PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley lost their minds tonight.

Edman
10-01-2015, 10:35 PM
That is all.

st33lersguy
10-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Agreed.

steelerdude15
10-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Pathetic effort. Bet this turns the Ravens season around.

JayC
10-01-2015, 10:55 PM
can you really blame tomlin for not letting his awful kicker try a 50 yarder?? it's not tomlin's fault vick can't throw an accurate pass to save his life. he had brown for a 1 yard easy first down and blew it. i put that on vick.

the part i blame tomlin/haley for is the poor play calling before OT. instead of trying to win the game they played it safe and then scobee blew it. scobee should have made his kicks though

dislocatedday
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
In the words of Dennis Green, "We let them off the mat".

- - - Updated - - -

can you really blame tomlin for not letting his awful kicker try a 50 yarder?? it's not tomlin's fault vick can't throw an accurate pass to save his life. he had brown for a 1 yard easy first down and blew it. i put that on vick.

the part i blame tomlin/haley for is the poor play calling before OT. instead of trying to win the game they played it safe and then scobee blew it. scobee should have made his kicks though

This is a true and accurate assessment of the blunders tonight in a rational, coherent statement. I agree with this. It is so frustrating to watch it unfold though.

zoneblitzerII
10-01-2015, 11:00 PM
If you're going to go for it, you go with your best guys, Bell, Williams or Heath. You don't run a long developing east-west play to gain 2 yards. Players are too fast now and know how to stretch it out. It had dumb written all over it signed by Mike Tomlin and the Toddster. Take all of those east-west plays and toss them in the fucking bin.

86WARD
10-01-2015, 11:01 PM

No. but you can blame him for not punting and you can blame him for the play calling. that pass shouldn't have been called there. if you are passing, it should've been something more high percentage or maybe run Bell up the middle. Maybe even Vick up the middle.

Steeldude
10-01-2015, 11:03 PM
I blame Tomlin for acquiring Vick. What do people expect Haley to do with a QB who cannot throw, read defense or handle over 5 plays on offense?

CaSteel
10-01-2015, 11:03 PM

Tomlin has been trying to bring Vick in for a couple of years now, Tomlin is not capable of properly managing a game

SteelFever
10-01-2015, 11:13 PM
I blame Tomlin for acquiring Vick. What do people expect Haley to do with a QB who cannot throw, read defense or handle over 5 plays on offense?

I could not have put it better.

NCSteeler
10-01-2015, 11:24 PM

Actually you can, coaches put players in position to succeed, you run bell there you don't ask your backup qb to make a critical game saving play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rotorhead
10-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Actually you can, coaches put players in position to succeed, you run bell there you don't ask your backup qb to make a critical game saving play

This!

steel9guy
10-01-2015, 11:49 PM

I couldn't say it any better

43Hitman
10-02-2015, 12:11 AM
I get where you're coming from, but who else was there to sign?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Steelermania
10-02-2015, 12:33 AM
The last pass by Vick was bad, but otherwise, he pretty much did what they asked him to do. Brown dropped a perfect long pass that should have been a td. They were conservative to a fault, but then got cute in overtime. On 4th and 1, I'm not sure I would even have called a pass with Ben at qb. Give the ball to Bell.

j-d-s
10-02-2015, 04:42 AM
I thought on both 4th down plays: Just hand the ball to Bell or throw a quick screen to AB. These guys are our playmakers and would've found a way to win the game.

On the plus side, they probably will finally get rid of Scooby after he cost us that game. Twice. Or arguably even three times, cuz with a decent kicker we would have kicked the second 4th down play in OT for a 50 yd FG.

TD's & Beer
10-02-2015, 04:44 AM
That is all.

ditto

dumb and dumber

stillers4me
10-02-2015, 05:33 AM
The last pass by Vick was bad, but otherwise, he pretty much did what they asked him to do. Brown dropped a perfect long pass that should have been a td. They were conservative to a fault, but then got cute in overtime. On 4th and 1, I'm not sure I would even have called a pass with Ben at qb. Give the ball to Bell.

