PDA

View Full Version : Week 5:San Diego Chargers(2-2)

polamalubeast
10-05-2015, 03:25 PM
I know that many believe that the steelers have very little chance to win this game, but I would not be surprised to see the Steelers win this game.

I think it will be a close game since the browns were close to winning against the chargers and I think than Bryant will help Vick and Bell will have a very good game again.

The Steelers have 14 sacks since the beginning of the season, so if the pass rush continues to be good, the Steelers have a chance.

I hope that the kicker is going to be good and that Vick will be better in the 3rd down....

86WARD
10-05-2015, 03:50 PM
I think it will be scary close. I think Vick will appear to play better, however, I expect a couple turnovers out of him this week. Not sure if the Steelers win...recently, if I recall correctly, they've been pretty bad on the west coast.

hawaiiansteeler
10-05-2015, 03:51 PM
the Dischargers barely beat the Brownstains 30-27.

we're not the Clowns:

Steelers 30
Deadbolts 27

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2015, 04:25 PM
The Chargers aren't that good. We should win this game as long as the offense actually tries to score TDs and we keep away from the turnovers.

tube517
10-05-2015, 04:31 PM
The Chargers aren't that good. We should win this game as long as the offense actually tries to score TDs and we keep away from the turnovers.

That's the kiss of death for us!

ALLD
10-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Steelers win by a FG!

teegre
10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
3/5 of the Chargers O-line is injured; Fluker is playing injured; and, Barksdale is average. Combine that with the resurgence of the Steelers' pass-rush, and I could see the Steelers giving Rivers fits (10 sacks?).

On the flip side, San Diego can not cover ANYBODY. Flowers has fallen off of a shelf, Varrett can't stay healthy, and Weddle has given up. Plus, the Chargers can't rush the passer. SUMMATION: AB and Bryant will have a field day.

Mach1
10-05-2015, 05:54 PM
3/5 of the Chargers O-line is injured; Fluker is playing injured; and, Barksdale is average. Combine that with the resurgence of the Steelers' pass-rush, and I could see the Steelers giving Rivers fits (10 sacks?).

On the flip side, San Diego can not cover ANYBODY. Flowers has fallen off of a shelf, Varrett can't stay healthy, and Weddle has given up. Plus, the Chargers can't rush the passer. SUMMATION: AB and Bryant will have a field day.

Thats assuming Vick can hit the broad side of the barn.

hawaiiansteeler
10-05-2015, 06:20 PM

On the flip side, San Diego can not cover ANYBODY. Flowers has fallen off of a shelf, Varrett can't stay healthy, and Weddle has given up.

Weddle was in on 11 tackles against the Brownies...

teegre
10-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Weddle was in on 11 tackles against the Brownies...

He's insanely talented.

In post-game interviews, he sounds defeated. He wants traded... he does his job, and does it well, but his heart is no longer in it.

hawaiiansteeler
10-05-2015, 06:34 PM
He's insanely talented.

In post-game interviews, he sounds defeated. He wants traded... he does his job, and does it well, but his heart is no longer in it.

why is that...money, team doesn't win enough, doesn't like his coach?

teegre
10-05-2015, 06:56 PM
why is that...money, team doesn't win enough, doesn't like his coach?

It started off as a contract dispute.. which, I think it opened his eyes to internal problems.

When asked why the Chargers only had 1 sack in the first three games, he replied: "What were you expecting???" (As in: we suck, we aren't going to get any sacks... as opposed to: I hope that we can get better, we're going to build on this.)

The scuttlebutt is that he's being openly pessimistic, in hopes of getting traded.

86WARD
10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Everything listed above goes against the Steelers. Those things go against the Steelers every time they go out to the west coast...lol.

hawaiiansteeler
10-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Everything listed above goes against the Steelers. Those things go against the Steelers every time they go out to the west coast...lol.

does anybody know the last time we won a west coast game?

polamalubeast
10-05-2015, 07:27 PM
does anybody know the last time we won a west coast game?

Arizona in 2011,I think.....

86WARD
10-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Week 7 in 2011 versus the Cardinals...if you count that as West Coast. Otherwise, 2005, Week 5 against the Chargers?

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2015, 09:07 PM
It started off as a contract dispute.. which, I think it opened his eyes to internal problems.

