PDA

View Full Version : Goats.

zulater
10-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Josh Scobee. Cut him tonight. He's a sack of shit.

Mike Vick. Not an NFL qb. We will not win a game until Ben comes back.

Todd Haley. 4th and 1, and you put the ball in vick's hands rather than Bell's? Idiot! :doh:

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Scobee, Tomlin and Haley

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Vick was fine, 2nd half play calling lost this game along with coaching and Scobee

Drazo85
10-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Only Scobee. If he makes one of the kicks it would be over and we would talk about how great our defense was, and how our offense was bad, but that's what we expected when Ben went out.

The Bark
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Tomlin. Screw Scobee. The guy is what he is. It's the coach's decision to let him kick a second time. Did they think putting new seating in that end of the stadium would make it easier on kickers, or did they just forget the history of bad kicking from that end? Tomlin needs to own this one.

CaSteel
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Mike Tomlin is a terrible game manager and there are very good reasons why Vick and Scobee were unemployed

Steelman
10-01-2015, 10:59 PM
I can't blame Vick for this loss. He outperformed my expectations by a mile.

This one is on Scobee, Haley and Tomlin.

vader29
10-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Definitely Scooby Doo.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2im6gsy.jpg

JayC
1) Scobee
2) Vick/Tomlin/Hayley - too conservative in the 2nd half, vick can't complete a pass when it's most important

Edman
This one is on the coaches.

Mike Tomlin.

Todd Haley.

Josh Scobee. This guy needs to go.

zulater
Vick was fine, 2nd half play calling lost this game along with coaching and Scobee

No Vick wasn't fine. "They played hide the qb for the entire game. You can't run an NFL offense with that dunce running the show. Not that we're not stuck with him until Ben gets back. But no, the guy has no touch on passes. Can't read a defense to save his life. Tell me how many third downs did he convert with completions?

Craic
Josh Scobee. Cut him tonight. He's a sack of shit.

Mike Vick. Not an NFL qb. We will not win a game until Ben comes back.

Todd Haley. 4th and 1, and you put the ball in vick's hands rather than Bell's? Idiot! :doh:

Vick, a goat? He's a second string QB who came in and completed 76 percent of his passes, didn't turn the ball over once, and threw for one TD. He played good, smart, conservative football. Had Scobee not missed, Vick would have been patted on the back for a solid game.

Haley? Meh. Everyone and their dog expects Bell to have the ball. Not to mention, you're going to your number one receiver. I agree with you it probably wasn't the best call, but, it by far doesn't make Haley a goat. That honor belongs well and truly to one player. Scobee.

tube517
10-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Haley and Tomlin's conservative turtle offense in the 3rd quarter was pitiful.

I'm not going to ride Vick too hard. He is a backup and one that came off the streets. I wasn't expecting very much but they should have let him loose a little bit.

Scobee needs to take Archer and nowhere to be found Jarvis and Landry Jones and Cam Thomas w/him out the door.

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 11:03 PM
What the hell happened to our DL, they used to be good, put Cam Thomas in and we get gashed. Should have cut him last year.

Shoes
Tomlin, Haley, Scobee.

zoneblitzerII
Mike Tomlin is a terrible game manager and there are very good reasons why Vick and Scobee were unemployed
We have a winner!

Edman
No Vick wasn't fine. "They played hide the qb for the entire game. You can't run an NFL offense with that dunce running the show. Not that we're not stuck with him until Ben gets back. But no, the guy has no touch on passes. Can't read a defense to save his life. Tell me how many third downs did he convert with completions?

Vick came in and did what was asked to do. Not lose the game.

He didn't lose the game, but he didn't win it either.

That's completely on the coaches.

86WARD
Tomlin, Haley, Scobee, Rush Defense.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Vick, a goat? He's a second string QB who came in and completed 76 percent of his passes, didn't turn the ball over once, and threw for one TD. He played good, smart, conservative football. Had Scobee not missed, Vick would have been patted on the back for a solid game.

