PDA

View Full Version : No shortage of confidence in Vick

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Teammates know what Vick will bring to the field.

Mike Vick is no stranger to being an NFL starter, having started 112 games in his 15 seasons in the league.

And that is why his teammates have confidence in him stepping in this week against the Baltimore Ravens for Ben Roethlisberger, who suffered an MCL sprain against the St. Louis Rams.

“He’s a leader and he’s been doing it for a long time,” said receiver Antonio Brown. “It’s not only about him. We’ve got to be able to help him, catching passes, got to be able to run the ball, protect the ball and help him out.”

The offensive line also knows their job is to help Vick out, providing as much protection as they can and giving him the time he needs to be a playmaker.

“We have to protect him,” said tackle Kelvin Beachum. “We have to make it as comfortable as possible, keep him as clean as possible and make it as smooth as possible so he can come in and put the ball in the right places, put people in the right position with the ball.”

It's not just those on the offensive side of the ball who feel good about what Vick brings to the table. The defense does as well.

“We have a lot of confidence,” said defensive end Stephon Tuitt. “He has the ability to run the ball. He has a strong arm. All of us have faith in him, we are going to stand behind him and we believe he is going to get the job done.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/No-shortage-of-confidence-in-Vick/8ebc9489-e8e1-4a22-9d91-2fea2925dc09

Steelman
09-28-2015, 04:10 PM
The team is keeping up a good public face about it, which is good. We'll see how that changes when Vick has a 3+ turnover game. I kind of expect Vick to do well this week against Baltimore since everybody is hyper-focused and because it's Baltimore and they want to win one for Ben. I have a feeling San Diego is going to be the west-coast-trap-shit-the-bed game. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Vick suddenly turning into a brilliant game manager. Hopefully we can just get one or two electric games from him and somehow get lucky in one of the atrocious games.

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 04:23 PM
I hope that the defense will continue to improve in the coming weeks.Foles and Kaerpernick are two of the worst 5-10 QB of the NFL right now.Flacco, Rivers, Palmer and Alex Smith are in the top 15, so the defense must prove that the last two weeks is not a fluke.

Vick must also do the job of course.He is the key in this offense since he is the QB.

TeeTee
09-28-2015, 04:37 PM
This is purely a fluff piece. (The Steelers are infamous for having them written.) I am surprised Teresa Varley didn't write it. What did you expect them to say?

"Man, it totally blows that Ben got hurt. We are about 10% of what our offense would be with Vick instead of Ben. Vick will make it really hard to win many games. He can't read defenses and he's a turnover machine."

salamander
09-28-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm glad the team has confidence in Vick because I don't.

BigNastyDefense
09-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Here's the thing: even back in his days with the Falcons, he was a so-so passer. He would have one of those really good games where he would go 20-25/302/2 TD and add 75 yards rushing and a TD on the ground. But the next week he would be 10-20/210/1 TD/2 INT with 100 yards rushing and a TD on the ground.

He never learned to read a defense. He can still run, but I don't think he's as spry as he was back then. And he's also always been injury prone.

If we can get a run game going, then he could use the play action pass game to hit some deep balls. But if we fall behind, teams are going to tee off on him knowing that he will likely end up hurt.

Can we go 4-2/3-3 without Ben? I think it's possible. But EVERYTHING will have to go our way.

ALLD
09-28-2015, 06:01 PM
I just hope it does not come down to fans screaming for Landry Jones to play. At least don't lose ugly.

86WARD
09-28-2015, 06:02 PM
I just hope it does not come down to fans screaming for Landry Jones to play. At least don't lose ugly.

I can't imagine that we would actually scream that...lol.

st33lersguy
09-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Were they really gonna say they are not sold on their guy? Of course they want people to believe they have confidence in their man to prevent a firestorm from the media

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 06:17 PM
I am confident that the Steelers will not quit.

Of course, the Steelers need Vick to be competent, same for their defense.

hawaiiansteeler
09-28-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm glad the team has confidence in Vick because I don't.

would you prefer Landry Jones being the QB for the next 4-6 weeks if we hadn't gone out and acquired Michael Vick?

salamander
09-28-2015, 06:53 PM
would you prefer Landry Jones being the QB for the next 4-6 weeks if we hadn't gone out and acquired Michael Vick?

Doesn't matter. I've said from the day the Steelers signed Vick that if Ben went down we'd be screwed either way.

Steelman
09-29-2015, 09:48 AM
With as many playmakers as we have on offense, I'd think even with Landry under center we couldn't be much worse than Jimmy Clausen's Bears.

I guess we'll find out how good AB and Bell really are in the next few weeks.

fansince'76
09-29-2015, 09:57 AM
With as many playmakers as we have on offense, I'd think even with Landry under center we couldn't be much worse than Jimmy Clausen's Bears.

Exactly. Plenty of talent at the other positions. We just need Vick to not singlehandedly lose games for us like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ9TtEPbW8U

Rotorhead
09-29-2015, 02:44 PM
It's not like Vic has had this level of talent around him pretty much ever. Not to mention the OL was giving Ben years back there without being touched. He will be fine, most any QB can pick apart a def given enough to time, add to that our off weapons and I think 4-2 is not out of the question.

polamalubeast
09-29-2015, 02:56 PM

dduc996
09-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Vick seems to have lost that nasty attitude that gave him a winning edge. He needs to play pissed and just stop being so humble-pie fragile like. You paid for your crime - screw the press , screw the haters - get out there and blow some minds and take charge !!!!

SteelFever
10-01-2015, 08:59 AM

Yes. ten characters