all muscle in just a few months.

Possible: He jumped on some juice and his body can't stay in one piece because it wasn't ever meant to be that big and fast.

86WARD
10-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Good article.