PDA

View Full Version : Which QB would you go to war with?(Big Ben 9th)

polamalubeast
09-03-2010, 08:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100902

Kaeg
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, even though he makes some valid sounding points, I'd still put Ben higher on the list. Could be my homerism talking, but 9 seems pretty low considering Ben's track record in clutch situations.

SteelerFanInStl
09-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Eli Manning before Ben? LOL! McNabb, Romo, Rivers and Rodgers have never won anything. Those rankings are a joke. Ben is the most underappreciated QB in the NFL.

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Why would you have Mcnabb and Romo, the biggest choke and 2nd biggest choke respectively in the NFL, before arguably THE most clutch QB in the league?

O'Malley
09-04-2010, 12:14 AM
They should have asked Defensive Coordinaters around the league who they would rather not face. Ben beats you when you have him beat. He can escape a sack and still make a play. I bet he drives DC nuts. I would rather have to account for Romo the choke, or the old man McNabb. Chances are they will both choke on their own. Ben could have 9 rings and still not get the recognition he deserves. I'd choose Ben to go to war.

Craic
09-04-2010, 12:49 AM
None... I'd rather go to war with Navy Seals... Or for frontal assault, maybe Force Recon Marines.

Oh wait... He's just talking about a game once a week. OK. So what QB would I like to have on a Sunday for football? Ben, period. Maybe Elway in his prime. Seems those are the type of QB's that make it in our system.

KyleJDavison
09-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I read this article yesterday while I was at work. I was kind of disgusted. I consider Ben, probably with some bias, the best clutch QB in the NFL. In the final 2 minutes of any game, if I had the choice of any QB currently in the NFL, I think its Ben by a landslide. Manning proved how clutch he was in the SB. Brady is gay. Brees would be one I would consider, but idk. I think Ben is the best in that situation. He doesn't have the stats, but he has the wins. He doesn't make many mistakes in clutch situations. He's reckless, but I like it.

Steeldude
09-04-2010, 04:45 PM
manning would be my first pick

tube517
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Matt Leinart.

That's how much I think of this list.

beSteelmyheart
09-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I tried to read the article but couldn't concentrate on all of that fluff.

O'Malley
09-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I little off the subject does Tom Brady think he is a Beetle? He has a hair cut like Ringo Star.

zulater
09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Actually in fairness to the article he did explain that he'd rate Ben quite a bit higher except for his concern about how he'll come back from his current prediciment. As he alluded to, Tiger woods has yet to recapture his mojo since his personal issues first surfaced. I hope that wont be the case with Ben, but at this time you can't say with certainty that there wont be a readjustment period for Ben.

Kaeg
09-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I little off the subject does Tom Brady think he is a Beetle? He has a hair cut like Ringo Star.

That's the "Bieber".

86WARD
09-04-2010, 09:24 PM
meh...I'd put Ben in the Top 4 easily.

BlastFurnace
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
There's not another QB in the NFL that I would take over Ben. IMO, he's better than all of them.

SteelerFanInStl
09-04-2010, 09:50 PM
There's not another QB in the NFL that I would take over Ben. IMO, he's better than all of them.

Yep, I'm perfectly happy with Ben.

siss
09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Yep, I'm perfectly happy with Ben.

Him and his 2 rings proved it!

O'Malley
09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
That's the "Bieber".

Thats funny:lol:

polamalubeast
09-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Him and his 2 rings proved it!

And has a record of 13-0 as a rookie after being the Steelers finished the season 6-10 in 2003.

Became the first QB in history has had the time to win the rookie of the year.

The youngest QB in history to win the super bowl and had to win the steelers 3 game on the road to participate in the super bowl!

22-3 and 5-1 in the playoffs was his first 2 seasons and now it is a 60-26 record and 8-2 in the playoffs.

He always had an excellent QB ratings except in 2006.

In 2008, even though his stats were not great, it was very good for much of the season ........ he's just had three bad games in a row against the Giants , the Redskins and Colts, but otherwise he had a very solid season.

