PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger's ban at 4 games

Shoes
09-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Ben Roethlisberger's suspension cut from six to four games by the NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527564

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3eb23/article/big-bens-suspension-cut-to-four-games-set-to-play-oct-17-vs-browns?module=breaking_news

steeldevil
09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
expected. Was hoping for 3.... oh well :rant:

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Well. At least he got the best deal Good-hell offered him...

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Poor Cleveland, Big Ben's going to take all of that anger out on them :)

Nadroj 20
09-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Good to know its official...now lets move on.

Randy06
09-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Yep no real news, he did what he was asked lets get ready for week one.

Animal Mother
Everyone thought 4, now it's just official. Still burns me up that it's any games for being declared innocent.

klick81
I still think it's a crock of shit. Fuck Godell.

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
There's also reports coming out that Lefty thinks he can still play...

Edman
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
4 is alright.

Besides, it'll be funny when Baltimore marches into Pittsburgh Week 4 expecting an easy win and lose.

hotrodder07
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I think we all knew it was going to be 4. Would have been nice if it were less, though. Oh well. Time to focus on the Falcons!

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
There's also reports coming out that Lefty thinks he can still play...

Source?

Shoes
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey, the good thing is Ben will be well rested for the long haul. We will be fine!

stlrtruck
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
It's still :bs: simply because Ben wasn't charged, it was all accusations. Now I'm not defending his actions, but I'm pissed that a commissioner who can't work to resolve the current CBA is dealing with moral issues that he truly shouldn't be dealing with. He's so hell bent on discipline that he's not disciplined enough to belly up to the table and fix the league!

Carolina Steelers
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
When can Ben officially rejoin the team? I know he'll be back by Oct 17th to face Browns but when can he start working back out with team?

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 10:43 AM
The NFL's statement on the matter:
"Commissioner Goodell met with Ben Roethlisberger today and notified him that his suspension has been reduced to the Steelers’ first four regular-season games. The reinstatement is contingent on Roethlisberger continuing to adhere to the program established by our advisors and avoiding any further violations of the Personal Conduct Policy. During the suspension, Roethlisberger cannot be at the team’s practice facility, attend games, represent the club publicly in any way, have contact with any member of the coaching staff or other football operations personnel, or engage in any team football-related activities or discussions with teammates away from team facilities.

WTF... sounds like he's on house arrest !! CAN'T EVEN TALK TO HIS TEAM MATES ??

Shoes
09-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Source?

He may be referring to this:

Leftwich told the Steelers initially that he wanted to avoid surgery and believed he still could start against the Atlanta Falcons (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons) a week from Sunday, but a team source termed that possibility as "not likely," Mortensen reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527499

O'Malley
09-03-2010, 10:57 AM
:jerkit:My old lady and I are on our way to Baltimore to cook up an aqusation against Flacco! Then the next stop is New England. If all it takes is an aqusation were on it. This is bullshit. But with that rant out of my system, at least Ben will be four weeks fresher then every other starter in the league!

klick81
09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
The NFL's statement on the matter:
"Commissioner Goodell met with Ben Roethlisberger today and notified him that his suspension has been reduced to the Steelers’ first four regular-season games. The reinstatement is contingent on Roethlisberger continuing to adhere to the program established by our advisors and avoiding any further violations of the Personal Conduct Policy. During the suspension, Roethlisberger cannot be at the team’s practice facility, attend games, represent the club publicly in any way, have contact with any member of the coaching staff or other football operations personnel, or engage in any team football-related activities or discussions with teammates away from team facilities.

WTF... sounds like he's on house arrest !! CAN'T EVEN TALK TO HIS TEAM MATES ??

This asshole godell is completely outta control here. Can't believe he goes unchecked on this.

Raleigh Steel
09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
if only ben wouldn't have been trying to pick up a chick at a bar...like no other guy has tried that ever. if only he would have carried a loaded weapon into an airport...or got into a fight at a strip bar and spill it over into the police station (because someone made fun of miami of ohio)...or if he would have gotten drunk and run someone over...or if he would have had his own dog fighting ring for years and brutally abused animals (remember, vick was suspended indefinitely when he got out of jail, and served only 2 games)

hopefully this whole deal with ben will make him appreciate his own talents and abilities and become a better person, citizen, player, teammate, and PITTSBURGH STEELER! this could be a blessing in disguise.

The Duke
09-03-2010, 11:29 AM
4 is alright.

Besides, it'll be funny when Baltimore marches into Pittsburgh Week 4 expecting an easy win and lose.

