PDA

View Full Version : How many games can Steelers win with Michael Vick?

Still Curtain
10-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Tonight the Pittsburgh Steelers will host their most bitter rivals, the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field. Right now Vegas has Baltimore listed as 2.5 point favorites, but if history has anything to say on the subject, the Steelers don’t stand much of a chance. According to Ed Werder at ESPN, the Steelers are 1-6 all […]
How many games can Steelers win with Michael Vick? (http://stillcurtain.com/2015/10/01/how-many-games-can-steelers-win-with-michael-vick/) - Still Curtain (http://stillcurtain.com) - Still Curtain - A Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more. (http://stillcurtain.com)

More... (http://stillcurtain.com/2015/10/01/how-many-games-can-steelers-win-with-michael-vick/)

polamalubeast
10-01-2015, 01:27 PM
The Steelers could be 0-4 in the next 4 games if Vick and/or the defense is horrible, but if Vick plays well and the defense continues to improve, I would not be surprised to see the steelers be 3-1 in next 4 games.

tube517
10-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Wearing sunglasses, excuse me, COOL sunglasses, uh cool SHADES... always gives an advantage. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
10-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Wearing sunglasses, excuse me, COOL sunglasses, uh cool SHADES... always gives an advantage. :chuckle:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/55/60/96/556096a0b0c649bb909a42e910e4d211.jpg

Iron Steeler
10-01-2015, 03:33 PM
6 Its a team effort. Maybe this is what our young developing defense needed. Adversity makes you stronger. They will be forced to develop quicker. We have the best young WR in the league, the best WR, A great oline lets keep winning !

86WARD
10-01-2015, 06:04 PM
The RB is okay too.

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 10:50 PM
0-1.

If Ben can't make it back within 3 weeks, just let him sit and really heal up for next season.

Edman
10-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Yep, blame it on Michael Vick and the Defense.

Vick got absolutely no help from the coaches tonight.

zulater
10-01-2015, 10:53 PM

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Yes, I will. Vick isn't an NFL QB. Period.

Shoes
10-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Tomlin & Haley lost this one.

zulater
10-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Yep, blame it on Michael Vick and the Defense.

Vick got absolutely no help from the coaches tonight.

Vick isn't an NFL qb. He' can;t hit a receiver coming out of a break. He doesn't put the ball where his receivers can get yards after the catch. Without the turnovers the offense does nothing tonight

polamalubeast
10-01-2015, 10:57 PM
It should be at least one......

JayC
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Vick is worse than i could have imagined. Awful accuracy. I can't take it

Edman
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Yes, I will. Vick isn't an NFL QB. Period.

No shit. There are no QB's in the NFL, outside of 6, that are "NFL QB's". That's why Vick is a backup.

So I guess Ben isn't an NFL QB, because he's been subjected to Haley's idiocy too.

When you're dealing with a backup QB, it's is more imperative than ever to put him in position to succeed. Vick can't use his brain. Let him use his feet.

Nope. Run-Run-Pass all second half.

Shoes
10-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Vick is on this team because of Tomlin.

dislocatedday
10-01-2015, 11:02 PM
I admit that I wanted the Steelers to sign Vick in the offseason and I was happy when they did.

However, based on what I saw tonight, I should have listened to all those pointing out his innaccuracy. I know he is learning a new offense, so I can cut him some slack on not being able to go through a progression of reads, but his touch was piss poor on too many throws tonight.

fansince'76
10-01-2015, 11:05 PM
No shit. There are no QB's in the NFL, outside of 6, that are "NFL QB's". That's why Vick is a backup.

So I guess Ben isn't an NFL QB, because he's been subjected to Haley's idiocy too.

When you're dealing with a backup QB, it's is more imperative than ever to put him in position to succeed. Vick can't use his brain. Let him use his feet.

Nope. Run-Run-Pass all second half.

Whatever. If Ben really does have to miss six weeks, just keep him out the rest of the season and let him truly heal up right because we'll probably be all but mathematically eliminated by then.

Edman
10-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Whatever. If Ben really does have to miss six weeks, just keep him out the rest of the season and let him truly heal up right because we'll probably be all but mathematically eliminated by then.

If coaching like this continues to be the norm, we may as well.

Not even Ben himself would succeed with the piss poor playcalling, yet we expect a much lesser QB like Vick to.

