PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin doesn't know if Shazier will be healthy enough to play Thursday

stillers4me
09-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin said inside linebacker Ryan Shazier, who missed the Rams game, is still nursing a shoulder injury. Tomlin doesn't know whether he will be available Thursday against the Ravens. Tomlin said Shazier is experiencing weakness in his shoulder and will be held out until he regains some strength...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9171787-74/tomlin-roethlisberger-steelers#ixzz3nDWz1Pcb

GBMelBlount
09-30-2015, 05:47 AM
Shazier plays with more intensity than his body is built for.

If he slowed it down to Mach1 he might not get injured as much.

Mojouw
09-30-2015, 07:31 AM
But would he be as good if he played slower? Starting to worry that Shazier has a case of Bob Sanders and Polamalu disease. His body can't take the punishment he inflicts on it.

Hope to heck I 'm wrong and it is just fluky stuff so far...

GBMelBlount
09-30-2015, 07:49 AM
But would he be as good if he played slower? Starting to worry that Shazier has a case of Bob Sanders and Polamalu disease. His body can't take the punishment he inflicts on it.

That is a good question.

Shoes
09-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Arm in sling, he won't play.

ALLD
09-30-2015, 08:03 AM
Some players are just always injured. Part of it is luck and another part is not evolving and making adjustments to stay on the field. Part of the success of a talented player is availability.

86WARD
09-30-2015, 08:27 AM

I wouldn't put Polamalu and Sanders in the same disease. Sanders Disease was much, much, much worse than Polamalu Disease.

Steelman
09-30-2015, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't put Polamalu and Sanders in the same disease. Sanders Disease was much, much, much worse than Polamalu Disease.

I could more than live with Polamalu Disease. :lol:

Sanders...that's all that needs to be said.

katmandu
09-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Some players are just always injured. Part of it is luck and another part is not evolving and making adjustments to stay on the field. A whole lotta of not getting injured is pure luck.

The evolving and adjustment Shazier needs to make is to tone down the violence he inflicts on his own body. He can't slam everyone into the boards on every single play.

Now just imagine if James Harrison played the way Shazier does right now! NOBODY would get off the field alive! Not even James himself! It would be pure mayhem! LOL !

teegre
09-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Bill Parcells once said:

"A player's most important ability is availability."

Rotorhead
09-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Crap, was hoping he would be ready, would love to have seen him strip sack Flacco for a TD aka Troy. This game is going to be difficult enough with out our QB!

ALLD
09-30-2015, 11:55 AM
We should see if Robin Cole is available to fill in. He did a great job in SB XIV when Jack Ham was on crutches against the Rams.

tube517
09-30-2015, 12:14 PM
We should see if Robin Cole is available to fill in. He did a great job in SB XIV when Jack Ham was on crutches against the Rams.

Actually, it was Dirt Winston (normally Lambert's backup at MLB) who took Ham's spot in XIV

lipps83
09-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Mosley is playing on Thursday.

Just sayin....

TeeTee
09-30-2015, 12:21 PM
But Tomlin called this injury a "boo boo." Thank, Cool Shades. That was really funny.

https://contentforyoublog.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/johnny-depp-reveals-the-cool-shades-are-due-to-being-incredibly-short-sighted.jpg

fansince'76
09-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Actually, it was Dirt Winston (normally Lambert's backup at MLB) who took Ham's spot in XIV

Good memory - I think Cole was starting at the other OLB spot by that time, wasn't he? So many years ago I can't remember. :old: :chuckle:

steelreserve
09-30-2015, 12:42 PM
I don't think it's realistic to ask someone to "tone down" their style of play. They do that, and suddenly they lose what made them good in the first place. And as many players have said, playing half-speed tends to get you MORE injuries, not less.

Mojouw
09-30-2015, 12:52 PM
But Tomlin called this injury a "boo boo." Thank, Cool Shades. That was really funny.

https://contentforyoublog.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/johnny-depp-reveals-the-cool-shades-are-due-to-being-incredibly-short-sighted.jpg

hey, at least cool shades Mike acknowledge the player was both on the roster and injured. All these Bellicheck disciples around the league basically deny the player even plays for the team and wouldn't admit they were injured even if they got decapitated in practice.

I've thought it was funny that the NFL basically mandates that teams help other teams prepare for them and aid the setting of the betting line. But you know, gambling is discouraged!

86WARD
09-30-2015, 12:52 PM

Lol...are you watching that replay right now?

ALLD
09-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Yes, here comes the TD to Stallworth.

tube517
09-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Good memory - I think Cole was starting at the other OLB spot by that time, wasn't he? So many years ago I can't remember. :old: :chuckle:

Yes, he was. And don't forget Loren Toews, another supersub LB

If Toews, Cole, and Dirt Winston were on other teams at the time, they would have started.

fansince'76
09-30-2015, 01:44 PM
hey, at least cool shades Mike acknowledge the player was both on the roster and injured. All these Bellicheck disciples around the league basically deny the player even plays for the team and wouldn't admit they were injured even if they got decapitated in practice.

Not to mention Goldenboy's "bad shoulder" that showed up on their injury report every week for the better part of a decade. But as long as it's the NFL's "Gold Standard" franchise faking injury reports, it's all good. :coffee:

It'd truly be a damn shame if something similar to Romo's busted clavicle were to befall him...

fansince'76
09-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Yes, he was. And don't forget Loren Toews, another supersub LB

If Toews, Cole, and Dirt Winston were on other teams at the time, they would have started.

Yeah, they were all really good LBs. The problem for them was that Lambert and Ham were already there and nobody was going to beat them out of a job.