When asked why the Chargers only had 1 sack in the first three games, he replied: "What were you expecting???" (As in: we suck, we aren't going to get any sacks... as opposed to: I hope that we can get better, we're going to build on this.)

The scuttlebutt is that he's being openly pessimistic, in hopes of getting traded.

Trade them Shamarko, Jarvis Jones and Adams for him. We'll even throw in Archer!!!

teegre
10-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Week 7 in 2011 versus the Cardinals...if you count that as West Coast. Otherwise, 2005, Week 5 against the Chargers?

I was at both games... both were wins.

Deduce... infer... project...

This season, MNF tickets were too expensive for me (I added a 4th bedroom; so it wasn't in the cards)... but... just tonight, my dad informed me that he might be able get his hands on a ticket or two. (fingers crossed)

- - - Updated - - -

Trade them Shamarko, Jarvis Jones and Adams for him. We'll even throw in Archer!!!

They can have Cam Thomas back. :rofl2:

steel striker
10-06-2015, 11:19 AM
This well be a close game but, I think the steelers will win by 10. 27-17

SteelMayhem72
10-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Thats assuming Vick can hit the broad side of the barn.
Exactly...hes got to get the ball to them or its not gonna matter how good our receivers are

TD's & Beer
10-06-2015, 12:13 PM
I feel comfortable starting my boy Philip and Keenan Allen for big points - don't shoot me

Merchant
10-06-2015, 01:44 PM
No MNF losses since 1992. Let's keep err going.

Or did I just jinx it? Hehe.

polamalubeast
10-06-2015, 01:57 PM
No MNF losses since 1992. Let's keep err going.

Or did I just jinx it? Hehe.

No.....This is just at Home than the steelers have no losses since 1992 in MNF....

Merchant
10-06-2015, 02:02 PM
No.....This is just at Home than the steelers have no losses since 1992 in MNF....

Ohh. My bads.

86WARD
10-06-2015, 05:41 PM
They've lost many times on MNF since 1992.

hawaiiansteeler
10-06-2015, 07:44 PM
I feel comfortable starting my boy Philip and Keenan Allen for big points - don't shoot me

Antonio Gates is returning from his 4 game suspension, might as well pick him up too...:flap:

cali_fan
10-08-2015, 02:07 AM
Chargers are only favored by 3.

Also they lost a lot on the o-line.

Steelers will get AT LEAST 5 sacks

86WARD
10-08-2015, 04:16 AM
Antonio Gates is returning from his 4 game suspension, might as well pick him up too...:flap:

Perfect set up,for Gates to destroy the Steelers defense. I wouldn't sleep on Green either. They could line him up in the slot and he could do some damage as well...

teegre
10-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Chargers are only favored by 3.

Also they lost a lot on the o-line.

Steelers will get AT LEAST 5 sacks

Exactly.

Likewise, San Diego's run defense gives up the third most yards per play. Bell should used a LOT.

teegre
10-08-2015, 10:43 AM
I live in San Diego, and each day, I commute for about an hour to & from work. Work is on the border of San Diego & Orange counties; so, I also get about SIX sports-talk radio stations to choose from.

Weekly, I listen to inane drivel about the Chargers. Hours & hours of "Does Melvin Gordon suck?" discussions. So, I was eagerly looking forward to this week, because I figure that I'd be inundated with talk about the Steelers.

Nope.

Because of the owners meetings, they are only talking about the Chargers moving to LA. Argh!!! The timing of these meetings could not be worse for me. Seriously, I get one week of Steelers talk every few years... and thus far: zip, zero, nada.

They had John Clayton on to discuss the game, and I was like "Finally, here we go"... and then... they only talked to him about the stupid move to LA. I hate sports-talk radio in San Diego.

86WARD
10-08-2015, 10:57 AM
I live in San Diego, and each day, I commute for about an hour to & from work. Work is on the border of San Diego & Orange counties; so, I also get about SIX sports-talk radio stations to choose from.

Weekly, I listen to inane drivel about the Chargers. Hours & hours of "Does Melvin Gordon suck?" discussions. So, I was eagerly looking forward to this week, because I figure that I'd be inundated with talk about the Steelers.

Nope.

Because of the owners meetings, they are only talking about the Chargers moving to LA. Argh!!! The timing of these meetings could not be worse for me. Seriously, I get one week of Steelers talk every few years... and thus far: zip, zero, nada.