His drive to victory against the Cards in the super bowl was amazing !.... Just like his drive @ Baltimore in 2008 and his game against the Packers in 2009.

There is always one of the best QB in the NFL to make big plays ...... it is one of the best in the history of the NFL in average yards per pass attempt!

It really is a franchise QB!

siss
09-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Well all that and did you know that Bens QB rating is the highest in the league in the minute drill in the 4th quarter. Seriously when it counts Ben is $$$$.

Just keep him away from anything that says DTF on it!

Craic
09-04-2010, 11:03 PM

I wouldn't say that. For a pure QB, Manning and Brees at LEAST is better than Ben. Maybe a few more.

But the issue for me, is who is the best QB to play in OUR system. For me, that is BR, hands down. That is why i completely agree with the first half of your statement.

Kaeg
09-05-2010, 10:19 AM
22-3 and 5-1 in the playoffs was his first 2 seasons and now it is a 60-26 record and 8-2 in the playoffs.
You know, those are absolutely crazy stats to me. That's awesome.

Oh, and Siss...that's one freaking great avvy you have there!
:sofunny:

BeerMan
09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
And has a record of 13-0 as a rookie after being the Steelers finished the season 6-10 in 2003.

Became the first QB in history has had the time to win the rookie of the year.

The youngest QB in history to win the super bowl and had to win the steelers 3 game on the road to participate in the super bowl!

He always had an excellent QB ratings except in 2006.

In 2008, even though his stats were not great, it was very good for much of the season ........ he's just had three bad games in a row against the Giants , the Redskins and Colts, but otherwise he had a very solid season.

His drive to victory against the Cards in the super bowl was amazing !.... Just like his drive @ Baltimore in 2008 and his game against the Packers in 2009.

There is always one of the best QB in the NFL to make big plays ...... it is one of the best in the history of the NFL in average yards per pass attempt!

It really is a franchise QB!

Did anybody see ESPN's latest poll today? It's about which quarterback has been the biggest disappointment to his team. The choices? JaMarcus Russell, Matt Leinart & Ben. Are you freakin' kidding me? The ONLY way I take another QB over Ben is if he is hurt or suspended. Yeah, I'm really disappointed in Ben for only winning 2 Lombardi's...

Galax Steeler
09-05-2010, 11:22 AM
All I can say is:jerkit:

siss
09-05-2010, 11:32 AM
You know, those are absolutely crazy stats to me. That's awesome.

Oh, and Siss...that's one freaking great avvy you have there!
:sofunny:
Thank you!

Craic
09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Did anybody see ESPN's latest poll today? It's about which quarterback has been the biggest disappointment to his team. The choices? JaMarcus Russell, Matt Leinart & Ben. Are you freakin' kidding me? The ONLY way I take another QB over Ben is if he is hurt or suspended. Yeah, I'm really disappointed in Ben for only winning 2 Lombardi's...

I would think it is "overall dissapointment". That is, on and off field. Fact of the matter is, he had to be taken to task quite a few times by his teammates about his attitude, how to treat the O line, etc. Then, bringing the bad press on the team twice... Well, I can understand his inclusion in this kind of poll. The inclusion with the other two choices however, IS a bit baffling.

HometownGal
09-06-2010, 07:03 AM
They should have asked Defensive Coordinaters around the league who they would rather not face. Ben beats you when you have him beat. He can escape a sack and still make a play. I bet he drives DC nuts. I would rather have to account for Romo the choke, or the old man McNabb. Chances are they will both choke on their own. Ben could have 9 rings and still not get the recognition he deserves. I'd choose Ben to go to war.

Bingo and spot on. :drink: No question in my mind that Ben gives DC's fits. :thumbsup:

If my team needs 6 points to win a game with a minute left on the clock, there is no QB in the league I'd rather have leading that drive than our own #7. My second choice would be Peytoon.

