PDA

View Full Version : Week 4:The Baltimore Ravens(0-3)

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 06:54 AM
The Ravens are in a big hole with a 0-3 record for the first time in their history.

It was 3 very close losses for the ravens.

It will not be easy, but the Steelers can win if Vick Makes Some plays, protect the football and that the defense put pressure on Flacco.

The pass defense of the Ravens is their big weakness, especially without Suggs ...

fansince'76
09-28-2015, 07:01 AM
The pass defense of the Ravens is their big weakness, especially without Suggs ...

Which we aren't exactly in an ideal position to exploit at the moment. But I'll bet their run D is just as solid as ever.

This sucks.

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 07:05 AM
Ravens fans are ready to tank the season...cheer up

tank the season. sick to my stomach

I'm prepared for Vick to have a career day.

Burn it down rebuild

Ravens will be lucky to win 2 games this season.

No way they beat Steelers on a short week. This team is done mentally.

I just hope they don't wipe the floor with us.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/65303-next-up-pittsburgh-steelers/

fansince'76
09-28-2015, 07:22 AM
I kinda doubt the Ravens players will be as quick to tank the season and 0-4 is just too big of a hole to climb out of.

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 07:25 AM
The problem for this game, the Steelers will only have a few days to prepare Vick against the ravens.

Buckinnuts
09-28-2015, 07:32 AM
I say it's time to get Sammy Coates involved...couldn't hurt with a speedster

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 07:37 AM
I say it's time to get Sammy Coates involved...couldn't hurt with a speedster

Vick's still got a good arm...let him throw it deep...it's when he has to read defenses he gets lost

Let it Fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj5odUmiEgs

st33lersguy
09-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Why is Baltimore always so lucky

Rotorhead
09-28-2015, 09:52 AM
if Vick can just manage the game we should be ok until Ben returns. He still has a good arm so if he can not turn it over and we can get some running game going we should be fine. Our Def needs to step it up big time. Any work on Shazier's return?

steel striker
09-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Plus we all know the ravens will be desperate for this game our defense needs to play a great game. I think the rats are going to dare the steelers to throw the ball with Vick. They will load the box to stop Bell and, I just hope Vick can winning football no turn overs.

86WARD
09-28-2015, 10:56 AM
The problem for this game, the Steelers will only have a few days to prepare Vick against the ravens.

And vice versa...

steelreserve
09-28-2015, 01:18 PM
if Vick can just manage the game we should be ok until Ben returns. He still has a good arm so if he can not turn it over and we can get some running game going we should be fine. Our Def needs to step it up big time. Any work on Shazier's return?

Vick doesn't manage the game. He's either boom or bust. If you tell him to manage the game and have him play conservatively, you will lose, period.

Steelman
09-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Vick doesn't manage the game. He's either boom or bust. If you tell him to manage the game and have him play conservatively, you will lose, period.

But the Haley effect is magical! He will transform the legendary Michael Vick into the NFL's faster version of Matt Cassel, except turnovers will be a thing of the past!

Meh, one can hope at least. :chuckle:

TeeTee
09-28-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't think we should be too rush heavy to start off, because I believe the Ravens will be ready and able to stuff our run. I would do lots of roll outs, cutting the field in half, making it easier for Vick to decide where to go with the ball. Look deep, if covered hit Heath or Bell. Start there and then eventually work in the rush as Balt. starts to have it's safeties back off.

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 03:22 PM
The ravens defense are....

29th in Passing yards allowed
30th in TD's allowed
28th in Points Per Game
30th in 3rd down percentage

salamander
09-28-2015, 04:41 PM
So the Ravens are 0-3 and their defense sucks so far...which means they'll win their first game on Thursday and look like all-pros on defense against us. That's usually how it goes for us.

steelreserve
09-28-2015, 04:55 PM
So the Ravens are 0-3 and their defense sucks so far...which means they'll win their first game on Thursday and look like all-pros on defense against us. That's usually how it goes for us.

