PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick at quarterback: Oh the humanity of it all

LLT
09-30-2015, 05:39 AM
Michael Vick at quarterback: Oh the humanity of it all
By Perry Biggerstaff
www.stillcurtain.com
09/29/15

Gloom…despair…and agony on me. Michael Vick is taking the short week to prepare for the hated Baltimore Ravens. Meanwhile, a certain portion of our fan base has taken to verbal self- flagellation in some weird attempt to distance themselves from what they perceive as an upcoming Steelers apocalypse.

Fan sites and blogs are now filled with a sect of dark cloud prognosticators. If one were to believe their doom and gloom prophesies, you would have to come to the conclusion that not only is the Steelers season over, but we will suffer 6 more plagues immediately following Thursdays game. Boils and locusts aside, the predictions of season-ending calamity is probably a tad premature.

Vick is not Roethlisberger. Yep…we know that, but let me share a secret with you. No one else is Ben Roethlisberger.

Back up quarterbacks are rarely as good as first string quarterbacks. If they were….well…they wouldn’t be back up quarterbacks, now would they? Look around the league and you can see other teams struggle as they are forced to wait for their franchise quarterback to return from injury. It happens.

But what separates us from teams like New Orleans and Chicago is that our front office actually took a chance and procured a backup quarterback that is relatively capable. In fact, I would argue that Michael Vick is better than the starting quarterbacks of at least ten teams in the NFL.

This is why I refuse to listen to those fans who are moping around like Eeyore and wallowing in the muddy bath of self-pity. This is why I don’t buy into the Chicken Little mentality of fans who are so positive that the sky is falling over Heinz Field.

Get over yourselves.

Read More @ http://stillcurtain.com/2015/09/29/steelers-michael-vick-quarterback-oh-humanity/

stillers4me
09-30-2015, 05:41 AM
You tell'em, Perry! :applaudit:

86WARD
09-30-2015, 06:13 AM
Aaron Rodgers is kinda Ben Roethlisberger...:wink:

Good read!!