PDA

View Full Version : Ward: Ben Roethlisberger 'broke down' in emotional apology to Steelers on Thursday

polamalubeast
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Hines Ward: Ben Roethlisberger 'broke down' in emotional apology to Steelers on Thursday

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward said that QB Ben Roethlisberger emotionally addressed his teammates on Thursday night after his final game before a four-game suspension began.

"He broke down," Ward told Steel City Insider, via CBS Sports. "The reality sets in. He's feeling the pain because now it's hitting home."

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/hines-ward-ben-roethlisberger-broke-down-in-emotional-apology-to-steelers-on-thursday/1

Steelers president Art Rooney II expresses support for Ben Roethlisberger

Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II expressed support for QB Ben Roethlisberger after the NFL reduced his suspension to four games on Friday.

"Ben has done a good job this summer of growing as the person that he needs to be, both on and off the field," Rooney said in a statement.

"I am confident that Ben is committed to continuing in this positive direction. As a team, our focus is now on preparing for the regular season and getting off to a good start on opening weekend."

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/steelers-president-art-rooney-ii-expresses-support-for-ben-roethlisberger/1

Burghfan58
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I guess that was as good of a time as any to apologize. Hopefully the team takes his apology as heartfelt and goes out and kicks some bootie till he's back.

:tt03::tt02::tt03::tt02::tt03:

steelerdude15
09-03-2010, 02:03 PM
We'll glad to see Ben finally has learned. I believe things are going to change for him and hopefully he stays clean and out of harms way.

steelpride12
09-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I truly believe Ben has learned his lesson and will be ready to go back on the field against Cleveland and produce havoc. I know things are going to change for the better and he is going to finally act like an adult on and off the field.

kmsteelerwr15
09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Well it looks like his actions are showing that he learned his lesson.

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I got a feeling Ben is gonna play every game like it's the Super Bowl when he gets back... write it down !

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Good for Ben, and just think, would he have really "changed" had there been no suspension?

Blessing in Disguise I say. Give him a good slap of reality now, save him for years to come.

Edman
09-03-2010, 02:40 PM
4 games. To sit and contemplate that you're not invincible or infallible. Ben needed to be punished, even if he wasn't charged of anything. It hurts doesn't it, Ben? To have a city quickly turn on you. To see you playing career nearly go up in smoke right in front of your eyes. Sucks that it had to reach this point, but something had to be done.

Seventh Heaven is going to be coming soon. Maybe not this year, but it's going to be coming in the near future. Probably because of this.

vasteeler
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
i keep reading " learned lesson" i still say its bull shit, he has done nothing wrong!!
i actually feel sorry for him, well as sorry as i can for man making 100 million dollars. he has gotten screwed, not only him but the whole organization. you have people fighting, killing people while drunk, taking guns onto an airplane not getting punished but some skank gives a celebrity a blow job than regrets it and ACCUSES him of rape and he gets the book thrown at him :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

wvsportsman
09-03-2010, 04:47 PM
i keep reading " learned lesson" i still say its bull shit, he has done nothing wrong!!
i actually feel sorry for him, well as sorry as i can for man making 100 million dollars. he has gotten screwed, not only him but the whole organization. you have people fighting, killing people while drunk, taking guns onto an airplane not getting punished but some skank gives a celebrity a blow job than regrets it and ACCUSES him of rape and he gets the book thrown at him :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

Actually he was wrong just by putting himself in the situation to be accused. He was also wrong by thinking he could treat people(especially women) like dirt!
He needed the arrogance slapped ut of him and thats what he got. Someone had to come down on him or he would have only got worse. Having said that I believe he is being honest in his attempts to change himself into a better person.
I say he deserves the chance to do just that.

stillers4me
09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Actually he was wrong just by putting himself in the situation to be accused. He was also wrong by thinking he could treat people(especially women) like dirt!
He needed the arrogance slapped ut of him and thats what he got. Someone had to come down on him or he would have only got worse. Having said that I believe he is being honest in his attempts to change himself into a better person.
I say he deserves the chance to do just that.

That may or may not all be true, by what business is of it of Roger Goodell to do it? 4 games and the dog and pony show because Goodell didn't like how Ben was acting???

Ben was not charged with a crime or broke any specific written rule in the league handbook. Goodell takes it upon himself in being the moral watchdog of the NFL and is going down a very slippery slope. I understand a suspension like Santonio's. But a morality suspension of 4 games and banishment of all things Steeler is excessive.

Steeltreal
09-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Someone should cast Will Ferell to play Ben in a movie about his life.

"He's no sex addict, its just a curse."

tube517
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I hope this makes the team closer and I also hope he talked to Dixon and gave him some encouragement. Time to suck it up and be ready to win the last 12 games of the year.

HometownGal
09-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I got a feeling Ben is gonna play every game like it's the Super Bowl when he gets back... write it down !

^^This. :thumbsup:

I believe Ben has had an epiphany and is well on his way to transforming himself from an irresponsible, immature, testosterone controlled teenager in a man's body into a responsible, mature and respectable MAN. I'm in his corner 100%. :applaudit: :drink:

wvsportsman
09-03-2010, 09:41 PM
That may or may not all be true, by what business is of it of Roger Goodell to do it? 4 games and the dog and pony show because Goodell didn't like how Ben was acting???

Ben was not charged with a crime or broke any specific written rule in the league handbook. Goodell takes it upon himself in being the moral watchdog of the NFL and is going down a very slippery slope. I understand a suspension like Santonio's. But a morality suspension of 4 games and banishment of all things Steeler is excessive.

I'm just sayin, it must be working as he seems to be getting back to his religion and turning his life around. It is a shame the rest of the team is getting penalized along with him.

43Hitman
09-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Finality brings Roethlisberger to tears
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/84/847013.jpg
Ben Roethlisberger (Getty Images)

By Mike Prisuta (javascript:location.href='http://search.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22'%20+%20author%20+%20'%22&sssiteid=68&type=2';)
SteelCityInsider.net
Posted Sep 3, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- Ben wept. “He broke down,” wide receiver Hines Ward (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=4835675) reported late Thursday night in the bowels of Heinz Field.
“The reality sets in. He’s feeling the pain because now it’s hitting home.”
“It,” of course, is Roethlisberger’s impending suspension, which includes his missing four games and being banished from the Steelers’ practice facility for the duration.

For the rest of the article go here: http://pit.scout.com/2/998599.html

stillers4me
09-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Obviously, the team has little resentement for Ben and the situation. Maybe this will really pull them together, especially while he's gone and they'll be even more determined to win games for him when they know he's sitting on his couch with his dad watching the games. (Ben said in an interview that he's probably only let his dad watch the games with him).

The when he gets back, they are going to unleash hell.................:buttkick:

Texasteel
09-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I know about the "Lack of playing time" argument, but I don't think I would want to be the team Ben meets his first game back.