Yeah, pretty much. If anything like previous contests, it ought to play out like:

run the ball, run the ball, doesn't work, 3-and-out ... Ravens march down field easily, settle for FG ... run the ball, run the ball, doesn't work, 3-and-out ... Moonball Joe 50-yard pass interference, free touchdown ... one first down, then run the ball, doesn't work, punt ... Ravens march down field easily, settle for FG ... one good drive before halftime, settle for long FG after dumb holding penalty on a 25-yard completion down to the 2-inch line ... one first down and then running plays that don't work, Vick nearly makes a bonehead mistake ... Ravens nearly score but choke it away ... we get a big play for a TD and somehow are within 3 points ... Ravens march down the field and score after BS helmet-to-helmet penalty at midfield ... come on, we need to score to keep it close ... run the ball, run the ball, screen pass, doesn't work ... trade punts ... come on, we need to score to keep it close ... Vick throws worst INT in history of the league ... Flacco TD pass to lumbering white TE, game out of reach ... garbage-time TD to Brown.

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 05:36 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/24/28/b324281f7da7946d8920311444f50522.jpg

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 05:59 PM
I kinda doubt the Ravens players will be as quick to tank the season

You don't know that - if Suggs was still in there, then yeah, I'd be picking up the Ravens defense against Vick....but now I'm not so sure

They look weak and depleted. Vick needs to just to run the ball and get a dozen bubble screens to AB and he'll get 5 for 100, easy

Stop the Flacco lob balls and they have nothing.

KISS

polamalubeast
09-28-2015, 06:14 PM
If the steelers lose,I do not want to hear that the steelers have lost against a bad team, because firstly, the ravens are not a bad team even if they are 0-3 and secondly the steelers are with their backup QB!

Shoes
09-28-2015, 06:49 PM
May James Harrison and Moon ball Joe meet often in the rats backfield.

StillCurtains
09-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Well, I've seen this movie before. Ravens fans griping and complaining about who should be fired, who should be cut/benched and talking 0-4 even with Vick! Oh how I wish it was just that easy.

It never matters how bad they may look against other teams, they very RARELY look the same against us. Who's on the field rarely seems to ever matter either. We've been here before! Last year's playoffs and also our 2013 matchup @ Heinz.

Vick on a short week with a dummied down offense primarily featuring the run? Also Flacco against our secondary? SHEESH! This will have to be an ABSOLUTE dog fight in order for us to win. It will take EVERYTHING we have! Add to the fact that their backs are against the wall!!!

If we CAN pull this off, I see it by 2 field goals at the most, and that's not guaranteed by Scobee's shaky start. Ravens fans can think what they want, but it will be FAR from the Steelers walking all over them, no matter WHAT they think. I know better.

steelreserve
09-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Well, I've seen this movie before. Ravens fans griping and complaining about who should be fired, who should be cut/benched and talking 0-4 even with Vick! Oh how I wish it was just that easy.

It never matters how bad they may look against other teams, they very RARELY look the same against us. Who's on the field rarely seems to ever matter either. We've been here before! Last year's playoffs and also our 2013 matchup @ Heinz.

Vick on a short week with a dummied down offense primarily featuring the run? Also Flacco against our secondary? SHEESH! This will have to be an ABSOLUTE dog fight in order for us to win. It will take EVERYTHING we have! Add to the fact that their backs are against the wall!!!

If we CAN pull this off, I see it by 2 field goals at the most, and that's not guaranteed by Scobee's shaky start. Ravens fans can think what they want, but it will be FAR from the Steelers walking all over them, no matter WHAT they think. I know better.

This seems like the best breakdown of the game so far, and I am not even joking. You'll go far with this...

Count Steeler
09-29-2015, 05:06 AM
One good thing about Moonball, our secondary coverage may not be close enough for them to get those stupid PI calls.

