PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw: If I Could Do It Over Again... It Would Not Be In Pittsburgh !

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Ha Ha Ha... No Comment... I just don't have anything left to say bout this looney-tune:thumbdown:

I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here (in New Orleans) and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?"

LINK: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20100902/SPORTS0405/9020319/1001/sports

Shoes
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Terry seems to be getting senile. Sad to see him making a fool of himself

Burghfan58
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm beginning to think Bradshaw was drinking when he did this interview. That statement won't go over well in the Burgh.

Edman
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I have no comment, either.

Looks like Pittsburgh has their very own Jim Brown.

Hindes204
09-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Ha Ha Ha... No Comment... I just don't have anything left to say bout this looney-tune:thumbdown:

LINK: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20100902/SPORTS0405/9020319/1001/sports

I cant blame him for that quote...hes a new orleans native. If i grew up talented enough to be in the NFL and ended up playing for someone other than the steelers, even if I had success with the other team, I would always dream about playing for the team I grew up watching. I have no ill will towards him for makn this statement, I understand

Shoes
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I cant blame him for that quote...hes a new orleans native. If i grew up talented enough to be in the NFL and ended up playing for someone other than the steelers, even if I had success with the other team, I would always dream about playing for the team I grew up watching. I have no ill will towards him for makn this statement, I understand

I understand that Hindes, but if Terry would have been in NO he wouldn't have won any SB's

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."

Much different from this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9wWhUWTcVQ

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Shoes;48205]I understand that Hindes, but if Terry would have been in NO he wouldn't have won any SB's

"I would do it all over again: I wish I didn't have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls -- how cool would that have been?" he said. "Then I wouldn't have to go around making speeches, either."

Here u go shoes...

SteelGhost
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I understand that Hindes, but if Terry would have been in NO he wouldn't have won any SB's

Well said Shoes, in NO there were no Swann, Stallworth, Harris, Bleier, Chuck Noll, and those guys called "The Steel Curtain" One individual can't win it all by himself, he needs a great team around him, and the 70's Steelers had a lot of stellar players.

I like TB and I appreciate his talent and all, but I wish he hadn't made those comments, he's the greatest QB of all time in MY book.

NJarhead
09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
What an asshole. Thanks for the memories, asshole.

tube517
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Eh, I think that goes back to his early days of getting booed. I wouldn't put too much into that. His audience was in Louisiana. Alot of that era's players don't like today's players.

I'm still pissed about the "I pray they don't reduce Ben's suspension" comments though.

BlastFurnace
09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
My father used to tell me....when I was a kid...if the Steelers had Archie Manning or Bert Jones as their QB in the 70's...that they would have won 6 Super Bowls.

I was always a fan of Terry's as a kid. I still am as an adult, but he's just a bitter old man now.

Kaeg
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
It sure sounds like he's deliberately trying to piss off Steeler nation with these comments recently. Even if he means no offense, he's got to know how this type of comment would go over and chooses to say it anyway.

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM
My father used to tell me....when I was a kid...if the Steelers had Archie Manning or Bert Jones as their QB in the 70's...that they would have won 6 Super Bowls.

I was always a fan of Terry's as a kid. I still am as an adult, but he's just a bitter old man now.

Well put... never looked at it that way...

BnG_Hevn
09-03-2010, 07:02 PM

Why, because the team around him made him great? Isn't that the reason why he is never rated very high in all the pundits' opinions, which is criticized by pittsburgh fans?

SteelerFanInStl
09-03-2010, 08:02 PM
If Terry had played for the Saints, he would've been another Archie Manning. He should be thankful for the team that he played for and helped him win 4 SBs.

Carolina Steelers
09-03-2010, 08:26 PM
WOW i cant believe he said that out loud, I understand he would have like playing for his home team, but to say if you could do it all over again you wouldn't play for the Steelers!! OUCH I have lost some respect for Bradshaw I mean all respect!!

stillers4me
09-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I wonder what his teammates think about that statement?

memphissteelergirl
09-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I wonder what his teammates think about that statement?

It would be interesting to find out, huh?

And somewhere, "Fats" Holmes and Dwight White are scowling. :mad:

fansince'76
09-03-2010, 10:01 PM
He was playing to the crowd, IMO. Of course he's gonna say that in a speech given in Shreveport, LA.

On a side note, I think his comments regarding modern players was dead on.

Shoes
09-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Why, because the team around him made him great? Isn't that the reason why he is never rated very high in all the pundits' opinions, which is criticized by pittsburgh fans?

Terry was part of a TEAM that made the STEELERS great.....

JayC
09-03-2010, 10:13 PM
to say "i wish i wasn't a steeler" is far worse to me than saying "if i could do it over, i would have won 4 superbowls with the saints". might mean the same thing but he really dissed us to me. what an assclown!

oneforthetoe
09-03-2010, 10:42 PM
He was playing to the crowd, IMO. Of course he's gonna say that in a speech given in Shreveport, LA.

