PDA

View Full Version : For Tomlin, Vick will get it done

stillers4me
09-28-2015, 05:32 AM
It will around a month. It won't be for the season.

The Steelers are looking at life without franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but it could be worse.

It could be Bruce Gradkowski. It could be Landry Jones.

It's Mike Vick, though.

But really, it's Vick and Mike Tomlin.

And outside of New England, there might not be a bond tighter than the one between the Steelers' new starting quarterback and longtime coach.
So if Vick has anything left of what it was that once made him the NFL's It Guy, the Steelers are going to be all right.

The best motivation is the push to do right by a friend.

“I'm so thankful for Mike Tomlin … because I wasn't ready to give up on football,” Vick said.

“He's seen a lot in me, and I'm thankful.”

Confidence can't be taught. Humility can............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/9157284-74/vick-tomlin-steelers#ixzz3n1nzkdqc

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 05:33 AM
Is this the pom-pom thread?

Count Steeler
09-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Vick, you need to raise your football IQ and hold on to the damn football. Don't produce turnovers and we may be all right.

Just make sure you hit Brown 5 times per game.

stillers4me
09-28-2015, 05:37 AM
Is this the pom-pom thread?

No, it's simply an article from the Pittsburgh media.

If you don't like it, then don't read it. I think the Patriots* bandwagon is still accepting new members.

86WARD
09-28-2015, 05:38 AM
Vick, you need to raise your football IQ and hold on to the damn football. Don't produce turnovers and we may be all right.

Just make sure you hit Brown 5 times per game.

...for 50 yards...

Count Steeler
09-28-2015, 05:38 AM
...for 50 yards...

Oh, get the ball to Brown 5 times and he will make 50 yards happen.

86WARD
09-28-2015, 05:39 AM
Hopefully...I fear the return of the bubble screen...

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 05:51 AM
No, it's simply an article from the Pittsburgh media.

It's Rob Rossi - he couldn't piss off Pens fans anymore so now he went to the Trib to suck up to Steelers fans?

He'll turn, you'll see.

LLT
09-28-2015, 06:06 AM
It's Rob Rossi - he couldn't piss off Pens fans anymore so now he went to the Trib to suck up to Steelers fans?

He'll turn, you'll see.

http://yourtobelist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/eeyore.jpg

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 06:32 AM
yeah - I'm sick to my stomach and see no silver lining

ALLD
09-28-2015, 07:25 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Pittsburgh_Steelers_season

The 1976 Pittsburgh Steelers season was the team's 44th in the National Football League. The Steelers started the season looking to become the first team in the Super Bowl era to win three-straight league championships (and first since the 1929–1931 and 1965–1967 Green Bay Packers). However, many thought that would be in doubt after the team started 1–4 and saw quarterback Terry Bradshaw injured in the week 5 loss to the Cleveland Browns after a vicious sack by Joe "Turkey" Jones that has since become immortalized in NFL Films as part of the Browns-Steelers rivalry.

EzraTank
09-28-2015, 08:11 AM
NOTE TO VICK:

New poster here but long time fantasy player. I prefer you throw short passes to Bell all game (PPR league) instead of handing it off. :tt03:

Thank You,
ET

Shoes
09-28-2015, 09:27 AM
I think Vick is going to do well. He could have taken the easy road through his troubles but he didn't. He did more jail time for the dog issue than many do for child abuse. Bankruptcy would have been an easy out for the financial mess he was in, but he worked hard to pay his debt back. For the football part, he has more talent and experience than the other backups the Steelers have or had in the past. I hope he can pull it together until Ben gets back..... one thing is for sure, I think you'll see a guy playing his heart out for the chance given him.