PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell prepared for bigger workload in wake of Roethlisberger injury

stillers4me
09-28-2015, 05:28 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was not kidding on Tuesday when he said “I’m going to play Le’Veon Bell” in response to a question about how he was going to use his All-Pro running back in his first game action of the season. Any remaining questions about how Tomlin would proceed were answered when Bell touched the ball 27 times on Sunday against the Rams.

Bell had 132 total yards and scored the only touchdown of the game. He had 62 yards on 19 rushing attempts and seven receptions for 70 yards.
DeAngelo Williams, who rushed for 204 yards in the first two games while Bell served a two-game suspension, had one carry for two yards.
Bell, who was not allowed to practice for the two weeks he was suspended, said he felt no ill effects from the long layoff.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/28/Le-Veon-Bell-prepared-for-bigger-workload-in-wake-of-Roethlisberger-injury/stories/201509280065

86WARD
09-28-2015, 05:34 AM
I think with Ben out that both Bell and Williams will be used a lot...if the O Line can get some push and Vick can throw for 175-225 yards with minimal mistakes, this team could do this...I'm most worried about Vick being a turnover machine. He was hit while carrying the ball twice yesterday and fumbled both times and then threw what should've been an INT...

Count Steeler
09-28-2015, 05:36 AM
Let's put that down to being cold off the bench. However, I think a lot of us have the same fears. He has to treat that football with a little more respect.

So if he does fumble, does Tomlin bench him for the rest of the game?