Of course, I'm expecting Moonball to overthrow those passes.

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2015, 03:20 PM
I still dont understand how that 2ndary is playing so badly. Ladarius Webb and Jimmy Smith used to be so good when healthy

polamalubeast
09-29-2015, 03:23 PM
I still dont understand how that 2ndary is playing so badly. Ladarius Webb and Jimmy Smith used to be so good when healthy

Webb is not the same player....and they have no pass rush without Suggs.

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2015, 05:28 PM
I think this is going to be a bad year. No pass defense at all. No pass rush. Flacco is not lobbing the ball- he is throwing short and not leading receivers, forcing them to stop and fight for the ball. Forsett looks like a one-hit wonder, and can't get more than two yards unless he runs off-tackle or a sweep, which doesn't get called until 7:42 left in the 4th quarter.

If it wasn't for Smith Sr. and Crockett, the Ravens offense would look as dismal as the defense. In years past I would have said "No Big Ben? OMG! THAT'S a win!" I am not saying that now. Granted, I expect a higher level of play in a Ravens-Steelers match-up, but I am looking at a 0-4 start. And to be frank, as Cleveland plays us pretty tough, 0-5 is not far-fetched.

I have little confidence for a W this Thursday.

Moose
09-29-2015, 05:35 PM
I think the best bet for Thursday night in just run the ball constantly down their throats. With our RB's we ought to have them on their heels. And then periodically throw to Heath across the middle. Fast, short passes. Get the ball out of Vick's hands as fast as possible to eliminate a fumble and turnover.

steelerdude15
09-29-2015, 05:37 PM
A major concern I have is Marcus having a rough night because of Dumervil. Marcus has struggled against Dumervil when they've played against each other. Dumervil can beat Marcus off the line of scrimmage, push him back into the pocket to disrupt things, and shed off Marcus' block to get sacks.

tube517
09-29-2015, 05:37 PM
I think this is going to be a bad year. No pass defense at all. No pass rush. Flacco is not lobbing the ball- he is throwing short and not leading receivers, forcing them to stop and fight for the ball. Forsett looks like a one-hit wonder, and can't get more than two yards unless he runs off-tackle or a sweep, which doesn't get called until 7:42 left in the 4th quarter.

If it wasn't for Smith Sr. and Crockett, the Ravens offense would look as dismal as the defense. In years past I would have said "No Big Ben? OMG! THAT'S a win!" I am not saying that now. Granted, I expect a higher level of play in a Ravens-Steelers match-up, but I am looking at a 0-4 start. And to be frank, as Cleveland plays us pretty tough, 0-5 is not far-fetched.

I have little confidence for a W this Thursday.

Sorry but I don't subscribe to that hocus pocus. Ravens always play the Steelers tough. And they play very well at Heinz Field.

dduc996
09-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Sorry but I don't subscribe to that hocus pocus. Ravens always play the Steelers tough. And they play very well at Heinz Field.
This may be more difficult to win then any other game. Ravens, (I think) want this game more - there's NO WAY they want to walk out of Heinz 0-4.

Not sure if I want to stay up and watch it. [emoji42]

polamalubeast
09-29-2015, 06:51 PM
I think the steelers will win this game!....24-17

steelerdude15
09-29-2015, 07:31 PM
Ravens likely to be without starting TE Thursday

The abbreviated work week for the Ravens and Steelers means the teams released a final participation and injury report Tuesday.

The Ravens listed the same players on that report that they listed on Monday. They practiced Tuesday without starting tight end Crockett Gilmore, defensive end Chris Canty and wide receiver Breshad Perriman, while starting left tackle Eugene Monroe was limited and could miss a second straight game due to a concussion.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday, Ravens offensive coordinator Marc Trestman said that the team will probably be without Gillmore Thursday. Gillmore left last Sunday’s loss to the Bengals with a calf injury.