Haley? Meh. Everyone and their dog expects Bell to have the ball. Not to mention, you're going to your number one receiver. I agree with you it probably wasn't the best call, but, it by far doesn't make Haley a goat. That honor belongs well and truly to one player. Scobee.

So tell me about all the third and fourth downs he converted? :coffee:

Completion percentage is a joke when you throw balls to receivers behind the first down marker and give them no chance to get yards after the catch.

there was a reason the guy was unemployed. He's not an NFL qb.

Edman
10-01-2015, 11:06 PM

In Pittsburgh, we get mad at the backup QB for not throwing to 5 TD passes in a conservative gameplan.

dislocatedday
10-01-2015, 11:06 PM
What the hell happened to our DL, they used to be good, put Cam Thomas in and we get gashed. Should have cut him last year.

Did McLendon get hurt at some point? I could not figure out why Cam Thomas was on the field so much tonight.

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 11:07 PM
In Pittsburgh, we get mad at the backup QB for not throwing to 5 TD passes in a conservative gameplan.

Says the guy who shits on the starting QB every chance he gets...

tube517
Did McLendon get hurt at some point? I could not figure out why Cam Thomas was on the field so much tonight.

McClendon is injury prone and Big Dan McCullers was inactive/hurt.

86WARD

Completion percentage is a joke when you throw balls to receivers behind the first down marker and give them no chance to get yards after the catch.

there was a reason the guy was unemployed. He's not an NFL qb.

Some of those plays are designed by the OC. They shouldn't even be an option. A 3rd & 4 play where there's a receiver 3 yards behind the first down marker? That's a joke. I'm not defending Vick, but those play designs/calls were TERRIBLE.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:08 PM

No we get mad because he can't convert third and fourth downs in short yardage situations with the game in the balance.

fansince'76

Completion percentage is a joke when you throw balls to receivers behind the line of scrimmage and give them no chance to get yards after the catch.

FIFY.

dislocatedday
I think our Dline was also getting tired in the 4th after being on the filed so much of the night after all the brilliant 3 and outs by the offense. I also noticed a sequence of drives where the Ravens were pulling out their cut blocks and diving into the lower legs/knees of Tuitt, Heyward, and Bud Dupree.

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:09 PM
The D-Line got worked all night in the run game.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Vick averaged 4.8 yards per pass attempt. :doh:

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 11:10 PM
We get it zulater, you hate Vic, good for you.

polamalubeast
10-01-2015, 11:11 PM
The steelers was 2/13 on 3rd down and 0/2 on fourth down.....

- - - Updated - - -

Vick averaged 4.8 yards per pass attempt. :doh:

Yards per attempts is more important than completion %....I agree...

JayC
10-01-2015, 11:12 PM
at the end of the day the players have to execute. scobee needs to hit his field goals and vick has to hit brown for that first down. scobee must go

Edman
Says the guy who shits on the starting QB every chance he gets...

The Starting QB wouldn't have made a damn difference for braindead coaching and playcalling.

86WARD
Because of all that short garbage they were calling. Vick's strengths have historically been the mid-range passing game. Yet how many mid range passes were thrown tonight? People think he was a great deep ball thrower, but he's actually pretty terrible at it accuracy wise. he throws the ball with ease, but he's not accurate with it.

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 11:14 PM
The Starting QB wouldn't have made a damn difference for braindead coaching.

Please. If Ben played tonight the game is probably another 20+ point beatdown and we're coasting in the 2nd half.

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah, new QB on a short week, that we didn't have in camp, what were you expecting? Why was the ball in his hands on 4th and short and not our all pro RB? Why is it impossible for us to run off tackle EVER on short yardage? Coaching is the answer. They didn't put us in a position to win, period!

teegre
10-01-2015, 11:15 PM
AB drops a TD pass: -7 points

Arthur Moats misses a tackle: -4 points

Scobee misses two FGs: -6 points

SUMMATION:
This shouldn't have been close. It came down to execution (or, lack thereof).

