PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Fichtner Deserves Credit For Two Point Decisions

stillers4me
09-26-2015, 08:57 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have already bucked the trend by going for two three times this season, converting all three. And according to those in the locker room, that plan isn't going to stop. There's a lot of credit to go around. Mike Tomlin for being gutsy enough. Ben Roethlisberger and then ten other men on the field for executing the play..........................

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-fichtner-deserves-credit-for-two-point-decisions/

86WARD
09-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Is it really "gutsy" though??

stillers4me
09-26-2015, 09:03 AM
I hope the fans are ready for when we don't make a 2 point conversion.

Because it's going to happen.

Butch
09-26-2015, 09:12 AM
I hope the fans are ready for when we don't make a 2 point conversion.

Because it's going to happen.

Say it aint so!!!

TeeTee
09-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Something else they should zip it on. "Gusty?" Big whoop. Just wait until we lose a game because Tomlin has to get all cocky and go for 2 when it's not even necessary. Then we will see how much the accolades roll in.

Butch
09-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Something else they should zip it on. "Gusty?" Big whoop. Just wait until we lose a game because Tomlin has to get all cocky and go for 2 when it's not even necessary. Then we will see how much the accolades roll in.

With the state of our current kicker missing or barely making kicks I say what's the harm? What if we had let scoobie kick and he misses them, then everyone would be saying why didn't we start going for 2. At this point I have very little faith in our kicking game, and even if it costs us a game, to go for 2, I don't mind that we try. I also don't mind that after we get up big we let scoobie practice kicking the extra points as was the case in the last game. We need to be able to rely on our kicking game at some point this season, but we can't let that hinder us from winning when we know it's a weakness.

ALLD
09-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Is Fichtner the guy that brought in Scobee? It will be interesting on 4th and goal from the 2-yd. line and they try the FG.

tube517
09-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Fire Fichtner

86WARD
09-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Is Fichtner the guy that brought in Scobee? It will be interesting on 4th and goal from the 2-yd. line and they try the FG.

lol...that's a good call. with the game on the line after a TD, down by one and they go for two...that's gutsy.

hawaiiansteeler
09-29-2015, 12:25 AM
we didn't convert the 2-point conversion attempt against the Lambs...

FIRE FICHTNER!!!