PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook: Big Ben beats Bradshaw as Steelers' best quarterback

polamalubeast
09-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is the greatest quarterback in Steelers history. The numbers say as much. He has been passing Terry Bradshaw for years and owns all of the franchise’s significant passing records, 44 in all. Now, along comes another milestone. If the Steelers win today in St. Louis against the Rams, Roethlisberger will become the organization’s winningest quarterback. His regular-season record as a starter is 107-53. Bradshaw was 107-51.

“I’ve got all but one of his records,” Roeth*lis*berger said last week. “But he still has the most important one.”

Super Bowl wins.

Bradshaw played on four championship teams with the Steelers in the 1970s. Roethlisberger is at two and counting.

“To me, he is the greatest Steelers quarterback of all time,” Roethlisberger said. “Because of what he did, his championships, his Super Bowl runs, the records he held on such an amazing franchise. When you have a franchise that’s the best in the business and you’re the guy who led them …

“To me, he’s the best who’s done this.”

It always will be a debate here: Bradshaw or Roethlisberger. My vote goes to Roethlisberger, the more complete player. He also has won with different receivers, running backs, linemen and defenses. Bradshaw played nearly of his career with eight other Hall of Famers.

“Even he said it at one point [that Roethlisberger is better],” Roethlisberger said. “Now if he meant it, who knows? It was probably him being typical Terry. It still was humbling. Hopefully, there’s some truth to it. To be considered on his level, that means a lot.”

What is beyond argument is that Roethlisberger is playing the best football of his 12-year NFL career.

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2015/09/27/Ron-Cook-Big-Ben-beats-Bradshaw-as-Steelers-best-quarterback/stories/201509270128

Count Steeler
09-27-2015, 06:52 AM
Give me either one, in any era. A winner is a winner.

86WARD
09-27-2015, 08:48 AM
I'd also take either one. Any era. I feel that if Bradshaw played today, he'd be a Brett Favre clone to put in modern day terms...

Butch
09-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Both are Great for different reasons and I am happy we have had them both on our team.