PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me why

Butch
09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Why was lefty in there last night? It should have been Ben for just a series and then Charlie. No Dixon and No Lefty. Now we are stuck with FOUR QB's on our roster and may end up losing a good young prospect because someone decided it was better to have Lefty in there in a meaningless pre-season game.

hotrodder07
09-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Hindsight is 20/20. I was in favor of playing Leftwich before the game started. I wanted him to get as many snaps as possible with first teamers. Unfortunately, it led to an injury. We can second guess Tomlin and the coaching staff all we want, but I was in agreement with the call to play him. Obviously, if we could do it over, we'd sit him, but the thought was to get him as much time with the first team as possible.

Steeltreal
09-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I hope he ends up on IR or is cut. Hes not going to see time this year.

SteelerEmpire
09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
What if we didn't play him last night and he got hurt at Atlanta ? You just don't know when these things are gonna happen...

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Shiiit happens.

Just think, if our Franchise QB wasn't a total Jackasss this off season, this wouldn't even be an issue would it?

cold-hard-steel
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
What if we didn't play him last night and he got hurt at Atlanta ? You just don't know when these things are gonna happen...

I agree with your post except he would not have a chance to get hurt at Atlanta,because they play in Pittsburgh.

SteelerSal
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
IF Lefty was penciled in as the day 1 starter and this happened in our first game, Dixon or batch would not of had the reps with the first team in preperation for week one....now whoever is gonna be our starter has a week head start on being ready for a game that counts.
Sad to say, If an injury was to happen, Lefty's injury happened at a good time. IMO

venom
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
If lefty is out for weeks , he will get cut . Amazing on how the questions about this team builds over the days

Raleigh Steel
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
FWIW, listening to ed bouchette, he said the steelers were probably going to cut batch and go with 2 QB's until ben gets back. now they'll just go with dixon and batch. depending on the severity of byron's injury, his days as a steeler are probably finished.

so we can start dixon who brings an athletic element behind that (cough, cough) offensive line. and if he can't get the job done, batch knows the offense in and out and probably get the job done so long as his eggshell exterior holds up.

either way the steelers go no worse than 2-2 but probably start out 3-1!

SteelerSal
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
either way the steelers go no worse than 2-2 but probably start out 3-1!

I can live with this.

Psycho Ward 86
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
He won't be on IR with an MCL tear, not nearly that long. Now there's a good chance that we cut him, which is totally cool since we got Dixon and Batch is under contract for 2 more seasons. Front Office did a nice job preparing for this scenario!