SirHulka
09-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Aaron Rogers.

silver & black
09-07-2010, 05:56 AM

Ummm....... JR wins, hands down. He is the biggest bust and disappointment EVER.

SirHulka
09-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Ummm....... JR wins, hands down. He is the biggest bust and disappointment EVER.
I would have to still go with Leaf.

Leaf 1A
Russell 1B

Close, but Leaf wins it on attitude. He's an arrogant ass, and Russell is just a big lazy goof.

O'Malley
09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Bingo and spot on. :drink: No question in my mind that Ben gives DC's fits. :thumbsup:

If my team needs 6 points to win a game with a minute left on the clock, there is no QB in the league I'd rather have leading that drive than our own #7. My second choice would be Peytoon.

Well put I'm in agreement 100%.:drink:

SteelMember
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I will piggy back what Preacher has said. Ben is "the best" for our system, although, I have to say, I have been more and more impressed with Aaron Rogers. He could probably do some things in our system as well as Ben. He looks to have some scrambling ability even if he may be easier to bring down, but he throws a nice, catchable ball... and deep. His arm definately looks stronger and more precise on the bombs. Something I wish Ben had more of.

Overall... Payton is still the best "pure" QB... and I don't know if pure is the right word. Cerebral maybe.

SirHulka
09-07-2010, 12:43 PM
That depends on your point of view. There are several other quarterbacks out there who can read defenses much better, and throw more accurately. Roethlisberger's biggest trait is the ability to somehow avoid the sack until someone gets open. So it depends on whether you want a scrambler, or an accurate passer who can read defenses.

Delraich
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
This list is a total joke. None of the 8 guys ahead of Ben on this list would even survive a season with the line we've had the last few years. Romo is the current king of choke and McNab is the all time choke master. I know crap like this shouldn't bother me but sometimes it does.

zulater
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
That depends on your point of view. There are several other quarterbacks out there who can read defenses much better, and throw more accurately. Roethlisberger's biggest trait is the ability to somehow avoid the sack until someone gets open. So it depends on whether you want a scrambler, or an accurate passer who can read defenses.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

Ben's not accurate? :wtf:

GBMelBlount
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
manning would be my first pick

Manning, without question.

Ben would be in my top 5.

A real war....I'd want manning and Favre in my fox hole.

SirHulka
09-08-2010, 04:27 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

Ben's not accurate? :wtf:
Probably could have expressed that better. He doesn't trust his accuracy like Rodgers for example. Rodgers will stand in the pocket and throw into double coverage, believing he can hit the receiver (which he does). Ben will run around and scramble, waiting for the receiver to get open, before he throws it. DC's around the league agree that the best way to beat Ben is to keep him in the pocket. He's not nearly as accurate there as when he's scrambling.

zulater
09-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Probably could have expressed that better. He doesn't trust his accuracy like Rodgers for example. Rodgers will stand in the pocket and throw into double coverage, believing he can hit the receiver (which he does). Ben will run around and scramble, waiting for the receiver to get open, before he throws it. DC's around the league agree that the best way to beat Ben is to keep him in the pocket. He's not nearly as accurate there as when he's scrambling.

Oh that explains all those post season wins Rodgers has.:tongue1:

Seriously Ben is lethal in the pocket too, that is when he has one. Anytime Ben is affored the time to step into his throw his accuracy is good.

SirHulka
09-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Oh that explains all those post season wins Rodgers has.

Doug Johnson is a SB winning QB. So is Trent Dilfer. Dan Marino never won one.

If you were to take one of those QB's in his prime to start a team, which one would YOU take?

The Duke
09-08-2010, 10:49 AM

um, Rodgers scrambles almost as much as Ben does. His oline, at least for the first half of last season, was dreadful. And he too, like ben, is very good out of the pocket

I've always considered Rodgers a Ben-Lite

He just hasn't shown he can consistently win when his team needs it. 4000 yards in his first two seasons is nice, but he was to develop more as a leader and winner

Imo, he's the QB with the most potential in the league right now