PDA

View Full Version : My Goodness!!!

StillCurtains
09-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Hey Guys!!!

I know we dodged a bullet with Ben being out 4-6 weeks as opposed to the season but MY GOODNESS!!! What is this? Every time we seem we have some REAL promise for the season THIS crap happens! Not only that, but it seems every time we get ready to have a showdown with Baltimore, Ben is out!

First we lose Bell for 2 games, then Golson for the season, then Suisham for the season, then Hartley his replacement, then Pouncey for at least 8 weeks, then Bryant for 4 games, Then Cortez Allen (TBD-Need all the depth we can get @ CB) then Shazier (TBD) Now Ben 4-6 weeks!!! SHEESH!!! Can we EVER have our guys on the field at the same time?

To top it off, We have hard hitting no coverage or ball skill Blake starting over Boykin? Did you see the play that Cockrell made on the slant pattern today? That's ALREADY one more play that Blake can NEVER make! Now when we have a shot in putting Baltimore in a serious hole, we are seriously shorthanded, and will have to watch Flacco abuse Blake all game long.

We need to be extremely LOUD on Thursday. I know that there are many that don't support Vick, but everyone needs to get on board. The last thing we need is to have protests and boo birds in our house as we play our most bitter rival. It will only fuel and make the Ravens comfortable.

What seriously is frustrating is seeing teams like New England go virtually unscathed when it comes to injuries allowing them to keep momentum and continuity to keep rolling, while we have such bad luck. We're much more talented than many teams out there, including New England, but we never seem to be able to showcase it due to suspensions, injuries and etc; which prevents our team getting time to gel, while the likes of teams like New England look all world all year.

I'm not wishing injury on teams, but the other teams always seem to be able to roll all year having their full deck of players for the most part while we can't and look to be mediocre because our players are never available.

Oh well, excuse me guys, just venting.

86WARD
09-27-2015, 10:27 PM
I feel your pain brother!

steelreserve
09-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Just make the playoffs. Then it's three hands of blackjack.

fansince'76
09-27-2015, 10:48 PM

:iagree:

Devilsdancefloor
09-27-2015, 11:01 PM

yupper!

ETL
09-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Injuries happen all over the NFL. Cowboys lose Romo and Bryant and GB lose Jordy Nelson and Ravens lose Suggs. Teams just need to manage it and find a way to come out on top

steelerdude15
09-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Injuries happen all over the NFL. Cowboys lose Romo and Bryant and GB lose Jordy Nelson and Ravens lose Suggs. Teams just need to manage it and find a way to come out on top

One of the ways a team can manage injuries is drafting/picking up and then developing depth which has been issue with this coaching staff and management staff for a few years now. There have been a few times we've seen players come in and not be very productive.

fansince'76
09-27-2015, 11:15 PM
One of the ways a team can manage injuries is drafting/picking up and then developing depth which has been issue with this coaching staff and management staff for a few years now.

Not at QB in a league where the majority of the starters are either mediocre or downright suck. You lose a franchise QB if you're one of the lucky few that actually has one and you're going to feel it, I don't care who you are.

Edman
09-27-2015, 11:38 PM
The Steelers can manage without Ben. Right now, they need to manage without him.

WINNING without Ben is another thing. If Ben was out for the year, like we all feared, the season is sunk. No If's, And's, or Buts.

SteelMayhem72
09-28-2015, 03:15 AM
The Steelers can manage without Ben. Right now, they need to manage without him.

WINNING without Ben is another thing. If Ben was out for the year, like we all feared, the season is sunk. No If's, And's, or Buts.
Still gonna take longer than 6 weeks for him to get back to ”normal"...people think when he gets back on the field that he instantly goes back to being great...thats not gonna happen initially

86WARD
09-28-2015, 05:13 AM
Still gonna take longer than 6 weeks for him to get back to ”normal"...people think when he gets back on the field that he instantly goes back to being great...thats not gonna happen initially

But really, that too is just speculation...none of us really know how he will respond to the injury...

Count Steeler
09-28-2015, 05:28 AM
As Steelers fans, the worst scenario has come true. Our fearless leader is down for 4-6 weeks.

Well, the standard is the standard. Time for the remaining guys to step it up a notch and make sure the season doesn't go into the dumpster. Out of respect for their leader, they should push harder and find that extra effort and make a difference in the following games.

Up first, the Ravens. If we can get ahead in the game, we can win. If we fall behind, it is going to be tough. Hope the emotion of the Bettis ceremony and the fact that we are at home, translates to another victory.

steelerdude15
09-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Not at QB in a league where the majority of the starters are either mediocre or downright suck. You lose a franchise QB if you're one of the lucky few that actually has one and you're going to feel it, I don't care who you are.

My post was really directed towards other positions on the team. I know that when you lose starting quarterback who is a franchise player, you can't replace him no matter who is behind in on the depth chart.