PDA

View Full Version : Analyzing the O-line

Steeldude
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Week 4 of the preseason is usually boring in the best of situations. When Byron Leftwich left Thursday’s game with a knee injury, it became the equivalent of re-ordering your sock drawer. Charlie Batch came in and handed off — repeatedly — as Pittsburgh tried to burn through the clock as quickly as possible....

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/09/analyzing-offensive-line-linemen-spots/

Steeldude
09-04-2010, 07:46 AM
it looks like it's going to be...

starks
kemo
pouncey
essex
adams

legursky
hills
foster
j. scott

i can't see them carrying more than nine O-linemen. that does not look like a formidable O-line, IMO.

SteelerFanInStl
09-04-2010, 10:16 AM
What has happened to Urbik? A 3rd round draft pick that can't even make the team in his 2nd year is a very poor pick. Hard to believe that we don't have anyone better than Essex to start at RG.

tube517
09-04-2010, 11:46 AM
urbik=bruce davis=3rd round draft pick fail

What has happened to Urbik? A 3rd round draft pick that can't even make the team in his 2nd year is a very poor pick. Hard to believe that we don't have anyone better than Essex to start at RG.

oneforthetoe
09-04-2010, 12:33 PM
urbik=bruce davis=3rd round draft pick fail

Not willing to say that yet. He may still develop into a serviceable guard (he did improve this season by most accounts). If he makes it onto our practice squad maybe even with us. The fact that he can not play another position, doesn't play a hard to fill position such as left tackle and that frankly he doesn't stand out as having a great deaL more potential than other o'lineman that do fit the first two criteria. I see him as a loser of the numbers game. We don't have a great o'line, but our depth is decent.

Steeldude
09-04-2010, 01:21 PM

it's going to be a long year. i think if essex fails they will replace him with legursky.