Edman
09-27-2015, 04:04 PM
No Ben. Oh well.

The mettle of this team will be tested.

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 04:07 PM
No Ben. Oh well.

I think they already showed something today. Could have easily rolled over and played dead. O couldn't get on track because the Rams D Line is that good. Fisher 1 Munchak 0. But the D stepped up, had the interception and won the game. The Rams are not a juggernaut on O, but we got the job done. At least the D is still improving. Now they just have to learn to tackle on first contact.

86WARD
09-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Looked they were thinking about rolling over there for a few minutes...

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Looked they were thinking about rolling over there for a few minutes...

Yes, but they didn't. They pulled it together. Gotta give credit to Butler. The D is improving. If they could tackle, watch out.

fansince'76
09-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Doesn't look good, but I'm a Steelers fan to the bitter end.

Iron Steeler
09-27-2015, 04:55 PM
this is gonna be an interesting ride guys and gals. if its going to happen its better that it happens early in the season rather then later. Just get as many W's as we can before / if ben comes back . :pray:

Lets go Steelers!

zulater
09-27-2015, 05:08 PM
No Ben. Oh well.

Knowing your longstanding hate for Ben.

You're probably celebrating, hoping for the worst.

Edman
09-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Knowing your longstanding hate for Ben.

You're probably celebrating, hoping for the worst.

It's unknown if our QB is hurt for four weeks if not longer, and all you do is come at me like a petty little girl.

Piss off, dude.

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 05:15 PM
this is gonna be an interesting ride guys and gals. if its going to happen its better that it happens early in the season rather then later. Just get as many W's as we can before / if ben comes back . :pray:

Lets go Steelers!

This just may work out for the betterment of the team. Defense knows now that there is no way the offense is going to put up 40. They HAVE to get their shit together, NOW! The offense has to come together as a unit. Can't rely on Ben all the time. Ben should be the piece that takes us from great to Super Bowl great. We should still be able to win some games in the regular season.

zulater
09-27-2015, 05:15 PM
It's unknown if our QB is hurt for four weeks if not longer, and all you do is come at me like a petty little girl.

Piss off, dude.

Your OP says it all.

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Gentlemen. Enough.

zulater
09-27-2015, 05:17 PM
"Hey my dog just got run over". "Oh well."

Yep, you could barely contain your glee.

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 05:19 PM
"Hey my dog just got run over". "Oh well."

Yep, you could barely contain your glee.

I for one did not take it that way.

zulater
09-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Gentlemen. Enough.

I'm only saying what everyone knows. It's a pretty easy read between the lines with this guys history to see that he can barely contain his glee.

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm only saying what everyone knows. It's a pretty easy read between the lines with this guys history to see that he can barely contain his glee.

Calling him out is fair play. Refrain from name calling.

zulater
09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
I for one did not take it that way.

Do a little research with his history on our qb. He dislikes him personally and professionally. Looking to torpedo him at a moments notice.

That's the last I'll say on it.

TeeTee
09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
No Ben. Oh well.

You can be "All in" all you want. If Ben is lost for the season, this team is nothing but so so and has zero chance in advancing in the playoffs, or probably even making it to the post season. It will have nothing to do with you being "all in" or not.

86WARD
09-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Yes, but they didn't. They pulled it together. Gotta give credit to Butler. The D is improving. If they could tackle, watch out.

They were tackling great at the beginning and then forgot how to do it somewhere in the middle of the game. They did rally up though and that's why I gave them my game ball. The only thing that really bugs me is he amount of cushion this team is giving to receivers...maybe it's because they are afraid they will blow by them for a big play and it's better to keep everything in front but if an opposing QB want to complete a 5 yard pass, it's there all day...

Edman
09-27-2015, 06:09 PM

That's right. I have criticized *ahem* "hated" Ben to hell and back when he sucked and didn't play up to his status and ability. I even considered the Steelers trading him at one point. I said what I said and I take none of it back at all.

But since you're so petty and you want attention so bad you want this topic to be about you, it'll be about you now.

That's the last I'll say on it.

Not happening. You wanted the floor, you wanted this topic to be about you, now it's about you.

The difference between you and me is that I own up to what I said. You want to deliver a nice little potshot and run away.

zulater
09-27-2015, 06:17 PM
That's right. I have criticized *ahem* "hated" Ben to hell and back when he sucked and didn't play up to his status and ability. I even considered the Steelers trading him at one point. I said what I said and I take none of it back at all.

But since you're so petty and you want attention so bad you want this topic to be about you, it'll be about you now.

Not happening. You wanted the floor, you wanted this topic to be about you, now it's about you.

The difference between you and me is that I own up to what I said. You want to deliver a nice little potshot and run away.

No I don't want to run away from you. But for the board I'll stand down.

