PDA

View Full Version : Timmons broke (5) of Smith's Ribs !

katmandu
10-03-2015, 09:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000547970/article/ravens-steve-smith-fractures-back-out-for-week-5

Should've broken his jaw to shut his big mouth up!

zulater
10-03-2015, 09:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000547970/article/ravens-steve-smith-fractures-back-out-for-week-5

Should've broken his jaw to shut his big mouth up!

Yeah, know what you mean. Not an easy guy to feel sympathy for.

ALLD
10-03-2015, 09:16 PM
He should have ran out of bounds if he didn't want to risk the hit.

Count Steeler
10-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Ouch.

Let's see now, will the crack NFL video review crew have something to say about the hit? Timmons was leading with his helmet, so $15,000. Remember, no flag on the play.

I'm waiting NFL crew, I'm waiting...

katmandu
10-03-2015, 09:23 PM
https://static.dyp.im/aiEgc4SehU/b77c06b7dfb0dc7f0e38ec518703b858.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch.

Let's see now, will the crack NFL video review crew have something to say about the hit? Timmons was leading with his helmet, so $15,000. Remember, no flag on the play.

I'm waiting NFL crew, I'm waiting...Easily worth $15 g's for LT!

What's really pussified of Smith is he's whining about Mitchell's mouth and not calling out LT for busting his ribs! That's a REAL pussy!

86WARD
10-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Ouch.

I'm waiting NFL crew, I'm waiting...

So they'll go and fine the result of the play instead of the actual play?

Count Steeler
10-03-2015, 09:33 PM

I hope not, but... Watch Harbitch and the Ratbirds make a stink about it.

katmandu
10-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Mitchell is no where near this play.

Psycho Ward 86
10-03-2015, 10:02 PM
lol really guys? youd all love it if steve smith played his career with the steelers. stop being classless acts that celebrate injuries to opponents.

that type of bush league crap is relegated to patriots fans

fansince'76
10-03-2015, 10:08 PM

They've been doing that regularly since about 2010. Oh, and the amount of stink the media makes about it is a big factor too.

I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed if Timmons gets fined after Mark Barron wasn't.

hawaiiansteeler
10-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Mitchell is no where near this play.

he usually isn't.

but that didn't stop Mitchell from coming over to Smith after the play was over to ask Smith how he liked the hit...

Steeldude
10-03-2015, 11:08 PM
https://static.dyp.im/aiEgc4SehU/b77c06b7dfb0dc7f0e38ec518703b858.jpghttps://static.dyp.im/aiEgc4SehU/b77c06b7dfb0dc7f0e38ec518703b858.jpghttps://static.dyp.im/aiEgc4SehU/b77c06b7dfb0dc7f0e38ec518703b858.jpghttps://static.dyp.im/aiEgc4SehU/b77c06b7dfb0dc7f0e38ec518703b858.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Easily worth $15 g's for LT!

What's really pussified of Smith is he's whining about Mitchell's mouth and not calling out LT for busting his ribs! That's a REAL pussy!

Look at Blake. No concept on how to tackle.

SteelMayhem72
10-03-2015, 11:10 PM
lol really guys? youd all love it if steve smith played his career with the steelers. stop being classless acts that celebrate injuries to opponents.

I for one would have NEVER loved steve smith to play for the steelers with all his get up in your face after every time he is hit or tackled, sorry but this dude deserved it. That being said he is just like mike mitchell who I do not like as well and he IS a steeler!

86WARD
10-04-2015, 06:10 AM
Look at Blake. No concept on how to tackle.

Blake is using that Troy Polamalu technique.

86WARD
10-04-2015, 06:11 AM

I definitely am on record as liking Smith and would be ecstatic if he played his career with he Steelers.

j-d-s
10-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Steelers players always get fined. Remember, Harrison probably has the record for the most fines in history.

katmandu
10-04-2015, 10:45 AM

that type of bush league crap is relegated to patriots fansWho's celebrating ?

86WARD
10-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Maybe from the Mike Mitchell thread? :noidea:

hawaiiansteeler
10-04-2015, 01:40 PM
I definitely am on record as liking Smith and would be ecstatic if he played his career with he Steelers.

I'm with you, I respect Smith's hard-nosed style of play and his toughness. he reminds me a lot of Hines Ward...

zulater
10-04-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm with you, I respect Smith's hard-nosed style of play and his toughness. he reminds me a lot of Hines Ward...

Ward never broke the face of a fellow Steeler.Smith has assaulted teammates on three separate occasions. I wonder if the guy will tone it down once his playing days are done? Wouldn't be a shock if this guy finds himself in jail once his football days are over.

Ward is hardcore, old school tough. Smith is a borderline psycho. :lol:.

hawaiiansteeler
10-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Ward never broke the face of a fellow Steeler.Smith has assaulted teammates on three separate occasions. I wonder if the guy will tone it down once his playing days are done? Wouldn't be a shock if this guy finds himself in jail once his football days are over.

yeah, Steve Smith has anger management issues and has had trouble controlling his temper.

but on the football field, he is one tough SOB...

