PDA

View Full Version : Please.... No more posts on Brandon Boykin!!!

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Hello all!

I am one of many who have been advocating for Boykin to get on the field. As I said, I have watched his whole career in Philly. He has outstanding atheleticizm and leaping ability, allowing him to go against bigger receivers. He has good cover skills with fluid hips, that help him stay with receivers out of their breaks. He also has exceptional ball skils, playing the ball with pass breakups and interceptions.

No, he's not Rod Woodson or Deion Sanders, but he's clearly the best corner on the roster. With all that being said, it's now time to accept the fact the he's not going to see the field. There are several reasons why.

Firstly, Boykin approached the coaches in regard to his lack of playing time. I don't see a problem with this, and I feel he has every right to ask why. However, in the minds of our coaches, that makes you a problem child and lands you in the doghouse never to get out.

Secondly, Antwon Blake. Blake is Tomlin's love child. He likes him on a personal level. It has nothing to do with business, or skillset but is stricktly personal. Cockrell got on the field, but they had no choice due to Cortez's knee and Boykin's groin at the time.

This coaching staff has a next man up mentality due to the longevity of players that have been on the team. They only make a true change with guys only if they are blatantly struggling as Cortez was last year. So for the most part, performance has nothing to do with anything, but your tenure with the team does.

Blake is merely being rewarded for being the next man up with team tenure. He's being rewarded for working hard on special teams with bone jarring hits and an intense attitude. As I said, Tomlin likes him personally. He likes that he worked hard, hits hard, and plays with intensity during his tenure here, so therefore he's rewarding him to start.

The problem is, Blake doesn't pass the eye test at this position, and Tomlin turns a blind eye to it for personal reasons. We all know that Blake is a special teams player. We all know that he can't cover and has no ball skills.

It's ok to reward a player for working hard during their tenure. The thing is that hard work doesn't always pass the test. There are many undrafted free agents that have worked extremely hard, but are not on an NFL Roster. Rewarding a player a starting position for hard work and longer team tenure is the wrong thing to do, when you traded for a player that is better qualified for the job.

So now I feel we need to end the posts on Boykin because fact is, we're not going to see him. Despite how we feel about it, it's not going to change, and is frustrating as it is, it's starting to be more frustrating seeing the posts about Boykin, because our coaches won't get a clue.

Count Steeler
10-07-2015, 05:53 PM
So how about them Blue Jays? (avoiding the subject, so that a particular player is not mentioned in this post)

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2015, 05:56 PM
so you want no more posts on Brandon Boykin, but you start a new thread about Brandon Boykin.

hey, makes sense to me...

teegre
10-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Irony

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Doesn't want more Brandon Boykin threads

Starts one

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 06:37 PM
so you want no more posts on Brandon Boykin, but you start a new thread about Brandon Boykin.

Uhh yeah,

I thought this was a MESSAGE BOARD!!!

So it's a MESSAGE is it NOT?
So if you we running for Office and YOUR MESSAGE is NO WAR and NO NEW TAXES, do you say NOTHIING?

Then if you decide to speak the message, do you not elaberate to the public why you feel the message is valid? That's what I did, elaborate with my message. I wanted to let those who supported Boykin that I am with them on this and not just send the message only, without explanation which would be offensive to some.

It's YOUR lack of common sense and intelligence that is in question!

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't want more Brandon Boykin threads

Starts one

Please see my post to Hawaiiansteeler. This is meant for you also!

- - - Updated - - -

So how about them Blue Jays? (avoiding the subject, so that a particular player is not mentioned in this post)

You're entitled to say and do all you want my friend! Just venting that's all. Didn't mean it that way.

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2015, 06:38 PM

If you were twice as smart as you currently are, you'd still be stupid... :flipoff:

teegre
10-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Three days in a row... three threads wherein a certain someone has a MELTDOWN.

OSUMA!!!