But since you asked for it your OP says it all. Look we get it. Life moves on. Whichever direction has yet to be determined. But 99% of us, while realizing this will at least say "shit. this sucks". Then you deal with reality and get pragmatic afterwards.

You. "Oh well." As if you couldn't care less, or are actually looking forward to this. Perhaps to prove your longstanding point that Ben gets too much credit for Steelers success. Now all will see that Ben is as mediocre as you've always claimed.

Good for you. Now you get a few games to find it out.

ALLD
09-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Born a Steeler fan, but I am not delusional about their chances. What could have been, but will never be. Goes to show that better scouting and game time adjustments need to be made not just to win games, but to keep everybody healthy.

Edman
09-27-2015, 06:48 PM
No I don't want to run away from you. But for the board I'll stand down.

But since you asked for it your OP says it all. Look we get it. Life moves on. Whichever direction has yet to be determined. But 99% of us, while realizing this will at least say "shit. this sucks". Then you deal with reality and get pragmatic afterwards.

Exactly. No duh it sucks. When you lose one of your best players it's always going to suck.

You say. "Oh well." As if you couldn't care less, or are actually looking forward to this.

Yes. Oh Well. Not to say "Fuck Ben" or anything, but to move on. I didn't make myself clear or came off wrong.

"You're probably celebrating, hoping for the worst."

Probably? So do I not care less or am I hoping for the worst for Ben and the Steelers? You seem to have all the answers about me, so which is it?

Perhaps to prove your longstanding point that Ben gets too much credit for Steelers success. Now all will see that Ben is as mediocre as you've always claimed.

Yes. If Ben is going to take the credit for the Steelers success, then he needs to take some of the blame too when they lose. I see it all the time. When the Steelers Win, Ben gets ALL the credit. When they lose. It's the Defense, It's Arians/Haley, It's the O-Line. Not Ben's fault. I don't fall in with that BS and called some folks out on it, so I'm a "Ben Hater", and you know what? I wear that badge proudly.

Yeah I claimed that. In 2012-2013. When the Steelers were mediocre with Roethlisberger. Ben shut me up in a big way in 2014. Now I know the Steelers will live or die on him.

But when he has a bad game, I'm still going to get on him, because I know he's better than that.

I said then if the Steelers can barely manage 8-8 WITH Ben, then why bother making him the franchise QB? Any mediocre QB can manage 8-8. Roethlisberger is BETTER than that. But like I said before, Ben last season shut me up.

Good for you. Now you get a few games to find it out.

We already know. It's going to suck. No more high-octane offense or 20-30 points a game. It's going to be a long slog until Ben comes back, if he ever does. I already accept it.

zulater
09-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Exactly. No duh it sucks. When you lose one of your best players it's always going to suck.

Yes. Oh Well. Not to say "Fuck Ben" or anything, but to move on. I didn't make myself clear or came off wrong.

Probably? So do I not care less or am I hoping for the worst for Ben and the Steelers? You seem to have all the answers about me, so which is it?

Yes. If Ben is going to take the credit for the Steelers success, then he needs to take some of the blame too when they lose. I see it all the time. When the Steelers Win, Ben gets ALL the credit. When they lose. It's the Defense, It's Arians/Haley, It's the O-Line. Not Ben's fault. I don't fall in with that BS and called some folks out on it, so I'm a "Ben Hater", and you know what? I wear that badge proudly.

Yeah I claimed that. In 2012-2013. When the Steelers were mediocre with Roethlisberger. Ben shut me up in a big way in 2014. Now I know the Steelers will live or die on him.

But when he has a bad game, I'm still going to get on him, because I know he's better than that.

I said then if the Steelers can barely manage 8-8 WITH Ben, then why bother making him the franchise QB? Any mediocre QB can manage 8-8. Roethlisberger is BETTER than that. But like I said before, Ben last season shut me up.

We already know. It's going to suck. No more high-octane offense or 20-30 points a game. It's going to be a long slog until Ben comes back, if he ever does. I already accept it.

Fair enough. If that's how you feel I apologize. Sorry.

Edman
09-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Fair enough. If that's how you feel I apologize. Sorry.

Aw, **** happens, man. It's over, dude. We have to move on. I love my Steelers and I know you do too.

Sucks that Ben got hurt, but he's not out for the year thank god. Now we'll really see what this 2015 Steelers team is made of.

TD's & Beer
09-28-2015, 06:46 AM
I just bought me a Vick Steelers jersey for $20 - I'm all in!

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1G5FQJpXXXXbEXFXXq6xXFXXX0/2015-16-Steelers-2-Michael-VICK-Jersey-Cheap-Authentic-Pittsburgh-Men-s-Elite-Football-Jerseys-Size.jpg_350x350.jpg