Edman
10-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Please. If Ben played tonight the game is probably another 20+ point beatdown and we're coasting in the 2nd half.

With Run-Run-Pass playcalling? Okay.

Where was Vick's "Horrible Accuracy" when hit Antonio Brown for a TD, who proceeded to drop it?

Bottom Line, this was a total coach and team loss.

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Vick didn't lose any points though?

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:17 PM
The steelers was 2/13 on 3rd down and 0/2 on fourth down.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yards per attempts is more important than completion %....I agree...

Bingo! 2-15 on 3rd and conversions. Many short yardage. You can't win games when you can't make first downs. The inability to convert make-able 3rd and 4th downs had every bit as much to do with this loss as any single factor besides the worthless kicker.

86WARD

Was Incomplete-Run-"Short of the First"-Punt offense...

Steelman
I get the 3rd down conversions, they were awful, non-existent. BUT, answer this honestly, if yesterday we knew we'd be getting a 19-26, 124 yards, 4.8 ypp for 1 TD, 0 INTs, NO FUMBLES, 4 sacks, and a 95 rating from Michael Vick on a short week, who wouldn't have been OK with that?

I know I would have been OK with that. I think everyone's expectations were way too high which goes to show how special Ben is and what he means to the team.

The coaching was piss poor. The run defense was trash. The legs on ST were God-awful. That's a recipe for a bad loss. We lost by 3 in OT.

I'm as pissed as the next fan but to blame it all on Vick is misguided.

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 11:19 PM

Where was Vick's "Horrible Accuracy" when hit Antonio Brown for a TD, who proceeded to drop it?

Wouldn't have been run, run pass playcalling in that scenario to begin with. Not only that, the ENTIRE playbook would have been opened up.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:20 PM
AB drops a TD pass: -7 points

Arthur Moats misses a tackle: -4 points

Scobee misses two FGs: -6 points

SUMMATION:
This shouldn't have been close. It came down to execution (or, lack thereof).

Yeah and we could have had that first TD called back on a hold too.

86WARD
I get the 3rd down conversions, they were awful, non-existent. BUT, answer this honestly, if yesterday we knew we'd be getting a 19-26, 124 yards, 4.8 ypp for 1 TD, 0 INTs, NO FUMBLES, 4 sacks, and a 95 rating from Michael Vick on a short week, who wouldn't have been OK with that?

I know I would have been OK with that. I think everyone's expectations were way too high which goes to show how special Ben is and what he means to the team.

The coaching was piss poor. The run defense was trash. The legs on ST were God-awful. That's a recipe for a bad loss. We lost by 3 in OT.

Agree. Well said.

Craic

With the way our defense played for the most part, absolutely.

And Zu - tell me, who do you think should have been the QB tonight? Who was available after our 2nd string QB got injured? It's fine to wail and moan and complain, but the reality is, we got the QB who could best help us win in a bad situation. We didn't get a good QB, we got the best of the bad QBs, because everyone else was already signed.

And yes, we threw the ball short. Don't blame Vick for that. He did almost everything asked of him.

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:22 PM
AB should be a goat before Vick. He cost the team at least 6 and possibly 8 points...

teegre
10-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Yeah and we could have had that first TD called back on a hold too.

Honestly, have you ever seen a holding penalty called on a QB?

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:25 PM

It wasn't on Vick.

Edman
10-01-2015, 11:25 PM
For Vick's first game: he did really well. Better than I expected.

He was called upon tonight to not lose the game. He didn't, and the Steelers had a chance to win.

Unfortunately, our coaching just managed to be a lot worse than the Ravens.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:26 PM

I don't blame it all on Vick, but it's pretty obvious that he's a fairly worthless qb. Gradkowski would have been much better. Charlie Batch was even better.