(formerly: OSFMA)

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 06:57 PM
If you were twice as smart as you currently are, you'd still be stupid... :flipoff:

Mmmmhmmm,

Spoken like a true 8 year old who has no logical rebuttal to another's response!
LOL... That will be all! Good day!

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Mmmmhmmm,

Spoken like a true 8 year old who has no logical rebuttal to another's response!
LOL... That will be all! Good day!

you really should just shut up, no matter how hard you try you'll never be the man your mother is...

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 07:07 PM
you really should just shut up, no matter how hard you try you'll never be the man your mother is...
LOL!!!!

zulater
10-07-2015, 07:21 PM
LOL!!!!

Before you go LOL at someone else perhaps you should have at least one person on the board who actually agrees with you ....even slightly. And on this you don't. There's an old saying, if you're digging yourself a hole too deep to get out of the first thing you need to do is put down the shovel. :coffee:

Count Steeler
10-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Did you really expect any other reaction? Seriously?

Our secondary is still questionable. Our brain truss traded for a veteran CB. All of a sudden, said veteran CB can't play? There was a report of a possible injury, fine, but did not seem too serious. One of the only plays where he was on the field, he bats away a pass in the end zone.

Expecting us to not post about said player is way too much to ask. Until there is a reasonable explanation from the Steelers, there will remain wide spread speculation as to why Brandon Boykin is not on the field.

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2015, 07:32 PM
just like how it used to be with Mike Wallace, there can never be enough Brandon Boykin threads! :thumbsup:

zulater
10-07-2015, 07:37 PM
just like how it used to be with Mike Wallace, there can never be enough Brandon Boykin threads! :thumbsup:

Which begs the question how would Brandon Boykin fare if assigned to cover Mike Wallace one on one in a crucial situation? :heh:

tube517
10-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Which begs the question how would Brandon Boykin fare if assigned to cover Mike Wallace one on one in a crucial situation? :heh:

Sounds pretty "solid" to me. :chuckle:

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Before you go LOL at someone else perhaps you should have at least one person on the board who actually agrees with you ....even slightly. And on this you don't. There's an old saying, if you're digging yourself a hole too deep to get out of the first thing you need to do is put down the shovel. :coffee:

LOL!!! Again!!!

Well,well,well, look who decides to show up! The post had nothing to do with AGREEANCE at all! I'm a supporter of Boykin as well! Was there anything said in the post to bad mouth those who post about Boykin? No.. It was pointing to the front office not attacks against POSTERS!

That is THE reason I elaborated to let those who WOULD look to post THAT topic, that it's not a knock against THEIR BELIEFS!!!

Here's another thing, we have NEVER agreed on ANYTHING so it's THAT which is the TRUE reason why you're here.
The funny thing about it is that THIS post is a STATEMENT post that does not look for or require agreement so again...

LOL!!!

zulater
10-07-2015, 07:42 PM

I say it all depends on who's throwing him the football. If it's Tannehill I think either of us could shut Wallace down let alone Boykin. :lol:

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Uhh not sure, but better than BLAKE!

Chew on that one!

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2015, 07:47 PM

guess we'll never know because Boykin is not being allowed to play. has anyone heard what the reason is?

maybe we should start a new thread to discuss that very topic...

zulater
10-07-2015, 07:50 PM
guess we'll never know because Boykin is not being allowed to play. has anyone heard what the reason is?

maybe we should start a new thread to discuss that very topic...

Certainly worth considering....:troll:

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Did you really expect any other reaction? Seriously?

Our secondary is still questionable. Our brain truss traded for a veteran CB. All of a sudden, said veteran CB can't play? There was a report of a possible injury, fine, but did not seem too serious. One of the only plays where he was on the field, he bats away a pass in the end zone.

Expecting us to not post about said player is way too much to ask. Until there is a reasonable explanation from the Steelers, there will remain wide spread speculation as to why Brandon Boykin is not on the field.

I feel your pain! Go ahead and post then! It's not you guys I'm accusing, it's the ineptness of the front office which makes our posts truly unheard.