It's like being at a concert where the band works the name of the city into the lyrics and a bunch of drunk morons go, "OMG, I can't believe they did that - that is awesome." In fact, I remember at this Bangels concert once when they were singing ... wait, did I say Bangles concert? :doh: Oh no that's not what I meant. Why would I go to a Bangels concert (that anyone can prove). :jawdrop2: What I really meant to say was, "I remember this time at a Led Zepllin concert ...." Yea, that's what I meant to say.:nod:

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 11:34 PM
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

Say to his face Lambert's face Terry :chuckle:

I gotta say though, this is shocking a shocking revelation for me...

Wheelz
09-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I moved to Pittsburgh in 1995, so I only witnessed the Steelers dynasty of the 70s and early 80s from afar. I always assumed Terry Bradshaw was universally exalted here in the 'Burgh, and I remember the mixed reactions I got from the people I talked to in the little town i first moved to.... Washington, PA. I always found that quite interesting.

One particular person always made me laugh, but his honest opinion was something that always stuck with me. This little old guy was a course ranger at a little golf course called Fort Cherry, out in Washington County. He always seemed to be on the 10th hole, sitting in the shade and talking to guys starting the back nine, and he ALWAYS found a way to slip in that Terry Bradshaw used to play the course back in 'the day'. After what became a predictable pause, he'd go on to say that he was one of the dumbest people he'd ever talked to, and he was quite animated in trying to convey just how dumb Bradshaw came across. I always tried to pretend I was hearing the story for the first time, but I heard it just about every Thursday during warm weather months for 10 years or so. :)

Lots of people here were less than enchanted with him even during the glory years, it would seem. Coming from Louisiana, that had to be a huge culture shock to him during the rolling steel industry years. It's unfortunate he still holds the same grudges, but I've seen him display some of the pride at times, also. Whenever it suits him best, I suppose.

stlrtruck
09-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Nothing to see here people. It's just Bradshaw saying he would have liked to play for the Saints, his home team growing up. Really not surprising, there are many athletes who dream about that as children and later express it.

It's Bradshaw saying nothing more than what a lot of us think/dream, etc.

His comments on Ben are just media hype. Obviously there is some bad blood between him and Ben, but really who cares. It could be one of two things. One he is bitter than Pittsburgh finally got another QB to fill his shoes or two he's just as much a drama queen as the players he ridicules in his speech.

Either way it doesn't matter. As for Bradsahw, I remember during the SB in Tampa, there was talk of having Bradshaw coming down to do a speech, but the key factor on our fan club going is that he wasn't going to sign autographs. Really? Why is that Terry? Is it because you weren't getting paid to sign stuff?

Craic
09-04-2010, 12:28 AM

Bingo.

And no, I don't think Terry has lost it... I think he has hit the nail on the head just about every place in that article. Funny how people think it should be "an honor" to play for Pittsburgh in the 70's, when they were hanging you in effigy... then singing your praises... then turning on you and hanging you in effigy again at the end.

Heck, I am shocked he has EVER had a kind word to say about the Steelers' fans. Seems to me, I remember the same thing about 2 years ago concerning Ben, just before he took us to a second superbowl. Wait until he makes just one big mistake ON the field... and he will be torn up again... "holds the ball too long" "can't read the defense" etc. etc.

Really, you mean to tell me someone is SURPRISED by Bradshaw's statements?

Shoes
09-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Bingo.

And no, I don't think Terry has lost it... I think he has hit the nail on the head just about every place in that article. Funny how people think it should be "an honor" to play for Pittsburgh in the 70's, when they were hanging you in effigy... then singing your praises... then turning on you and hanging you in effigy again at the end.

Heck, I am shocked he has EVER had a kind word to say about the Steelers' fans. Seems to me, I remember the same thing about 2 years ago concerning Ben, just before he took us to a second superbowl. Wait until he makes just one big mistake ON the field... and he will be torn up again... "holds the ball too long" "can't read the defense" etc. etc.

Really, you mean to tell me someone is SURPRISED by Bradshaw's statements?

I think I'm surprised (and sorry for him), that after 30 years he still can't seem to let it go. The fickleness of fan's will always be.....I almost dread the season starting :chuckle:

tihmtahm
09-04-2010, 01:24 AM
I think Bradshaw is jealous that right away the Steeler fans loved Ben. No matter what he does, we haven't turned on him. Bradshaw has a right to be pissed about how fans treated him. He said in an interview that the only reason Steeler fans ever loved him was because of the SB's he won. Not the same with Ben. I actually feel bad for Bradshaw.

Craic
09-04-2010, 03:14 AM
I think I'm surprised (and sorry for him), that after 30 years he still can't seem to let it go. The fickleness of fan's will always be.....I almost dread the season starting :chuckle:

LOL.

SteelerEmpire
09-04-2010, 08:56 AM
I think Bradshaw is jealous that right away the Steeler fans loved Ben. No matter what he does, we haven't turned on him. Bradshaw has a right to be pissed about how fans treated him. He said in an interview that the only reason Steeler fans ever loved him was because of the SB's he won. Not the same with Ben. I actually feel bad for Bradshaw.

Maybe he just needs a hug ?