I don;t give two shits about qb rating. /the fact is you could see the game plan was hide the qb all night. Yeah they had a couple aggressive play calls and success off the turnovers. But Vick can't function at an NFL level in reading defenses. Unless the play is absolutely given to him he has no chance.

Craic
10-01-2015, 11:26 PM

Skip the run-run-pass playcalling. That was actually very good playcalling for the situation we were in with a backup QB, but a star RB. I have no problem with that. Outside of that line, however, I think you hit the nail on the head with this post . . . almost. I'd remove the defense. It was a total coach and offense loss. Yes, even with the defense giving up big runs, they did their part, and more than their part, allowing only 21 points in almost 38 minutes of possession, 5 sacks, an INT and 8 tackles for loss.

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:27 PM
at the end of the day the players have to execute. scobee needs to hit his field goals and vick has to hit brown for that first down. scobee must go
Also, the defense needs to make sure tackles and AB needs to make TD catches that hit his hands. Those aren't coaching problems. Oh and Berry needs to hit a freaking punt.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:27 PM
46 held. Very obvious,miracle the play wasn't called back.

teegre
10-01-2015, 11:28 PM
It wasn't on Vick.

To quote John Madden:
"You could call holding on any play."

Craic
10-01-2015, 11:29 PM
I don't blame it all on Vick, but it's pretty obvious that he's a fairly worthless qb. Gradkowski would have been much better. Charlie Batch was even better.

I don;t give two shits about qb rating. /the fact is you could see the game plan was hide the qb all night. Yeah they had a couple aggressive play calls and success off the turnovers. But Vick can't function at an NFL level in reading defenses. Unless the play is absolutely given to him he has no chance.

Charlie Batch?

Thanks for making me laugh. It sure lightened the mood. Alright, on to serious stuff. Yes, Gradkowski would have been much better. That's why he was our number two and Vick wasn't . . . until he broke his hand (or whatever it was)

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:29 PM
To quote John Madden:
"You could call holding on any play."

Yeah, but on that play it was egrecious. 9 out of 10 times that one is called

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Bingo! 2-15 on 3rd and conversions. Many short yardage. You can't win games when you can't make first downs. The inability to convert make-able 3rd and 4th downs had every bit as much to do with this loss as any single factor besides the worthless kicker.
Dont forget all the missed tackles and dropped TD that was perfectly thrown.

teegre

Obvious... just like the facemask penalty on Vick? :wink02:

polamalubeast
Charlie Batch?

Thanks for making me laugh. It sure lightened the mood. Alright, on to serious stuff. Yes, Gradkowski would have been much better. That's why he was our number two and Vick wasn't . . . until he broke his hand (or whatever it was)

Charlie Batch was 6-3 with the steelers in his career.....

zulater
Charlie Batch?

Not now, but when he was our 3rd stringer. Remember he actually beat the Ravens, with no LeVeon Bell either.

SteelMayhem72
10-01-2015, 11:31 PM
goats are the coaches and scobee but I would have definitely tried to let scobee redeem himself...after all he is a veteran

Shoes
10-01-2015, 11:31 PM

Vick had a facemask that wasn't called and would have given the Steelers a first down near the end of the game.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:32 PM
Dont forget all the missed tackles and dropped TD that was perfectly thrown.

Ball was catchable, but far from perfectly thrown.

SteelMayhem72
10-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Tomlin's man crush on vick was pretty evident tonight...you have leveon bell and you run vick on 4th down...pathetic!! Tomlin definitely wanted Vick to be the hero tonight but he forgot about his real playmakers

ETL
Guys

this is a reality in the NFL - games are won or lost by a play or two.

As as a long time fan - I can always accept a loss easier when the other team is much better than the Steelers but I feel almost homicidal when the Steelers lose because of self inflicted mistakes. A long 10 days to wait for the next game.

My advice to the players: forget this game. Move on and prepare for the Chargers.

teegre
Vick had a facemask that wasn't called and would have given the Steelers a first down near the end of the game.