SteelMayhem72
10-04-2015, 03:24 PM

Yeah I forgot about those incidents...all the more reason I dont like him. Sorry guys, this is one guy im glad got hurt to maybe shut his mouth. To have a lifetime hit list shows this guys character.

steel striker
10-04-2015, 04:46 PM
I'll be pissed if Timmons gets fined for this hit my god and, seemed like a legal hit to me! Bad break for Smith no pund intended.

hawaiiansteeler
10-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Steve Smith still has Mike Mitchell on hit list

Posted by Mike Florio on October 17, 2015

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpw mym2viodixnjuwymu5njzjodyzzde5zge1ntuwnjm0-e1445126785521.jpeg?w=238

When the Ravens and Steelers got together earlier this month, Baltimore receiver Steve Smith believed that Pittsburgh safety Mike Mitchell had speared Smith in the back with a helmet. This prompted Smith to put Mitchell on Smith’s personal, lifetime hit list.

Smith has since realized that Mitchell didn’t hit Smith. That hasn’t prompted a reprieve from Smith.

“[Lawrence] Timmons hit me, which I didn’t know,” Smith said Friday, via the team’s official website. “But Mike Mitchell, my former teammate, gets up and he’s talking, he’s kind of celebrating. He was in my face after I got up, when I was giving the ball to the ref, as if he hit me. Like a moron, I assumed that he actually did something.

“Then, when I went down because my back was hurting, he was yelling, ‘Yeah, how do you like that!’ and he said a few words. . . . That’s what ticked me off.”

So what about Timmons?

“It was a good, solid hit by Timmons,” Smith said. “He was knocking people all over the field.”

So what’s the criteria for landing on the list?

“You get on it because you’re stupid,” Smith said.

Smith will reunite with Mitchell, a former teammate of Smith’s in Carolina, on December 27.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/17/steve-smith-still-has-mike-mitchell-on-hit-list/

katmandu
10-18-2015, 12:12 AM
So what about Timmons?

“It was a good, solid hit by Timmons,” Smith said. “He was knocking people all over the field.”He scared shittttless of LT !! LOL !

Shoes
10-18-2015, 12:57 AM
What a jackass.

Craic
10-18-2015, 01:49 AM
So what about Timmons?

“It was a good, solid hit by Timmons,” Smith said. “He was knocking people all over the field.”

So what’s the criteria for landing on the list?

“You get on it because you’re stupid,” Smith said.

I may not like the guy, but I gotta admit, that's pretty right on, right there.

86WARD
10-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Wouldn't a "hit list" be very similar to a "bounty list"? I don't see the NFL stepping in and taking this seriously...you know for Mitchell's "safety"...

BigNastyDefense
10-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Well since they aren't teammates, we don't have to worry about Mitchell getting his eye socket broken on a sucker punch by Steve Smith in practice.

While I love the hard nosed style of play that Smith uses on the field, the guys is and always has been a punk.

SteelerFanInStl
10-18-2015, 11:31 AM
I may not like the guy, but I gotta admit, that's pretty right on, right there.

I agree. Mitchell needs to shut up.

Craic
10-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't a "hit list" be very similar to a "bounty list"? I don't see the NFL stepping in and taking this seriously...you know for Mitchell's "safety"...

No, nothing alike. Bounty list means you're getting paid to injure a player. Person hit list means you're just pissed off at a guy.

fansince'76
10-18-2015, 03:31 PM
No, nothing alike. Bounty list means you're getting paid to injure a player. Person hit list means you're just pissed off at a guy.

It's supposedly still a no-no...

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(b) prohibits “using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, official or representatives of the League."

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

(b) The use of abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials,
or representatives of the League.

Note 2: Violations of (b) or (c) (above), which occur before or during the game may result in disqualification in addition to the yardage penalty. Any violations at the game site on the day of the game, including postgame, may result in discipline by the Commissioner.

Craic
10-18-2015, 03:41 PM
It's supposedly still a no-no...

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(b) prohibits “using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, official or representatives of the League."

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

(b) The use of abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials,
or representatives of the League.

Note 2: Violations of (b) or (c) (above), which occur before or during the game may result in disqualification in addition to the yardage penalty. Any violations at the game site on the day of the game, including postgame, may result in discipline by the Commissioner.

Actually, no, recheck the the first part of note 2. which occur before or during the game. He said it after the game, so, by technicality, it's not even against the rules. Nevertheless, I understand what you're getting at and even agree (especially since there is another game against the Ravens). But, my point above was that bounty list and personal hit list are very different.

86WARD
10-18-2015, 03:45 PM

No...it's very much the same. You don't have to be paid for a Bounty...lol. Who says that a "hit list" is just a "pissed off list"? A hit list is just that...someone you want to get a hit on...by all means necessary. lol

katmandu
10-18-2015, 05:27 PM
No...it's very much the same. You don't have to be paid for a Bounty...lol. Who says that a "hit list" is just a "pissed off list"? A hit list is just that...someone you want to get a hit on...by all means necessary. lolJust goes to prove that Smith is a big of punk as he thinks Mitchell is. Very childish.

86WARD
10-18-2015, 06:31 PM
To be honest, they are both punks...