They had John Clayton on to discuss the game, and I was like "Finally, here we go"... and then... they only talked to him about the stupid move to LA. I hate sports-talk radio in San Diego.

You need to get satellite radio...

teegre
10-08-2015, 12:44 PM
You need to get satellite radio...

Is there a Pittsburgh station?

I had free XM when I purchased my car, but it was mostly "national" sports talk...

zulater
10-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Vick and Todd Haley, the partnership of the pair, could very well determine this game. I don't think we can win this game if the plan is to play Vick not to lose it That's where Haley comes in. He's going to have to figure out what Vick can do best in this offense, and intermix it in with LeVeon's running.
Bryant is back. The weapons are there. Vick and Haley have had 11 days to make it Vick's offense. I'm not saying he's going to have to put the team on his shoulders. But he's going to have to keep the sticks moving for all 4 quarters, convert third downs when he's called upon. Complete a pass or two deep to keep the defense from collapsing on Bell.

Perhaps I was too hard on Vick's game against the Ravens? Well that's water under the bridge. There's no excuses anymore. What he does from this game on should give us a solid indication of where his game is now. If Vick wants to continue on in the league be it a back-up or perhaps take a stab at a starters job,(Texans?) then he has to show something starting this week.

The same goes for Haley. We all know he wants another shot at a head coaching job. If he can tweak his offense with the talent he has to jive with what skill's Vick has left. Keep the ship afloat until Ben returns then hit overdrive, then he shou,d get his shot.

The last few weeks have convinced me that if the Steelers can survive this stretch of games with Vick, and Ben returns at close to 100% then this team can be playing into Febuary.

86WARD
10-08-2015, 07:04 PM

I had free XM when I purchased my car, but it was mostly "national" sports talk...

Not really, but they have plenty of sports content, NFL Radio, Fantasy Sports that will save you from that local garbage...not to mention all the other content you get...commercial free music, Howard Stern, etc.

StillCurtains
10-08-2015, 07:21 PM
This will be a good gauge on Vick and our coaches. They've had 11 days to prepare, so if they don't look even slightly better we're in trouble. I hope for at least 2 bombs for scores to Bryant. It can help free up AB. Not sure if Wheaton is a go or not with the ankle. I'm thinking more of a 3 point win. Only because Vick is not Ben.

86WARD
10-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Whatever they do, Brown has to be involved...if he's "involved" like he was against the Ravens, the Steelers have no shot IMO.

tube517
10-10-2015, 11:16 AM
He's insanely talented.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/future-steelers-free-agency-target-mike-tomlin-loves-chargers-s-eric-weddle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

teegre
10-10-2015, 03:29 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/future-steelers-free-agency-target-mike-tomlin-loves-chargers-s-eric-weddle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Trade BOYKIN for him.

Win-win for both teams.

Psycho Ward 86
10-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Trade BOYKIN for him.

Win-win for both teams.

Tomlin would probably keep using Will Allen because he's been "solid"

Steelersfan
10-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Yinz know Bryant isn't playing right ???

The Steelers have a very good record on Monday Night as someone stated above. This game might be on the opposite coast, but it should be a home game. I mean, who in California cares about the Chargers. The place is loaded with Black n Gold faithful fans.

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420/Narragansett55/1%20Personal%20Pix/Mikey/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/FB_IMG_1443984350169_zpsket4mqaa.jpg

BigBen2004
10-11-2015, 03:51 AM
Is anyone else surprised that EVERYONE is picking the Chargers in this game?

With their banged up O-line, receiving core and defense, this matchup favors us with or without Ben.
I know it'll be close. Like, heart attack close. But I believe in my heart that Pittsburgh will win this game. It's time for Tomlin to show his mettle. It's time for the defense to continue to improve, and for Vick to get the ball to AB. I expect all of those things to happen. I'd love for the pundits to shut up for a week..

Steeldude
10-11-2015, 06:10 AM
3 reasons it's going to be hard to win.

1. The Steelers are playing a WR at QB.

2. The Chargers are a bad team. Tomlin doesn't do well against bad teams.

3. Jarvis Jones is healthy.

: )

GBMelBlount
10-11-2015, 06:39 AM
3 reasons it's going to be hard to win.

