PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick: I don't need to win this game by myself

polamalubeast
09-30-2015, 11:49 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000542650/article/michael-vick-i-dont-need-to-win-this-game-by-myself?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

fansince'76
09-30-2015, 11:51 AM
No, but he could definitely lose it all by himself. That's what many are afraid of...

86WARD
09-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Play smart. That's all...

TeeTee
09-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Play smart. That's all...

In order to play smart, do you have to be somewhat smart?

Psycho Ward 86
09-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Dont be a fucking hero Vick

hawaiiansteeler
09-30-2015, 03:24 PM
In order to play smart, do you have to be somewhat smart?

Dan Marino only scored a 15 on his Wonderlic and Terry Bradshaw had a 16.

football smart and intelligence smart are two different things...

86WARD
09-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Wonderlic is a joke. Players don't even try on it.

TeeTee
09-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Dan Marino only scored a 15 on his Wonderlic and Terry Bradshaw had a 16.

football smart and intelligence smart are two different things...

When Marino and Bradshaw took that test, the Wonderlic was lightly regarded and it's quite possible they didn't put much effort in. You can tell both of them are not dimwit as they can at least speak on some decent level of intelligence. You don't have to have the brain pan of a rocket scientist to play football, but being excessively stupid definitely makes it more difficult. After all these years, Vick still can't read a D. I don't think he has anywhere near the IQ of Marino or Bradshaw. What Vick brought was an excess of athletic skill. Even at 35, he is still one of the faster guys on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderlic is a joke. Players don't even try on it.

No it's not, and yes they do. Now a days, players/agents know it's looked at and can lower your draft spot if it seems you are as dumb as a rock. They now train to take that test.

Moose
09-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Just HOLD onto the ball !

86WARD
09-30-2015, 06:04 PM
When Marino and Bradshaw took that test, the Wonderlic was lightly regarded and it's quite possible they didn't put much effort in. You can tell both of them are not dimwit as they can at least speak on some decent level of intelligence. You don't have to have the brain pan of a rocket scientist to play football, but being excessively stupid definitely makes it more difficult. After all these years, Vick still can't read a D. I don't think he has anywhere near the IQ of Marino or Bradshaw. What Vick brought was an excess of athletic skill. Even at 35, he is still one of the faster guys on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not, and yes they do. Now a days, players/agents know it's looked at and can lower your draft spot if it seems you are as dumb as a rock. They now train to take that test.

Training to prepare is nothing. It's not a hard test by any means...it just takes patience and concentration...which I have neither of...lol. I scored a 34 on the one the Philadelphia Eagles issue. If a player has a shit load of talent, the test means very little. Tavon Austin scored a 6 or something and he was a first round pick. Carlos Hyde was single digits and he was a first round pick...

Sure the test means something but it the big scheme...it means very little. See Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Birk, Mike Mamula. Mamula scored very high on the test, was a beast during the combine, was shit in the NFL...most known for whipping his cock out at a bar in Allentown.

- - - Updated - - -

Just HOLD onto the ball !

This is MOST important!!

ALLD
09-30-2015, 06:29 PM
I saw Bradshaw throw 3 interceptions in SB XIV and still got the game MVP. It only takes a few big plays as long as we can slow the other offense. Of course, the 1979 Steelers had Mean Joe, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount and a few other HoF players.

Steeldude
09-30-2015, 07:32 PM
No, but he could definitely lose it all by himself. That's what many are afraid of...

Exactly. He has made a career out of it.

fansince'76
09-30-2015, 09:02 PM
I saw Bradshaw throw 3 interceptions in SB XIV and still got the game MVP.

Stallworth was robbed. I even once heard Bradshaw himself admit that Stallworth should have gotten the MVP for that one.

Personally, I would have also given Lambert the MVP in that game before Bradshaw. The guy was everywhere all afternoon and made the game-icing INT late in the 4th quarter, and believe me, the Rams would've scored another TD and taken the lead again had he not picked Ferragamo off.

ALLD
10-01-2015, 04:01 AM
Franco was great in that game too. 2 TDs.

86WARD
10-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Stallworth was robbed. I even once heard Bradshaw himself admit that Stallworth should have gotten the MVP for that one.

Personally, I would have also given Lambert the MVP in that game before Bradshaw. The guy was everywhere all afternoon and made the game-icing INT late in the 4th quarter, and believe me, the Rams would've scored another TD and taken the lead again had he not picked Ferragamo off.

Agree. Someone on the defensive side of the ball should've won an MVP in one of those Super Bowl games...lol.