After he nearly beat them last year I doubt they will be expecting an easy game

Seems like dixon will be able to get his revenge against them though

SteelerSal
09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
if only ben wouldn't have been trying to pick up a chick at a bar...like no other guy has tried that ever. if only he would have carried a loaded weapon into an airport...or got into a fight at a strip bar and spill it over into the police station (because someone made fun of miami of ohio)...or if he would have gotten drunk and run someone over...or if he would have had his own dog fighting ring for years and brutally abused animals (remember, vick was suspended indefinitely when he got out of jail, and served only 2 games)

hopefully this whole deal with ben will make him appreciate his own talents and abilities and become a better person, citizen, player, teammate, and PITTSBURGH STEELER! this could be a blessing in disguise.

+1 :thumbsup:

I just really don't understand why Ben can't participate with the team and more importantly (in my opinion) the Rooney's did not at least fight for this part of it.

Raleigh Steel
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
quick sal post again...look at the number of posts you are at...

Polamalu Princess
09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I guess that was what I was expecting. Now if we can just get the QB stand in situation figured out!

Butch
09-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Go To Hell Roger Godell!!!

venom
09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Now we can end the Ben threads . Lets move on to the QB starter now -atleast we dont have to wait months for this decision , lol

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:06 PM
This is exactly how the "Don" Rooney wanted it from the begining as I explained on the old message board.

Roger "We need to do something about Ben"
The Don, "You will visit with me and we shall talk"
Roger "But something must be done!"
The Don "You will suspend him only 4 games for he has shamed our family."
Roger "well, um, I guess that's something but..."
The Don, "I was not done, You will say it is 6 games, with the potential of a reduction, then, we will be sure Ben does not disrespect our family again. Also, you will schedule our bye week, week 5."
Roger, "I'm not sure I can do that, and what's with the bye week?"
The Don, "Listen, you will save face, by seeming tough on a Franchise QB that disrespected our Family. Then, you will be shown, that he is not that bad of a guy, and he will do right, then you will lower his suspension to 4 games, and he will then have 2 weeks to get back into form with the starting offense for our Week 6 game. Do you understand this Roger?"
Roger, "yes Don, that is very fair of you. Thank you for allowing me to seem tough."
The Don, "Now Roger, Kiss these 6 rings, and leave us...oh, and do something with your Umpires so they will call the neck hold penalty on Harrison that we are tired of."
Roger, "yes Don, we shall do your bidding."
The Don, "Good, now go Roger, go and pretend to run this league some more."

Moose
09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
As said earlier and many times, we all pretty well knew that 4 games was going to be the punishment for Ben, but Lefty getting hurt is the new wrinkle in the QB season fiasco. I hope Tomlin goes with Batch as the starter. I've watched DD play and in my opinion I think he still needs alot of work and reps. He's still making too many 'rookie' mistakes with the ball to be a starter as long as we have a proven vet on the bench. He needs to calm down and concentrate on what the defense is giving him, which I think he's still having trouble reading. Hopefully by watching Batch start he'll see some things that will benefit him. I think Batch starting and then DD coming in late in 4th quarter ( when game allows ) will benefit all ....Batch, team, and most of all DD.

steelpride12
09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Well no news there. If anything we can close all Ben threads and move on. We knew it would be 4 and I said all along it would not be any less than that.

Chidi29
09-03-2010, 02:52 PM
This asshole godell is completely outta control here. Can't believe he goes unchecked on this.

To be fair, this is standard for all players that violate the league's conduct policy. It isn't personal to Ben.

solardave
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
From now on maybe Ben needs to be shit faced drunk or carrying a gun so he can get off with just a fine. What a crock of shit Vince Young,Vick,the asshole from Cleveland nothing happens to them. Where is the justice? DON'T GET ME STARTED!

vasteeler
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I think the real issue is goodell knows how good the steelers are and thought to make it fair he should give the rest of the league a 4 week head start

Kaeg
09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
...oh, and do something with your Umpires so they will call the neck hold penalty on Harrison that we are tired of."
Roger, "yes Don, we shall do your bidding."
The Don, "Good, now go Roger, go and pretend to run this league some more."

Hey, since we now know how the Ben thing panned out, now we gotta find out how this one worked out.
:heh:

HometownGal
09-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Good to know its official...now lets move on.

Bingo. We're going to have a bit of a rough ride the first 4 and hopefully we can win 2 out of 4. :pray: Time for everyone, including the vampire bat media, to move forward.