1. The Steelers are playing a WR at QB.

2. The Chargers are a bad team. Tomlin doesn't do well against bad teams.

3. Jarvis Jones is healthy.

: )

1. Our QB will have a lot more preparation and our offense is top shelf.

2. Being 2 games out should offset the typical laziness when playing a bad team.

3. I got nothing.

86WARD
10-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Lol.

tube517
10-11-2015, 09:23 AM
Dont seek comfort in the form of mental weakness. Solid is solid. We will lose 22-11

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

ALLD
10-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Will they have Vick perform a trick punt on 4th and short? Will they run Archer up the middle again? Will Hayley try another drive killing and game killing trick play that makes no sense whatsoever even though 5 yards are picked up on every running play?Will Tomlin figure out yet another way to confuse everybody except the other team?

touchdownward
10-11-2015, 06:06 PM
I'm in the minority here (again), but I think we win this game. If Haley sticks to the run game of Bell and Williams early, opening up the passing game, we should get an early lead with the bolts piss poor run defense. If they try to get cute like in OT against the ravens, it won't be purty. Also, the Steelers usually play very well on Monday night. With all that said, I am a Steelers homer, so who knows. :peep:

hawaiiansteeler
10-11-2015, 11:49 PM
@Alex_Kozora If Steelers lose in SD, 3 back, 1 back in WC, 0-3 in AFC. Pretty much a must win.

https://twitter.com/DwarfToss/status/653306417009586181

zulater
10-12-2015, 05:08 AM
@Alex_Kozora If Steelers lose in SD, 3 back, 1 back in WC, 0-3 in AFC. Pretty much a must win.

https://twitter.com/DwarfToss/status/653306417009586181

Last year the Steelers were in a worse spot, but they finished the last 10 at 8-2 to win the division. Obviously the Bengals hot start puts us in a bit of a hole there, but if we win our remaining division games that lead wouldn't be insurmountable.

Bottom line if we can ever get our people back healthy this is in my opinion a legitimate challenger. It all depends on when Ben gets back, and if he's back at near his best. Assuming Ben misses the next two. That gives him ten games. Another 8-2 combined with the two wins we already have and we're most likely in the playoffs. Now if Vick can help win one or both of the next two we would be in great position.

tube517
10-12-2015, 11:11 AM
I just want a win. I don't care if Heath lines up at QB. Just get the damn W.

And, I expect nothing from Vick. He's a scrub. If he helps get a W, I'll take it.

steelerdude15
10-12-2015, 06:45 PM

Do you have a smart phone? If you do, you can download the CBS Local app, pick Pittsburgh as your city and you'll be able to listen to 93.7 The Fan.

hawaiiansteeler
10-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Steelers 30
Deadbolts 27

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

teegre
10-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Do you have a smart phone? If you do, you can download the CBS Local app, pick Pittsburgh as your city and you'll be able to listen to 93.7 The Fan.

Awesome. Seriously, thank you very much.

fansince'76
10-12-2015, 11:58 PM

So in other words, nonstop knobslobbing of Brady and Rodgers at the expense of the rest of the NFL?

teegre
10-13-2015, 12:01 AM
So in other words, nonstop knobslobbing of Brady and Rodgers at the expense of the rest of the NFL?

It used to be Peyton, too... but, now he's been replaced by Luck.

Thou shalt not talk despairingly about the Holy Trinity.

86WARD
10-13-2015, 06:16 AM
It used to be Peyton, too... but, now he's been replaced by Luck.

Thou shalt not talk despairingly about the Holy Trinity.

If Ben was still healthy the league would have no choice but to slob his knob along side Brady and Rodgers...

Count Steeler
10-13-2015, 06:24 AM
If Ben was still healthy the league would have no choice but to slob his knob along side Brady and Rodgers...

Never! The credit would be spread around to the improved O Line and the 2 best offensive weapons in the league, Bell and Brown. "Just imagine what Brady and Rogers could do with Bell and Brown." So the narrative would go.

teegre
10-13-2015, 07:04 AM

Unfortunately, no they wouldn't.

For example, the SD media was whining about missing this player and that player, while the Steelers were "only" missing BB. They were acting like the Chargers being without Chris Watt (an average OC) is equivalent to missing BB. Unreal.