86WARD
10-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Who is Brandon Boykin?

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Uhh yeah,

So if you we running for Office and YOUR MESSAGE is NO WAR and NO NEW TAXES, do you say NOTHIING?

Then if you decide to speak the message, do you not elaberate to the public why you feel the message is valid? That's what I did, elaborate with my message. I wanted to let those who supported Boykin that I am with them on this and not just send the message only, without explanation which would be offensive to some.

- - - Updated - - -

no, you just dont start wars or new taxes

teegre
10-07-2015, 09:01 PM
just like how it used to be with Mike Wallace

Memories... good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Post. Of. The. Day!!!

Hawkman
10-07-2015, 09:06 PM

.....or how it used to be with O-line threads.

teegre
10-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Who is Brandon Boykin?

:rofl2:

Best. Thread. Ever.

Devilsdancefloor
10-07-2015, 09:12 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/21nod1v.jpg

boykin is gonna play when he gets to play for whatever reason he is in tomlins doghouse

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 09:14 PM
no, you just dont start wars or new taxes

My man, So Bush Sr. didn't ask us to read his lips.. no new taxes and did just that? G.W. Bush didn't start a war blaming 911 on Hussein when he knew it was Bin Laden, but had a Vendetta for Hussein for vengence for his father, putting American lives at risk?

Look, what I was trying to say in this post is despite our want for Boykin in the lineup, the front office just isn't going to do it. I want him in there as well but there's nothing I can do.

If you want to start a new thread on Boykin, feel free, because despite my post, it's more likely that I will be there to vent with you.

Steelman
10-07-2015, 09:17 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/2301885.jpg

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 09:19 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/21nod1v.jpg

boykin is gonna play when he gets to play for whatever reason he is in tomlins doghouse
Unfortunately very true.

StillCurtains
10-07-2015, 09:24 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/2301885.jpg
Dude LOL!!!
That is the PERFECT POST!!! Hilarious!

TD's & Beer
10-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Is this another Brandon Boykin thread?

Who started this shit?

smokin3000gt
10-07-2015, 10:48 PM
LOL!!! Again!!!

Well,well,well, look who decides to show up! The post had nothing to do with AGREEANCE at all! I'm a supporter of Boykin as well! Was there anything said in the post to bad mouth those who post about Boykin? No.. It was pointing to the front office not attacks against POSTERS!

That is THE reason I elaborated to let those who WOULD look to post THAT topic, that it's not a knock against THEIR BELIEFS!!!

Here's another thing, we have NEVER agreed on ANYTHING so it's THAT which is the TRUE reason why you're here.
The funny thing about it is that THIS post is a STATEMENT post that does not look for or require agreement so again...

LOL!!!

I think your shift/cap key is on the fritz..

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=smokin3000gt;509378]I think your shift/cap key is on the fritz..[/Q.

I THINK I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU!!!
NOTICE THE BOLD AND CAPS?!
WHY IS THAT? BECAUSE I POST HOW I WANT TO POST!
YOUR OPINION OF IT WAS NEVER WARRANTED!

hawaiiansteeler
10-08-2015, 12:32 AM

yeah,

So if you're running for Office and YOUR MESSAGE is NO WAR and NO NEW TAXES, do you say NOTHING?

Then if you decide to speak the message, do you not elaborate to the public why you feel the message is valid? :noidea:

smokin3000gt
10-08-2015, 12:38 AM
I think your shift/cap key is on the fritz..

That's what I did, elaborate with my message. I wanted to let those who supported CAPS LOCK!!! aNd RAnDOMLy CapITAlized WORDS!!! that I am with them on this and not just send the message only, without explanation which would be offensive to some.

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 12:42 AM
yeah,

So if you're running for Office and YOUR MESSAGE is NO WAR and NO NEW TAXES, do you say NOTHING?