Yep.

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:35 PM
You should re-watch that play. It was in the only spot it could be completed and it hit him in the breadbasket. What more does a pro ask for? Lol

SteelMayhem72
10-01-2015, 11:35 PM

Amen...I dont think this game would have been close at all if Ben was in there...probably been 35-17 steelers

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Guys

this is a reality in the NFL - games are won or lost by a play or two.

As as a long time fan - I can always accept a loss easier when the other team is much better than the Steelers but I feel almost homicidal when the Steelers lose because of self inflicted mistakes. A long 10 days to wait for the next game.

My advice to the players: forget this game. Move on and prepare for the Chargers.

Yep, when we lose the game rather than the other team winning it I get pissed. Same with the Pats game. We lost those two games due to our screw ups. Hell we are a 50% kicker away from 4-0! Hurry up and heal Ben!

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 11:37 PM
As as a long time fan - I can always accept a loss easier when the other team is much better than the Steelers but I feel almost homicidal when the Steelers lose because of self inflicted mistakes.

This. This team's beaten itself twice this season now and should be 4-0 instead of 2-2.

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:38 PM
This. This team's beaten itself twice this season now and should be 4-0 instead of 2-2.
I guess you could say that they have earned their 2-2 record. :chuckle:

Craic
10-01-2015, 11:39 PM
You should re-watch that play. It was in the only spot it could be completed and it hit him in the breadbasket. What more does a pro ask for? Lol

It was also well-thrown in that only Brown had an opportunity for it. No excuse for him not catching it. With that said, however, Brown gets a tap on the head and a "You'll get it next time" because, well, he will. That's the kind of player he is. Scobee on the other hand . . . :asskick:

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Not true. It hit Brown in the hands and the belly. It was pretty much thrown the only place it could be and was probably Vick's best throw on the night.

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:40 PM

Yep...and this one drives me more up the wall than the NE game. This one wasn't lost..it was handed to the Ravens...just given to them...

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:41 PM
It was also well-thrown in that only Brown had an opportunity for it. No excuse for him not catching it. With that said, however, Brown gets a tap on the head and a "You'll get it next time" because, well, he will. That's the kind of player he is. Scobee on the other hand . . . :asskick:
I agree completely. I was just trying to point out to ZU that Vick doesn't deserve to be considered a goat when he did everything a street walking QB could do.

zulater
10-01-2015, 11:47 PM
I agree completely. I was just trying to point out to ZU that Vick doesn't deserve to be considered a goat when he did everything a street walking QB could do.

He's not an NFL qb. He can't read a defense. He can't convert third and fourth downs. Even if you give him that drop the writing is on the wall. He's not good enough. It wont get better. He can only play downhill. Unless the situation is damn near perfect he's a deer in the headlights.

If you see an NFL qb there fine. But I see Kordell Stewart after he lost a step.

Steeldude
10-01-2015, 11:52 PM
The Starting QB wouldn't have made a damn difference for braindead coaching and playcalling.

What? They would be able to utilize the entire playbook instead of using a Pop Warner playbook for Vick.

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:52 PM
He's not an NFL qb. He can't read a defense. He can't convert third and fourth downs. Even if you give him that drop the writing is on the wall. He's not good enough. It wont get better. He can only play downhill. Unless the situation is damn near perfect he's a deer in the headlights.

If you see an NFL qb there fine. But I see Kordell Stewart after he lost a step.
I never said NFL QB. I said street waking QB. Its not like anyone better was available a month ago. Not sure what you expect. If we tackle, catch, and kick we win. Simple as that. Shit ain't rocket science.

Steeldude
10-01-2015, 11:55 PM

Even Kordell has hit WRs. Vick is not an accurate QB. It's been one of his many problems through his career.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said NFL QB. I said street waking QB. Its not like anyone better was available a month ago. Not sure what you expect. If we tackle, catch, and kick we win. Simple as that. Shit ain't rocket science.

