PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Jarvis ? ONE ASSIST ! Are you Kidding ??

katmandu
10-02-2015, 12:30 AM
According to the Box Score of NFL.com, Jarvis only had (1) assist.

That basically is 1/2 of Tackle for a whole nights work!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015100100/2015/REG4/ravens@steelers#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Shoes
10-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Jones, Sham, Cortez and Cam need to take the Ziggy Hood river barge out of town.

Steeldude
10-02-2015, 12:43 AM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015100100/2015/REG4/ravens@steelers#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Isn't he your guy you have been making excuses for?

tube517
10-02-2015, 04:41 AM

Not even a whole night. I saw a lot of Dupree and Deebo in the 4th quarter and OT.

86WARD
10-02-2015, 06:01 AM
Not even a whole night. I saw a lot of Dupree and Deebo in the 4th quarter and OT.

As it should be...the best players should be on the field...

dduc996
10-02-2015, 06:18 AM
[COLOR=#333333]That basically is 1/2 of Tackle for a whole nights work!

And made more then I will for a full year.
[emoji615]

fansince'76
10-02-2015, 06:19 AM
On a more positive note, it's looking like Dupree wasn't another complete whiff at OLB. However, it would have been nice to be able to go after a DB instead of having to go to the well for another OLB in the first round during the last draft.

Drazo85
10-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Im affraid that Steelers would stick with Jones until season ends. Then its time to swallow the pride and get rid at least three of these players: Jarvis Jones, Landry Jones, Cam Thomas, Shamarko Thomas, Dri Archer, Cortez Allen. Please feel free to add someone if i forgot.

fansince'76
10-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Im affraid that Steelers would stick with Jones until season ends. Then its time to swallow the pride and get rid at least three of these players: Jarvis Jones, Landry Jones, Cam Thomas, Shamarko Thomas, Dri Archer, Cortez Allen. Please feel free to add someone if i forgot.

Mike Mitchell.

The Bark
10-02-2015, 07:15 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw Jones in there during OT. Yeah, he was rather quiet, but I could have sworn I saw him in on several tackles (at least two). I also noted he was dropping back into coverage a number of times.

katmandu
10-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Isn't he your guy you have been making excuses for?Yup. That wrist injury "excuse" was legit and should be over that by now.

He's had his opportunities to shine and he's just proving that he just SUCKS at the NFL level. At least as far as 1st Round draft picks go

86WARD
10-02-2015, 10:45 AM

Why can't we get rid of all 6?

86WARD
10-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Archer is nothing but a cone for the ball to go over. No need to have him back there watching kicks go into the end zone. I could do that and I'd do it for half the price. I'm not wearing #13 though.

Drazo85
10-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Why can't we get rid of all 6?
Don't get me wrong. I would love it, but unfortunately we are living in a harsh reality.

steelerdude15
10-02-2015, 01:40 PM
I remember being so excited when we drafted Jarvis in 2013. I thought that we were drafting a linebacker who could be a future cornerstone for the defense because of his athletic abilities and his ability to sack quarterbacks at Georgia. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was a rookie, because he was a rookie in a Dick Lebeau defense and even last year when he injured his wrist, but I can't give him that anymore. He isn't showing much at this time and its becoming apparent he won't do much. I hate to see it because one, its a wasted draft pick that was a first round draft pick and two, I never want to see any Steeler fail.

86WARD
10-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Right there with you Steelerdude. I was excited as well...

zulater
10-03-2015, 09:14 PM

Mike Adams

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. That wrist injury "excuse" was legit and should be over that by now.

He's had his opportunities to shine and he's just proving that he just SUCKS at the NFL level. At least as far as 1st Round draft picks go

There's nothing wrong with being wrong if you own it when you're proven wrong. :chuckle: :wink02:

Count Steeler
10-03-2015, 09:15 PM

Mike Mitchell.

Mike Adams

Beat me to it Zu.

katmandu
10-03-2015, 09:26 PM
There's nothing wrong with being wrong if you own it when you're proven wrong. :chuckle: :wink02: :salute: I hear ya man, but that wrist injury he had was no joke. I sprained my wrist lifting a (4) months back and that shit still hurts. Still not back to my max yet.

That said, I'm afraid Jarvis won't improve much more... if any. Appears he's topped out.... ALREADY.

Count Steeler
10-03-2015, 09:29 PM
There was 1 play I remember that the Ravens LT just threw him to the ground like a rag doll. The play went to the right and Jones wasn't too quick to get up.

I got a feeling that the Steelers will put him on IR just to save face. He may injure himself in practice this coming week.

Steeldude
10-03-2015, 11:11 PM
There was 1 play I remember that the Ravens LT just threw him to the ground like a rag doll. The play went to the right and Jones wasn't too quick to get up.

I got a feeling that the Steelers will put him on IR just to save face. He may injure himself in practice this coming week.

I saw that play and I believe I commented on it in the Gameday thread.

The Steelers are going to out Jones on IR? He's hurt?

Count Steeler
10-04-2015, 06:52 AM
I saw that play and I believe I commented on it in the Gameday thread.

The Steelers are going to out Jones on IR? He's hurt?

Might be the best way to save face. Just say the wrist is acting up and he needs more surgery or rest or whatever. Whatever game this kid had has left the building. Looks like he may have joined the Mike Adams Heart-less club.

86WARD
10-04-2015, 08:26 AM
I think Adams has more heart than Jones...