Then if you decide to speak the message, do you not elaborate to the public why you feel the message is valid? :noidea:

My goodness Dude,

At least take the time to actually properly interpret wahat someone is saying!
I was talking about THE WAY I POST using caps and bold, not the actual post itself.
That's what happens when you pull the trigger before thinking!

BTW... Did you see my response to you on your thread about Shazier in a sling? If not, give it a look.

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 12:48 AM
That's what I did, elaborate with my message. I wanted to let those who supported CAPS LOCK!!! aNd RAnDOMLy CapITAlized WORDS!!! that I am with them on this and not just send the message only, without explanation which would be offensive to some.
Really? By saying my shift key is on the fritz?
That's more along the lines of saying you feel someone should post a certain way, or like you to be exact than supporting it. You can post any way or style you wish to post. Who am I to judge how you should do it because I may not like it?

teegre
10-08-2015, 01:27 AM
Irrational anger.

Attacking other posters.

Starting new thread after new thread after new thread.

RanDom caPitaliZations, bold font, and misssspelld werds.

SUMMATION:
I think that someone owns an owl dog.

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Irrational anger.

Attacking other posters.

SUMMATION:

Yup, However you never had a typo huh? Thread after new thread? That's right... But you happen to like them because you always show up huh? Why don't you start a thread? Better yet, why can't you stick to the topic instead of trolling and showing up with one line garbage? You don't show up to discuss topics. All you do is show up to stir up trouble with people on the boards. You just show up with jabs as if you personaly know folks.

You don't know me, and I'm sure there are many here that you don't know as well. It's easy throwing insults and jabs behind a keyboard. The way you show up on threads you would think your mother never hugged you.

Don't like my threads, stay away from them! Mic drop!!!

86WARD
10-08-2015, 04:21 AM
Mic drop? Really?

http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-YouAre-01.jpg

86WARD
10-08-2015, 04:22 AM
Relax...I kid...you're not really a "homo". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Count Steeler
10-08-2015, 04:51 AM
Everyone take a deep breath and relax. Don't cross the line.

86WARD
10-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Are you talking about a sideline? Cause that's not something Boykin has crossed all season!! HHEEYY NOOOOOW!!!

teegre
10-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Yup, However you never had a typo huh? Thread after new thread? That's right... But you happen to like them because you always show up huh? Why don't you start a thread? Better yet, why can't you stick to the topic instead of trolling and showing up with one line garbage? You don't show up to discuss topics. All you do is show up to stir up trouble with people on the boards. You just show up with jabs as if you personaly know folks.

You don't know me, and I'm sure there are many here that you don't know as well. It's easy throwing insults and jabs behind a keyboard. The way you show up on threads you would think your mother never hugged you.

Don't like my threads, stay away from them! Mic drop!!!

You are the topic of this thread.

hawaiiansteeler
10-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Irrational anger.

Attacking other posters.

SUMMATION:

that's the only logical conclusion I can come up with also.

do you think Brandon Boykin owns an owl dog too?

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 12:26 PM
You are the topic of this thread.

My man Heckle is back for more! Question.... Where's Jeckle? Don't care for that?

How does Anal Aaron suit you? No? There's more! How about Negative Ned, Sour Sam, Darkcloud Dan, Meddling Matt, Oneline Willy? Dude, What have you ever said in regard to the Steelers? Yeah nothing!

It's cool I'll play your game!

TeeTee
10-08-2015, 12:44 PM

Thought same thing, but not only did the OP start a new thread about him, he included points that surely will make us want to bitch much more about the situation.

I mentioned earlier that Boink was too confident for the staff and if he didn't take the posture of licking their shoes, they won't give him playing time.

Don't you love an organization who makes decisions based on eggos and petty BS instead of just playing who makes the team the best it can be?

I find this revolting.

Count Steeler
10-08-2015, 12:46 PM
My man Heckle is back for more! Question.... Where's Jeckle? Don't care for that?