This. I don't expect a backup QB to play at an elite level. We could do a lot worse than Mike Vick. This was a very winnable game. I bet AB is still sick about dropping that pass. And I bet a dollar to donuts that Bell could have put that game in our pickets last night.

The Bark
10-02-2015, 07:26 AM
I honestly don't think a healthy Suisham gets to kick that first attempt at 49 yards. We're talking about the notorious end of the field. That Tomlin sent Scobee out after he'd already boinked a couple in this short season just showed a lack of situational awareness, imo. Of course the miss leads to pretty decent field position for the Ravens, something they seemed to be getting all night when we were punting, too.

blackngold8766
10-02-2015, 08:19 AM
That Tomlin sent Scobee out after he'd already boinked a couple in this short season just showed a lack of situational awareness, imo.

IMO if there was situational awareness the 3rd down play calling would have been better. The last two possessions when it was 3rd and relatively short they should have run the ball knowing they were going for it on fourth. Take two downs to pick up the first with Vick in the game. Don't put the ball in the hands of a guy off the street on a short week to prepare.

NCSteeler
10-02-2015, 11:04 AM
IMO if there was situational awareness the 3rd down play calling would have been better. The last two possessions when it was 3rd and relatively short they should have run the ball knowing they were going for it on fourth. Take two downs to pick up the first with Vick in the game. Don't put the ball in the hands of a guy off the street on a short week to prepare.

I thought the same thing, that they should have ran twice

86WARD
10-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Coaching.

hawaiiansteeler
10-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Green Bay had a fourth-and-1 and gave the ball to their best running back. And everybody in Pittsburgh, flashing back to Thursday, just groaned.

Doesn't it seem like Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley is trying to prove he is smarter than the other coach rather than calling the best play for his team sometimes?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/10/05/50-things-we-learned-week-4/73348604/

86WARD
10-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I saw that and Lacy got that conversion very easily...lol.

Steeldude
10-06-2015, 12:28 AM
I get where you're coming from, but who else was there to sign?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I know most don't like him and I am not a great fan either, but about Jason Campbell? 6', 5" pocket QB who is better suited for the Steelers offense. All he would need to do is manage the game until BR returns.

86WARD
10-06-2015, 05:22 AM
Campbell has pretty much gotten a raw deal in his college and NFL career. He's never had stability in an offense. He's always been around change and that never did him any good...

Count Steeler
10-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Campbell has pretty much gotten a raw deal in his college and NFL career. He's never had stability in an offense. He's always been around change and that never did him any good...

Did he ever lose the weight? Wasn't he up to like 375 last year?

hawaiiansteeler
10-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Ben Roethilsberger told 93.7 today Vick had never practiced the 4th down throw to AB to the right side.

For me, that's just a failure to put a player in a position to succeed. Lefty QB throwing timing route to far hash. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/with_replies

TeeTee
10-06-2015, 03:33 PM
In the words of Dennis Green, "We let them off the mat".

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

86WARD
10-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Ben Roethilsberger told 93.7 today Vick had never practiced the 4th down throw to AB to the right side.

For me, that's just a failure to put a player in a position to succeed. Lefty QB throwing timing route to far hash. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/with_replies

Lol...more proof how terrible that play call was...

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Roethlisberger Thinks Final 4th Down Play Call Against Ravens Was ‘Not Fair’ To Vick

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/roethlisberger-thinks-final-4th-down-play-call-against-ravens-was-not-fair-to-vick/ …

86WARD
10-07-2015, 06:48 PM
If it's something they didn't practice and they threw it in there, it's kinda bullshit, but at the same time, Vick is an NFL QB...he should make that throw...but then it also goes back to the coaching staff putting the players in positions to succeed...which they apparently didn't.