SteelMayhem72
10-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Vick is on this team because of Tomlin.
This just in: Tomlin divorces his wife and moves him and his dogs in with Vick and proposes marriage...wedding details forthcoming...stay tuned!!

j-d-s
10-02-2015, 05:02 AM
I think Vick did a decent job. They just asked too much of him. I have no idea why you would put the ball in the hands of your backup QB on fourth down in overtime.

zulater
10-02-2015, 05:16 AM
If coaching like this continues to be the norm, we may as well.

Not even Ben himself would succeed with the piss poor playcalling, yet we expect a much lesser QB like Vick to.

Are you kidding me? They run a completely different playbook if Ben is in there last night. Here's a thought. . In 24 offensive series with Ben the Steelers had a total of three three and out series. Last night they had 5 of them.

This loss reallyn sucks because with a healthy Ben that game isn't even close. Scobee couldn't have missed enough field goals for Ben not to beat that shitty Raven team. :frusty:

fansince'76
10-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Are you kidding me? They run a completely different playbook if Ben is in there last night. Here's a thought. . In 24 offensive series with Ben the Steelers had a total of three three and out series. Last night they had 5 of them.

This loss reallyn sucks because with a healthy Ben that game isn't even close.

Exactly. Put a healthy Roethlisberger on the field last night and the Ravens get boatraced.

Also, last night is pretty much the best we can expect from Vick. I'm sorry, but 2-for-13 on 3rd down and 0-for-2 on 4th fourth down is not gonna get it done. And just think how it's going to be when he starts coughing it up every other time he gets hit.

This season is more than likely over unless Roethlisberger can come back in 4 weeks or less. Otherwise we're probably looking at a 3-6/2-7 record when he is ready to play again. I'm usually the eternal optimist when it comes to situations like this, but it looks like we're every bit as screwed without Roethlisberger as everybody feared.

Count Steeler
10-02-2015, 05:49 AM

This loss reallyn sucks because with a healthy Ben that game isn't even close. Scobee couldn't have missed enough field goals for Ben not to beat that shitty Raven team. :frusty:

Re read Edman's statement. If the play calling was the same with Ben. Thing is Ben would have just called his own plays. I don't think Vick has that luxury yet.

86WARD
10-02-2015, 06:03 AM
Exactly. Put a healthy Roethlisberger on the field last night and the Ravens get boatraced.

Also, last night is pretty much the best we can expect from Vick. I'm sorry, but 2-for-13 on 3rd down and 0-for-2 on 4th fourth down is not gonna get it done. And just think how it's going to be when he starts coughing it up every other time he gets hit.

This season is more than likely over unless Roethlisberger can come back in 4 weeks or less. Otherwise we're probably looking at a 3-6/2-7 record when he is ready to play again. I'm usually the eternal optimist when it comes to situations like this, but it looks like we're every bit as screwed without Roethlisberger as everybody feared.

Yep. This was one of their best chances to win and they gave it away...multiple times...

zulater
10-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Re read Edman's statement. If the play calling was the same with Ben. Thing is Ben would have just called his own plays. I don't think Vick has that capability .

Fixed it for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said. :applaudit:

Though I'm sure you want to be proven wrong.

Buckinnuts
10-02-2015, 10:03 AM
maybe with bryant coming back might help

Shoes
10-02-2015, 10:11 AM
maybe with bryant coming back might help

Someone still has to throw the ball to him. What worries me about badly thrown passes is our receivers getting injured trying to make the catch.

Buckinnuts
10-02-2015, 10:18 AM
i think he can throw it but what also got me was how easy he went down when pressured..looked like a couple was barely pushed on him and down he went...need more bootleg style play action...plus when he hands off everything looked like uncoventional..or confusing to him..

86WARD
10-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Someone still has to throw the ball to him. What worries me about badly thrown passes is our receivers getting injured trying to make the catch.

Which Vick showed he can do in the preseason.

86WARD
10-02-2015, 11:20 AM
i think he can throw it but what also got me was how easy he went down when pressured..looked like a couple was barely pushed on him and down he went...need more bootleg style play action...plus when he hands off everything looked like uncoventional..or confusing to him..

We don't know, but that may have been what the coaching staff instructed him to do.

Steeldude
10-04-2015, 02:01 AM
They could win one. Each game is going to me extremely tough.