How does Anal Aaron suit you? No? There's more! How about Negative Ned, Sour Sam, Darkcloud Dan, Meddling Matt, Oneline Willy? Dude, What have you ever said in regard to the Steelers? Yeah nothing!

It's cool I'll play your game!

No you won't. This game ends now.

This is the second warning. Everybody take a deep breath and relax. This doesn't just apply to this thread.

teegre
10-08-2015, 12:47 PM
that's the only logical conclusion I can come up with also.

do you think Brandon Boykin owns an owl dog too?

You know, I my have to reevaluate my diagnosis. Tim Lumber could at least retort with some semblance of logic. This guy... :doh:

(He might actually be Brandon Boykin. It would explain his infatuation with talking (or not talking) about him.)

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 01:07 PM
You know, I my have to reevaluate my diagnosis. Tim Lumber could at least retort with some semblance of logic. This guy... :doh:

(He might actually be Brandon Boykin. It would explain his infatuation with talking (or not talking) about him.)

What logical analysis have you ever said on anything? Want to start a post on Boykin? Be my guest! Just as I said in the post, my position on it is the fact that the front office does nothing about it, and I agree with those who post their complaints about it!

Should I have titled the post differently? Probably so... but I definately had no intentions on ruffling the feathers of those who want to see him play. The sad part is that no matter how many posts we do on the guy, he won't see the field, so this is what we're stuck with.

Teegre, start a new post! I'll be sure to come by and vent some right next to you.

TeeTee
10-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Irrational anger.

Attacking other posters.

SUMMATION:
http://diligences.com/sites/default/files/DontFeedtheTrolls.png

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 02:10 PM
http://diligences.com/sites/default/files/DontFeedtheTrolls.png

Ha ha! Yeah, you seem to like trolling my threads don't you? Get a clue about the definition of a troll!
Thanks for your warning troll sign post to let me know that you're here on my thread! Thanks again for the heads up!

Rotorhead
10-08-2015, 02:13 PM
At least still's threads are fun to read for the short time he will be around, then we can bring up his melt downs in the later months while poking fun at others in our arguments!

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 02:23 PM
At least still's threads are fun to read for the short time he will be around, then we can bring up his melt downs in the later months while poking fun at others in our arguments!

Mmmhmm,

We're Steeler fans right? You disagree? I'm fine with that Bro! I'm not always right, neither or you or everyone else here. State your opinions and I'll respect it. The truth is we're adults on an adult board. My expectations are to respond as such. Responding as if we're still children? Makes no sense! If that's what you feel is the way to disagree, then carry on my man...

teegre
10-08-2015, 02:23 PM
What logical analysis have you ever said on anything? Want to start a post on Boykin? Be my guest! Just as I said in the post, my position on it is the fact that the front office does nothing about it, and I agree with those who post their complaints about it!

Should I have titled the post differently? Probably so... but I definately had no intentions on ruffling the feathers of those who want to see him play. The sad part is that no matter how many posts we do on the guy, he won't see the field, so this is what we're stuck with.

Teegre, start a new post! I'll be sure to come by and vent some right next to you.

Count Steeler asked me to stop. So, I shall.

/thread

Count Steeler
10-08-2015, 02:25 PM
OK, gentlemen. The time has come. Stick to the topic of the op or this thread gets closed.

Thanks teegre. We must have posted at the same time.

teegre
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
OK, gentlemen. The time has come. Stick to the topic of the op or this thread gets closed.

Thanks teegre. We must have posted at the same time.

We did... I noticed your post, in fact, after I'd already logged off.

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Count Steeler asked me to stop. So, I shall.

/thread

Look... It's cool Bro! Like I said you don't have to agree with any of my topics.
It's all good! Point is we're fans of the same team!
I look forward to see you post a thread!
Hope to hear from you soon Bro!

hawaiiansteeler
10-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I look forward to see you post a thread!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004177965/2015998805_5348584478_Grammar_Police_by_Rysis_xlar ge_xlarge.jpeg