I totally agree with you on the tackling. How does a pro team not know how to tackle? I mean, they literally do not know how to tackle.

43Hitman
10-01-2015, 11:57 PM
Even Kordell has hit WRs. Vick is not an accurate QB. It's been one of his many problems through his career.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree with you on the tackling. How does a pro team not know how to tackle? I mean, they literally do not know how to tackle.
And it kept happening over and over again. I could understand if it was one or two, but I bet they missed at least 10 tackles.

fansince'76
What? They would be able to utilize the entire playbook instead of using a Pop Warner playbook for Vick.

Exactly.

86WARD
They went to the Troy Polamalu school of throw your body at the ball career and hope for the best.

teegre
10-02-2015, 12:03 AM
They went to the Troy Polamalu school of throw your body at the ball career and hope for the best.

I saw a lot of guys trying for the strip.

On a second & 10, Dupree had the RB stopped for a short gain, but kept swatting at the ball... and gave up a 9-yard run. I immediately thought that he was being coached to strip the ball. If so, it's feast or famine.

Shoes
10-02-2015, 12:11 AM

- - - Updated - - -

and this has be going on year after year!

BigBen2004
10-02-2015, 02:29 AM
Probably one of the most crushing losses I've ever experienced.

With Ben, this game isn't even close. But Vick did his job. He was safe with the football, and he played conservatively. As for the play calling, it was suspect. However, this loss is on Tomlin and Scobee. Tomlin does this shit every year. We can't ever string wins together until late in the season. Well news flash; THESE LOSSES COULD MAKE DECEMBER MEANINGLESS. We had this game in the bag. It was ours. But I knew this would happen. I kept telling my buddies to stop celebrating because there was still time left, and I was right.

We had to win this game. The defense knew it. They stood up. They played out of their minds. They did everything they could. This is on the coaching staff

ALLD
10-02-2015, 04:06 AM
Did Scobee get cut yet?

86WARD
10-02-2015, 05:59 AM
Probably one of the most crushing losses I've ever experienced.

With Ben, this game isn't even close. But Vick did his job. He was safe with the football, and he played conservatively. As for the play calling, it was suspect. However, this loss is on Tomlin and Scobee. Tomlin does this shit every year. We can't ever string wins together until late in the season. Well news flash; THESE LOSSES COULD MAKE DECEMBER MEANINGLESS. We had this game in the bag. It was ours. But I knew this would happen. I kept telling my buddies to stop celebrating because there was still time left, and I was right.

We had to win this game. The defense knew it. They stood up. They played out of their minds. They did everything they could. This is on the coaching staff

Yep. They had several chances to put the game away and they blew it each time...

SteelerFanInStl
10-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Obvious... just like the facemask penalty on Vick? :wink02:
And the hold on Timmons on Forsett's long run in OT.

steel striker
10-02-2015, 09:25 AM
No brainer Josh was he goat last night but, play calling not letting Bell touch the ball on the last two 4TH down plays I don't get that. I don't blame Vick for last night he did not turn the ball over plus threw a TD. Steelers should have won this game but, they blew it! The defense made the stops that should have given us the win but, the offense mainly our Kicker could not ice the game. Ab dropped a TD pass we had so many chances to win this game and, it's damn frustrating that they did not win this game.

steelerdude15
10-02-2015, 01:33 PM
My game balls go to Stephon and Le'Veon. Le'Veon continues to show great patience while waiting for a hole to open up and is so shifty that he can make people easily miss. He also was the first person to run for over one hundred yards in a game in a couple of seasons. Pretty cool to see him end that streak for the Ravens.

Stephon continues to progress at a rapid rate. I love the fact that he is sacking quarterbacks, disrupting the pocket, and pushing linemen back which he did quite a bit last night.

For my goats, it would go to Tomlin, Hailey, Vick, and Scobee.