Read More: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/29/ravens-likely-to-be-without-starting-te-thursday/

Flacco would be losing one of his best targets so far of the season.

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2015, 07:44 PM

They normally do. But I have never seen the defense so bad as this year. A.J. Green is a good receiver, but he looked like the Second Coming of Jerry Rice Sunday. The Ravens secondary is lost in the woods somewhere.

steelerdude15
09-29-2015, 08:03 PM
They normally do. But I have never seen the defense so bad as this year. A.J. Green is a good receiver, but he looked like the Second Coming of Jerry Rice Sunday. The Ravens secondary is lost in the woods somewhere.

Losing Suggs hurts your team because of his leadership and splash play making ability. You're pass defense might not be doing well this year, but isn't your run defense doing pretty good?

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2015, 08:28 PM
The run defense is still reasonably good, but why run when you can pass with impunity?

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2015, 11:31 PM
The run defense is still reasonably good, but why run when you can pass with impunity?

because other than the fact that the coaching and players (yes, the players) on your team are still too good to lay down for 0-4, the 2nd best chance at you guys winning is Mike Vick's turnover prone game.

If Mike Vick tries to be a hero on thursday you guys are going to teach us some manners.

Btw, as a ravens fan, what on earth is going on with Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith. I thought they could quietly end up being a top 5ish CB duo if healthy. Yikes was i wrong

fansince'76
09-30-2015, 12:00 AM

Because even when Vick was in his prime, he pretty much sucked as a passer for the most part. :lol:

j-d-s
09-30-2015, 03:41 AM
I would suggest to give our WRs some reps in defensive back play. Then just have Vick throw it deep and hope somebody catches the ball or gets a PI (or holding, illegal contact) for which the chances are not so bad. If there is the danger of an interception, the receiver turns CB and has to break up the pass...

86WARD
09-30-2015, 06:04 AM

Because Vick is back there now...

Crow-Magnon
10-01-2015, 07:00 PM
because other than the fact that the coaching and players (yes, the players) on your team are still too good to lay down for 0-4, the 2nd best chance at you guys winning is Mike Vick's turnover prone game.

If Mike Vick tries to be a hero on thursday you guys are going to teach us some manners.

Btw, as a ravens fan, what on earth is going on with Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith. I thought they could quietly end up being a top 5ish CB duo if healthy. Yikes was i wrong

Webb has not been the same since his last injury. A good CB, but not great. Jimmy Smith? He just doesn't look like he has his head in the game.

tube517
10-01-2015, 07:09 PM
I would suggest to give our WRs some reps in defensive back play. Then just have Vick throw it deep and hope somebody catches the ball or gets a PI (or holding, illegal contact) for which the chances are not so bad. If there is the danger of an interception, the receiver turns CB and has to break up the pass...

Works for Bert Flaccid....

hawaiiansteeler
10-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Works for Bert Flaccid....

http://i0.wp.com/vikingsterritory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Flacco-and-Bert.png?resize=400%2C239

Crow-Magnon
10-02-2015, 06:17 AM
A W is a W. But it should have been a L at least three times. Scobee's two shanks were all that would have been needed. And based on that, he lost a chance at a third.

Tough game. Neither team looked that good. RB's had a good day, but QB play was substandard.

teegre
10-02-2015, 09:26 AM
A W is a W. But it should have been a L at least three times. Scobee's two shanks were all that would have been needed. And based on that, he lost a chance at a third.

Tough game. Neither team looked that good. RB's had a good day, but QB play was substandard.

That's the simplest & most accurate summary that I've seen.

steelerdude15
10-02-2015, 01:35 PM

This is an accurate assessment of the game. Your win last night may have saved your season.

Crow-Magnon
10-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Maybe, but I doubt it. Had the Ravens won 35-10, maybe I would feel different. I have zero doubt a healthy Ben would have carved the Ravens secondary up. Last nights W made the season more interesting, but I harbor no false pretentions. 8-8 would be a blessing.